PDA

View Full Version : heater problem

yoshimitsu9
18th June 2007, 06:02 PM
as the title states.

my heater will not blow hot air what so ever, the hoses from the engine are aftermarket (light blue) and they have pressure so water is circulating thru the heater. the switch in the dash is not broken because i pulled out the glove box to check that. is the core stuffed??? any help would be appreciated

cheers,

stefan

Gilly
18th June 2007, 07:24 PM
is the cable still connected to the heater tap? its in the engine bay

(i'd try to find a pic but i don't have a 16v handy anymore http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/tongue.gif )

slide86
18th June 2007, 07:24 PM
are you sure that there is water going through the core?

is the hearter tap jammed closed? this will prevent water from flowing through the core, but the pipes will still have pressure in them.

id be checking the heater tap operation first

yoshimitsu9
18th June 2007, 08:22 PM
then whats the cold to hot slider connected to? when i pulled out the glove box it was attached to a mechanism inside the cabin behind the dash

slide86
18th June 2007, 08:26 PM
the cold to hot mechanism is attatched to that and also to the heater tap on the firewall next to the clutch master.

the cable comes off these sometimes, that will cause the 'no hot air'

get someone to sit in the car and move the slider whilst you monitor the heater tap, you will be able to see if the cable is actuating the tap or not

Jonny Rochester
18th June 2007, 08:29 PM
The hot/cold slider is attatched to a blue cable. The blue cable goes to the engine bay and opens and shuts the water tap on the firewall.

There are other cables that also control the vent doors on the heater box, which also need to work.

yoshimitsu9
18th June 2007, 08:33 PM
ok in the last 10 minutes i have established that i have no heater tap, damn ex race cars http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/angry.gif . i beleive it is some models of celicas that share the same heater tap. does anyone know which models they are?

slide86
18th June 2007, 08:59 PM
well, if you have no heater tap and the lines are hooked up correctly, theoretically you should have a heater all the time that you cant turn off.....

driftism
19th June 2007, 11:12 AM
i had no heater tap on my old car and i had hot and cold when i wanted it... dunno why you need the heater tap in the first place.