PDA

View Full Version : wierd noise

callum1
23rd June 2007, 12:00 PM
hey everyone. iv got a 4agze, and its been running a bit rough the last two days so i was checking it out and found it had very little oil, so i filled it up, and that solved that.now its started making a really wierd noise. when im on about 13-14psi of boost at 4500rpm to 5500rpm (didnt want to go any higher) there is this wierd kind of sucking/scraping metal on metal noise. its never made this noise before even on redline. what the hell could it be. the oil from the engine is the same that goes through the supercharger...so could i have farked the supercharger by having low oil?

dr1ft-pig
23rd June 2007, 03:45 PM
those superchargers dont run that amount of boost for long as it melts the internals, my guess is that your blower is farked

biggo
24th June 2007, 12:33 AM
check the harmonic balance key, they are known to fail and still work kinda

riceburner
24th June 2007, 09:41 AM
Dont the super chargers have there own oil.

Im 90% certain they dont use engine oil. Yes 13.14psi will soon kill the charger.

If your running kinda rough id be looking into vacumm/pressure holes first.

dustyae86
24th June 2007, 04:04 PM
these chargers have thier own oil, if the revs are sitting up higher then i would say vac leaks... but that amount of boost supposedly kills them take you intercooler hoses off and spin it by hand and see if it puffs, if it does it sounds like its probably a fucked charger.... but if its still getting boost then maybe not

callum1
24th June 2007, 07:27 PM
nah revs are normal. hmm. looks like its turbo time. im glad that its tax time :)