PDA

View Full Version : how strong are ke70 borg diffs?

egg_83
28th June 2007, 09:38 PM
as title says how much stronger are they than a s series? would it worth the hastle os should i just wait to get a t series. i know there are no lsd options but ill be happy with a mig locker

Course_Out
28th June 2007, 10:13 PM
I wasn't aware that they were stronger? That said vtec, drftke70 and myself all run locked borgies and I'm the only one that's had an issue, and that was more related to me running it out of oil before locking it. Completely flogged out from running it open with no oil, locked it and it survived plenty of street driving plus a drift day at Oran Park (400km round trip to get there as well) before it started clunking again

albertos
28th June 2007, 10:23 PM
treat them nice and theyll be good to u

Rob
28th June 2007, 10:46 PM
Ive had no problems with mine apart from alot of whining, But im only running a 4k but it gets thrashed.

Gilly
28th June 2007, 11:42 PM
sun gears break, but once its locked they don't move therefore can't break ;)

surprisingly durable diffs, just ask the guys course out mentioned

Flubber
29th June 2007, 09:43 AM
have a stocka s series welded for a few months now, havent hada problem with it.. running 160rwkw threw her and not a problem thrash it everytime i drive it.. second the comment of "surprisingly durable diffs"

Flubber
8th July 2007, 07:00 PM
have a stocka s series welded for a few months now, havent hada problem with it.. running 160rwkw threw her and not a problem thrash it everytime i drive it.. second the comment of "surprisingly durable diffs"[/b]

Retract previous statement hahaha snapped an axle yesterday.. no good for decent power.. weak as piss hah hypocrit i know hah

RobertoX
9th July 2007, 01:17 AM
^^ you have a borgy fool!

egg_83
12th July 2007, 10:06 PM
so they'll be fine behind a gze? it makes 115kw and 422Nm torque.