PDA

View Full Version : Unleaded fuel filler neck

driftism
25th June 2007, 11:05 PM
hey all,

need to fit my levin with an unleaded fuel filler neck to get it through it's compliance inspection.
wondering if anyone knows of what i can use, or if i have to weld a filler on off an ae92 or something.
Was thinking that possibly the late model ke/ae's came with a unleaded filler but not sure.

any help would be appreciated.

Jonny Rochester
26th June 2007, 12:29 AM
I can't help, other than to say its a bit rediculus having to have the unleaded fuel thing when you can't even buy leaded petrol anymore. I guess the filler neck would stop you accidently putting deisel in.

If you really have to, get one from a wrecker and weld the bit in. Or it maybe even be simpler to weld a new bit of metal in. For a factory style job, get the filler neck zink plated again after welding, if you can be bothered.

driftism
26th June 2007, 12:35 AM
I thought it seemed a bit silly too... maybe the vehicle standards department just haven't got round to updating their paperwork that they faxed to me. I'll give them a call tomorrow and double check if i need to change it.

If i do i think i'll weld another one in, seems the easiest thing to do.

Hen is a total nutcase
26th June 2007, 10:58 AM
You can half drop the tank and take the filler neck off. Then cut the end off about 2" below the cap, weld in a correctly sized steel washer (unleaded fuel filler diameter) about 1" below the cap, then weld the whole neck back together. If you have any pinhole leaks in the weld 2 part epoxy (Araldite) will seal it and be fuel resistant.

Just check that all that will be kosher with the appropriate department.

Hen