PDA

View Full Version : Headlights, What did u do?

gottago
21st June 2007, 09:48 PM
i got a adm 86 with stock headlights, totally shits me since ive owned it, i can barely see anything in the rain and struggle at night in general.

So what are you using for lighting? any recomendations?? any direct fit globes that increase lighting a fair bit?

anyone running driving lights?? if so what ones? mounted where? work well??

driftism
21st June 2007, 10:50 PM
I put 100watt globes in my headlights. Improved things untill it burned the plastic off the plugs on the lights. if you upgrade the wire to something of a thicker guage you should be able to do this without a problem.

parrot
21st June 2007, 11:08 PM
I put 100w globes in my Jap lights too and have never had a problem, but agree upgrading the wiring is a very good idea to steer clear of potential dramas.

ke70dave
22nd June 2007, 12:51 AM
best up grade i EVER did to my first car was buying some "philips blue vision" bulbs from autobarn. about 60$. light up EVERYTHING. dont be tempted to get the el cheapo "extra bright" bulbs from supercheap, they are crap. invest in some philips ones i cant recommend them any higher http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/emoticons/2thumbs.gif

the wiring idea is also good, but i think you'll be happy with some better bulbs.

i still gota steal my blue visions back from bahnugget after he borrowed them for a certain "experdition into the wilderness" one night:P ohh that was a fun night....

haado gei
22nd June 2007, 12:42 PM
i run philips diamond/blue vision... im not overly impressed.
they are a lot better than stanard globes tho.

rthy
22nd June 2007, 07:12 PM
I run HIDs, heaps of glare but they make the original lights look like 2 candles

ae71neo
22nd June 2007, 07:30 PM
I want to eventually get HIDs. 6500k pure white? What brand are yours sam?

rthy
25th June 2007, 03:39 PM
6500K if it is labeled correctly (many arnt) is pure white, mine is a no name brand but it seems to be of a very high quality.

That colour does have some serious glare though, you have been warned.

upgarage
25th June 2007, 05:26 PM
just run jap headlights
they dont have that gay reflector thing in the headlight
no problems at all

poh_86
26th June 2007, 04:59 PM
6500k is generally a tinge of blue pending what brand you get

still kinda crap if your driving in the rain as it doesnt reflect/glare anything

trust me i run 8000k (not by choice) in my brothers car and i dislike it as i cant see the road properly, maybe im shit blind, 5000k is a pure white

i'd go 4,300k for hid if i had the chance as the tinge of yellow does help reflect glare

but if you want a cheaper alternative i agree with ke70 dave, phillips are the shiz

Matt-AE86
26th June 2007, 09:16 PM
Even when removing the reflector thing in the Early model headlights, doesn't really increase anything.. I think its more the glass in the Later model head lights that the glass actually reflects better etc..

roadsailing
26th June 2007, 09:22 PM
i boguht narva or something blue white bulbs, they seemed OK, you will get good gains by re-running the headlight cables with thick wire, if you are good with relays this can be done so the power wire for the headlights goes straight from the battery.

i used pure white parker globes too, looks shithouse if you have white headlights and yellow parkers.

might even get wanker lights soon, can never have too much lighting!

rthy
27th June 2007, 01:06 PM
if lights have a tinge of blue and are meant to be 6500K then they are labeled incorrectly. Even though I love the pure white of my HIDs I would go for a softer colour now if I had a choice just to reduce the glare.

mike86
27th June 2007, 02:29 PM
Has anyone seen those yellow spot lights? Does the yellow lense do anything in particular or is it just to look pretty

gottago
30th June 2007, 06:09 PM
hopefulyl ill sort all this out next weekend..

got another problem when u click the headlight stalk forward to engage highbeams permanently i have no lights whatso ever. pull it back and its like normal highbeam flashing.. what the??

r3zzz4
30th June 2007, 06:14 PM
Get the multimeter out mate, answers all problems if you know how to use it...

Dan_AE86
30th June 2007, 06:23 PM
**HOT TIP**
Adjust the headlights, makes a WORLD of difference, and 30PLUS globes are a pretty good package!

MY2C
Dan.