PDA

View Full Version : extractors for 4ac

superbmobile
4th July 2007, 10:25 PM
Im not sure if they make extractors for 4ac's but if anyone knows please tell me.

Javal
5th July 2007, 12:30 AM
Nothing off the shelf mate.

....why would there be?

stefan
5th July 2007, 01:09 PM
just do a carby set up 4age if you dont wana do a ecu

Julz01
5th July 2007, 06:42 PM
just put a straight through exhaust on it, thats probably the only thing you can do for the old girl

Konakid
5th July 2007, 08:18 PM

....why would there be?[/b]

Because companies make extractors for so many cars its not funny....

Its probalby been done to death but how similar are 4age extractors? Would they fit on the 4AC

ae71
5th July 2007, 08:23 PM
i dont think extractors are worth the money. i have put a freeish flowing exhaust on it it made an improvement, has a muffeler in it helps to open up the top end. cutsom extractors are too expensive for the gain. they are also not availbe off the shell because of the simees design i belive.

Its probalby been done to death but how similar are 4age extractors? Would they fit on the 4AC[/b]

4ac exhaust is on the diffrent side to 4age and the ports are completely diffrent

Konakid
5th July 2007, 08:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Its probalby been done to death but how similar are 4age extractors? Would they fit on the 4AC[/b]

4ac exhaust is on the diffrent side to 4age and the ports are completely diffrent
[/b][/quote]

:hammer:

Driftspec
5th July 2007, 09:25 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE

[/b][/quote]

Doesn't that make it a non-crossflow head? So extractors won't really work that well? Fairly noobie question, but I thought I'd ask it.

Having said that, I have a hole in my exhaust just behind the cat, and it seemed to free the engine up quite a bit.

mikewestphoto
6th July 2007, 12:40 AM
Ask yourself, what does a non-crossflow head have to do with extractors?

Extractors, as I understand them, are tuned to certain RPM's where they 'work' properly. That means in a 4-1 collector, as one pulse comes through and creates a vacuum of sorts the next pulse is sucked into the collector. They also pull air out of the combustion chamber by creating a low pressure area just beyond the exhaust valve.

kaibeecee
6th July 2007, 10:36 AM
look at it this way;

the money you spend on getting custom headers made, is easily enough to purchase a 4age of sorts

TRD copy extractors (enough to get you started) go for about $250

weigh it up

Javal
6th July 2007, 07:31 PM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=369062)

....why would there be?[/b]

Because companies make extractors for so many cars its not funny....
[/b]
Because many companies make replacements for the stock items. No hektik tuned length shit here, just extractors made with the least amount of metal possible.

Driftspec
7th July 2007, 02:53 PM
Ask yourself, what does a non-crossflow head have to do with extractors?

Extractors, as I understand them, are tuned to certain RPM's where they 'work' properly. That means in a 4-1 collector, as one pulse comes through and creates a vacuum of sorts the next pulse is sucked into the collector. They also pull air out of the combustion chamber by creating a low pressure area just beyond the exhaust valve.[/b]

Ahh cool, thanks for the info! It makes sense.

I agree, extractors for a 4AC would only be necessary if you were going to persist with and build up the 4AC, which is admirable! Custom units may be the way, though.

Matty-KE70
20th July 2007, 12:35 PM
Guy, go speak to marky from exhuast tech

seek
20th July 2007, 12:40 PM
the extractors are going to be worth more then the 4ac itself

darkon
20th July 2007, 10:11 PM
4ac's are on the same level as daewoo engines. the most id do if I were you would be some universal bolt ons like a pod or a catback exhaust. maybe advance your timing if you want more power

MountainRunner
20th July 2007, 11:03 PM
they pop up on ebay US

ae71
21st July 2007, 08:48 PM
the extractors are going to be worth more then the 4ac itself[/b]

yes this is true, unless you take wreckers prices for them, over 200 for one that is 'a bit smokey'

4ac's are on the same level as daewoo engines. the most id do if I were you would be some universal bolt ons like a pod or a catback exhaust. maybe advance your timing if you want more power[/b]

4ac's are definately not on the same level as daewoo engines, I would like to see a daewoo pull close to 400,000 without the motor ever being touched. seeing as 4ac powered anything dosent have a cat these no cat back exhaust if you mean from where it joins near the front muffeler that wont do squat, for the extra few $ get a full exhaust with a freeer flowing sport muffeler. also a 23/36 carb is a big upgrade over the stocko item.

I have a full (was full until resently) exhaust 2- 2 1/4. it helped to open up the top end. I think al in all it's probaly best just to go with the stock mani.