PDA

View Full Version : Offset

DRFTPG
26th June 2007, 04:21 PM
So front wheel drive cars have large + offsets right, so if you were to put wheels on with a - offset or a 0 offset on then the wheels would probably stick heaps far out of the guards? but if you put rims with to bigger + offset on a rwd car they would rub on the suspension? just want to know if that info is correct.

Javal
26th June 2007, 04:36 PM
It varies from model to model, but this is usually the case.

However some rwd vehicles come out with high + offset wheels from the factory.

FD Rx-7 is an example, come with +47 16? x 8's factory

Like i say, it varies from model to model.

DRFTPG
26th June 2007, 04:42 PM
ok so if i were to put like a 0 offset rim onto a pulsar the rims would sit way out of the guards (+32 offset stock i think)

stouty
26th June 2007, 04:53 PM
It would move the outer edge of them rim 37mm out. So if you have that much space between the guards then should be fine also depends on what tyre size you use at that will take up some space aswell.

DRFTPG
26th June 2007, 05:07 PM
ok thanks heaps for your help

Javal
26th June 2007, 06:14 PM
although it depends if the rims you are putting on there are the same width as the standard ones.

verm69
29th June 2007, 12:04 PM
easy guide to offset...

take the width of the wheel, half it... thats 0 offset...

so if you have a 8" wide wheel with 0 offset, then you have 4" of rim before the center peice

if you have an 8" wide wheel with +50 you'll have about 2" of rim before the center peice...

so if you have 4" of gap from where your wheel bolts on and the inner of you guard and 4" to the wall of the engine bay, a 8" wide rim with 0 offset should be fine....

have a look at the link below as well... it'll probably explain it better :)

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/techpage.jsp?techid=101

google is your friend :P