PDA

View Full Version : nother 4age question please

hilton
16th July 2007, 08:16 PM
yo!
got some gauges, go tthe wireing down pat, althou, I'm not sure where I put the senders, water temp and oil pressure.

whare have you guys got your senders or where should I put them? chheers :2thumbs:

biggo
16th July 2007, 09:58 PM
water temp is just near the inlet on the motor , follow the top radiator hose

oil pressure is on the exhaust side, under the dizzy on 16v

johnny_08
17th July 2007, 02:23 AM
the silver cap thing // I know casue mine was leakin :P

hilton
17th July 2007, 04:27 PM
the silver cap thing // I know casue mine was leakin :P[/b]
for water or oil?

johnny_08
17th July 2007, 11:22 PM
oil

hilton
18th July 2007, 09:38 PM
yo thanks, had a look at the engine found the things, just wondering now if I need to keep the standard oil press sensor in there, and same with that water temp sensor, because I know the important water sensors are at the back of the head (green and brown plugs) and I duno bout oil, but I am now thinking that ill put the gauges sensors in but connect the loom to them too, any one got objections or sugestions =D??????

johnny_08
18th July 2007, 11:56 PM
for the oil couldnt you just cut/ tap into the wires just after the cap

ps: don't do this unless someone who ACTUALLY knows agrees :P , I don't even trust myself, just seemed logical

hilton
19th July 2007, 09:49 AM
for the oil couldnt you just cut/ tap into the wires just after the cap

ps: don't do this unless someone who ACTUALLY knows agrees :P , I don't even trust myself, just seemed logical[/b]
yeah I will do that but ill use the sensor from the gauge because I will always be looking at the gauge and if the standard sensor reads diferent to the gauges one it will read in correct pressure....you follow?

biggo
19th July 2007, 10:42 AM
hilton, I've done what your sayin on the oil pressure one. it didnt work cos theidle pressure is higher than the resistor in the dash. Just connect up the guages and keep an eagle eye on them