PDA

View Full Version : Axles??

1JZ Z20
13th July 2007, 01:17 AM
howdy guys, just wondering if anyone know how the hell to pull the axles out off a diff. I got a KE70 and want to pull the centre out of it.

Much appreciated

Heng

distant00
13th July 2007, 03:39 PM
This is how i've done it on my sprinter:

take off the wheel, remove the drum, undo the four bolts holding the axle, flip the drum around, put it back on the axle, screw the wheel nuts on and slide-hammer it..... hope it makes sense <_<

This thread should be in tech. questions, shouldn't it

Jonny Rochester
13th July 2007, 11:44 PM
moved

1JZ Z20
14th July 2007, 01:21 PM
lol good one there and what if i break the drum? lol

anyone else have experinced how to take the axles off?

much appreciated

Heng

Jonny Rochester
14th July 2007, 04:22 PM
take off the wheel, remove the drum, undo the four bolts holding the axle, flip the drum around, put it back on the axle, screw the wheel nuts on and slide-hammer it..... hope it makes sense

I will add that it maybe easier to remove the brake shoes and handbrake cables.

riceburner
15th July 2007, 06:56 PM
lol good one there and what if I break the drum? lol

anyone else have experinced how to take the axles off?[/b]

If you bust your drum getting yoru axles out then they aint coming out, simple as that.

Do what is suggested.

I had trouble with mine and a swift belt with a slide hammer removed them quit easy.

Quick direct force is what you need and a can of wd40 will help, not massive amount or torque.

distant00
17th July 2007, 08:23 PM
Drum is the metal casting in case you don't know what I'm referring to) ?? Very unlikely you will break it, of course if you are Johnny Bravo it would be a different story... :P

v-tec
17th July 2007, 08:27 PM
Lol at one point with an old borgy rear end, we had three 90kg guys sitting on the whole rear end assembly (it was ditached from the car), and it involved almost an hour of pulling with chains tied to the nuts and a sledge hammer.

lol any normal diff should be that hard tho, just do as others have said and put the drum casing backwards. And use some gloves cause if your going it for more then five minutes youll know why I said that.