PDA

View Full Version : speedo not working in adm sprinter

KuRt
11th June 2007, 04:00 PM
my speedo does not work in my car i need it to to get it regoed obviosly. iv pulled the shaft out of the gearbox and it seems to move ok when i spin the wheels so im thinking its in the speedo it self as anyone else had this problem?? ow and is got a 4ac stock every thing

parrot
11th June 2007, 04:58 PM
I am guessing you mean you checked the speedo drive from the gearbox? What about the actual speedo cable, have you checked that? Have you had the cluster out? Is the cable correctly sited into the back of the cluster?

KuRt
11th June 2007, 06:22 PM
yeh iv done that and discovered the the cable on the right hand bend out of the gear box its like 4cm long and the cable in that was broken and then i spun the cable after the bend and the male drive bit that goes into the back of the speedo still didnt move so i pulled on it and fair enought its broken to fuken thing

does ne one no do you have to buy a whole new cable and sleeve or just a cable ?????

dr1ft-pig
11th June 2007, 06:44 PM
ya can just buy a cable we can get em at work, call repco u just cut em to size and crimp the end on it

mrmatt
11th June 2007, 08:17 PM
sorry to hijack
since were on the topic of speedo cables. i don't have one at all in my ae86. is there another car i can steal one from that has the same cable? no one sell them, they only sell the universal cables.

cheers Matt

dr1ft-pig
11th June 2007, 08:44 PM
sorry to hijack
since were on the topic of speedo cables. i don't have one at all in my ae86. is there another car i can steal one from that has the same cable? no one sell them, they only sell the universal cables.

cheers Matt[/b]

do u have the outer cable casing mat?

KuRt
11th June 2007, 10:02 PM
sure do its all in the car still but cause the cable was brokin it just slides out so can i just get a new cable or do i need to buy the whole thing???

dr1ft-pig
11th June 2007, 10:16 PM
well buy a cable and ill show u how to do it ive done1 in a ke70 b4

KuRt
11th June 2007, 10:33 PM
cheers man i just want to get i regoed so i can weld the diff and rip some skids lol

dr1ft-pig
12th June 2007, 11:30 AM
it aint gonna last long if u do that shit, u gonna do a conversion?, u do a dirty turbo nissan motor im gonna cut off your sack and feed it to you

flamingheads
12th June 2007, 11:35 AM
Theres already threads about this. Try searching.
Basically an AE71 cable will fit. Search for a full story.

KuRt
12th June 2007, 07:20 PM
tims sprinter did haha nah ill do i 16v 4age conversion with 20v quads

dr1ft-pig
12th June 2007, 07:58 PM
yeah sort of, upgrade diff and shit also coz it wont take a 16v's thrashing

ke70dave
12th June 2007, 09:01 PM
yeah get an ae71 one, its got a T50 as well

also chances of a mechanic knocking your car back for not haveing a speedo working is very low, both times ive got RWC's the mechanic has only driven the car from the car park onto the car hoist thing, not even enough to register any speed at all.

but best to get it fixed while you can http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tup.gif

Driftspec
13th June 2007, 12:23 AM
Lets see, 100km/h is at about 3200rpm in 5th for most Toyotas, thats all you need to know http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif

And search is your friend!

KuRt
14th June 2007, 08:20 AM
it all good now i fixed it thanks to gibbos a hacksaw and a welder lol but that serious that right angle bit that comes out of the gear box you cant get it from toyota cause they dont make it ne more and the wreaks dont have them so i cut mine in half and took the wire out and welded it back together and made the cable go from the speedo to the gear box in one piece and it only cost me $9.00 cheers for your guys help

dr1ft-pig
15th June 2007, 07:40 PM
callum, you are one ghetto mother f**ker

haha look forward to seeing ya hachi soon

KuRt
15th June 2007, 08:56 PM
got it regoed today yew and got some hot wires of dane it looks good