PDA

View Full Version : JDM T50 / TA22 Slave Cyl Problem

Andor
14th July 2007, 07:02 PM
I've just put a jdm t-50 with bellhousing on my car which relocates the clutch slave cylinder to the drivers side of the car. I was told to use a clutch slave cylinder from a t18 or ta22, repco had no t18 listed so i got the ta22 one. I've bolted it up and bled it properly, but there is a 10mm or more gap between the rod of the slave cylinder and the clutch fork. It barely worked like this the clutch was not disengaging properly. I modified a bolt to replace the rod as a tempoary measure and this seems to have worked. Why am I having this problem if others have used the ta22 slave cylinder with no problems? How far forward is the clutch fork supposed to sit? I can easily bring it forward by hand quite a bit but it hardly moves backwards at all.

parrot
14th July 2007, 11:58 PM
Perhaps the T18 is listed as a TE72? Whatever, repco have no #$%^&* idea usually.

Can't comment on the TA22 slave, however just went out and measured mine up (with T18 slave which is not relevant).
Damn cold out tonight.

From the front surface of the outermost end of the clutch fork arm to the face of the bellhousing (where it meets the engine plate) is 100mm.

An alternative measurement is 46mm from the same spot on the clutch fork to the centre of the rear slave mount bolt.

Clearly you need to ascertain if the clutch fork is positioned correctly behind the bearing carrier which these measurements should answer, otherwise you will have to pull the box back out......

Good luck!

Jonny Rochester
15th July 2007, 03:22 AM
You should have bought a TE72 one. But you maybe able to use the TA22 one if you use the rod from your old one.

The TA22 one is designed for a different style fork, and has a screw adjustment on the rod. The spring is also different.

Andor
15th July 2007, 12:59 PM
Thanks guys, especially parrot for braving the cold :). The fork seems to be in the right place according to those measurments so it must be the slave, I'll order a t18 te72 one. Thanks again!