PDA

View Full Version : Substitue AE86 window lifter?

Vezza
28th June 2007, 10:40 PM
Hey guys,
my window lifter scissor mechanism is buggered. Is it possible to use one of another car such as an AE82 or AE92?

Thanks,
Ves

Shiri
29th June 2007, 01:30 AM
SV21 Camrys

FLT LNR
29th June 2007, 02:05 AM
sorry to hijack... how bout ke70? none of my local wreckers have a keto....... <_<

slide86
29th June 2007, 02:33 AM
i think ma61 power windows can be fitted to ae86. enabling electric windows on 86! woot woot

Vezza
29th June 2007, 11:40 AM
SV21 Camrys[/b]

sweet, i'll check out the wreckers today

yoshimitsu9
29th June 2007, 06:19 PM
i think ma61 power windows can be fitted to ae86. enabling electric windows on 86! woot woot[/b]

enlighten us with more info. though ive never seen an ma61 at any wreckers.....

Vezza
29th June 2007, 09:06 PM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=366178)
i think ma61 power windows can be fitted to ae86. enabling electric windows on 86! woot woot[/b]

enlighten us with more info. though ive never seen an ma61 at any wreckers.....
[/b] Just went to the wreckers today... and I can tell you, I'm loving RA60's... yes their fugly, but so far they've proven themselves to be good for AE86 spares! The power windows and manual windows both fit the AE86. All the minor interior trim bits fit as well, such as window handles, door handles and what not. Their diff's are nearly a perfect fit and being a T series, their able to take an LSD AND you get 10mm of extra track(width) on either side, saves using spacers. The only thing you need to do is to get an adjustable panhard rod, shorten the tailshaft and cut sum slots for the sway bar mounts (or if you want to be dodgy, bend the mounting tabs over to hold the mounts). The tailshaft shortening cost me $135 and I already had an adjustable panhard rod, even if you had to buy one, the total cost would be cheaper than going japspec. Yes, the trailing arm mounts are a bit wider, but it's pretty much negligible and won't make any difference if u get pillow ball trailing arms... I dunno why people and paying crazy dollars for japspec diffs oops.. a bit off topic. Maybe we should start an AE86 substitute spares thread?

I also noticed after a quick look that the AE82 and AE92's seem to have the same window regulators.
Anyways, after a couple of hours I finished installing the power windows today and they work great! For those who are worried about the weight gained, don't, the motor weighs a feather and there's hardly a difference in weight between the two...

haado gei
29th June 2007, 11:05 PM
if i were to goto a wreckers what parts from an ra60 would i need to make an ae86 have power windows ?

Vezza
30th June 2007, 11:35 AM
if i were to goto a wreckers what parts from an ra60 would i need to make an ae86 have power windows ?[/b] All you need is the power window scissor mechanism, which pretty much looks the same as the manual one with a motor attached to it, and the window button. It's best if you remove yours from your car first and take it to the wreckers, then you can just match it up to one of the cars there. As I said, the RA60's aren't the only ones compatible... so just take a look at all the older Toyota cars... AE82/AE92/RA60. I wouldn't be surprised if most or all toyota's in that era used the same widow components.

haado gei
3rd July 2007, 01:22 AM
sounds interesting i will have a look for some

Vezza
3rd July 2007, 01:27 AM
sounds interesting i will have a look for some[/b]

yeah it's worth it, I used a window switch off a ford laser though, cos the toyota one was busted.

haado gei
4th July 2007, 07:26 PM
i saw an ra60 at a wreckers today but it had manual windows. i guess the power windows must be optional. the twinky i saw had wind up too :( not having much luck :S