PDA

View Full Version : Damaged rear drivetrain

Dillon Mac
19th July 2007, 09:10 PM
I smashed up my rear drive train.. a lot of things bent and broken but don't know what they are so can't post for want to buy.. Also need to know what sort of axles will fit into an AE86 shaft.. Warped my hub pretty bad.. will wait till week end for photos and list..

us_ae86
19th July 2007, 09:12 PM
Gilly might be able to "assist you". ;)

haado gei
19th July 2007, 09:24 PM
you are in SA.... get lawson to hook up up ;)
ajps ftw

ke70dave
19th July 2007, 10:29 PM
is this the same accident that you mentioned in another thread where you "spun out"

also just a nice reminder, when you start threads, start of by saying "hi guys" or something, and explaining yourself a little more. imagine you are walking up to someone and telling them this.

you woudlnt walk up to someone and the first thing you said was "I smashed up my rear drive train.. a lot of things bent ......", I know it sounds silly, but it's just common courtesy

I don't mean to offend :2thumbs:

Dillon Mac
19th July 2007, 11:57 PM
Gilly has helped me tons, if he has a look I hope he drops a post..

Btw I'm prob the best part of 2 > 3 hours drive away from AJPS and thats not including the return trip.. So I think I will wait before I start making orders or plans..

Btw ke70.. I'm normally straight to the point, cause I don't read a lot so I never bother to *dribble* and I bet a few other people are like that...

Anyone up in the northern suberbs can help me out atleast? Anyone spooted soemthing at a wrecker or know a shop I should try? I've tryed Autotech Imports in Dry Creek, but no help there..

Javal
20th July 2007, 03:53 AM
'lizbuff you-steal-it would be your first place of call.

Joel-AE86
20th July 2007, 01:54 PM
I smashed up my rear drive train.. a lot of things bent and broken but don't know what they are so can't post for want to buy.. Also need to know what sort of axles will fit into an AE86 shaft.. Warped my hub pretty bad.. will wait till week end for photos and list..[/b]

That shit make little sense.

Learn the simple nomenclature of parts specific to an AE86 e.g. Axles fit into a Diff Centre. this will help yourself and others understand what you mean.

Dillon Mac
20th July 2007, 09:16 PM
Atm I need a left rear axle so I can get it into town.. Once I get it to work I can put it up on a wheel alignment bay or a lift and get a series look at what I broke in there lol

egg_83
21st July 2007, 03:08 AM
so you didnt learn to drive around corners after all? just get another s series diff would be easier and they are cheap and you have probably bent brackets for the housing

Dillon Mac
21st July 2007, 05:39 PM
where do I pick up an S series diff? And one willing to be posted/shipping to South Aus?

paulie
21st July 2007, 06:06 PM
ring AJPS dude, I think he sells them cheap.. around the 250 mark or so. maybe more.. even still that is dirt cheap...

Dillon Mac
21st July 2007, 06:07 PM
ring AJPS dude, I think he sells them cheap.. around the 250 mark or so. maybe more.. even still that is dirt cheap...[/b]

My dad rang them this morning for me cause I was working, but when he asked about AE86 axles and drive train he said "david laughed and said good luck"

egg_83
21st July 2007, 11:27 PM
have a look on ebay there is a cheap s series on there no center and in adelaide. have a look on other sites before writing up new topics every 10 min. it's not hard

Dillon Mac
21st July 2007, 11:38 PM
I'm after a T series conversion now..

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forum/index...showtopic=17467 (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forum/index.php?showtopic=17467)

egg_83
22nd July 2007, 12:09 AM
id get the rust fixed 1st before getting a t series, the s series is only $30 atm. a t series will cost $500+

Dillon Mac
22nd July 2007, 12:18 AM
yeah, but in the end.. isn't it going to be easier/cheaper with a T series.. Cause apparently the S series diffs are hard to find parts for..

I'm pretty sure the best part of my drivetrain is fucked anyway.. so this conversion may be better than trying to restore/fix an S series

ae71
22nd July 2007, 12:28 AM
just get another s-series for the time being.....

then when you have a t-serie that is freshened up with the lsd centre set, then swap it over.

you may of also bent trailing arms/panhard if you hit a gutter hard anout to brake shit other than you wheel...

seek
22nd July 2007, 01:25 AM
I would firstly fix your engine. it's a 4AC it's not complicated.

secondly scrap te t series rear end, doubt your looking for a LSD at this stage, plus if you stack it, it wont be so cheap to fix (will certainally be funny though)

s series are cheap. learn the car, then lock it... heaps of people are on here with locked s-series and a 16v, seems to do alright for the timebeing. I'm assuming a 4AC will only prolong it's life. plus, you can wreck your broken one for parts that are needed. s-series are cheap. get that.

lastly, spend the remaining on attending to that rust.

Dillon Mac
22nd July 2007, 03:39 AM
The rust can wait atm cause my car isn't even drivable yet, and my 4AC will be getting a full inspec as soon as I can drive it into town.. But atm I need to do something about my diff, and like I said my dad has been ringing all the wreckers in S.A. looking for ADM Diff (s series) and all he got was "Good luck" and laughs.. let alone luck with a single left axle to fit an S series.. So if I have screwed my dif, whats the cheapest swap to go for, cause obviously an S series is too hard to find parts for.. looking for easy to find and cheap really.. Like the Hilux diff swap in that drift mag.. but I can't find that model Hilux so..

ke70dave
22nd July 2007, 11:07 AM
whatchoo talkin about willis!!

A ) fix the rust
be ) fix your engine
c ) post up a WTB in your section for a S-series diff, someone will have one, mate picked up one for 50$ complete
d ) fix the damn rust!!! a broken diff isn't going to get any worse, rust gets worse continually....

mate just did hilux diff conversion, hes up to 900$ without an LSD centre and without custom tail shaft, (bying and modifiying diff housing) hilux = not cheap, and not needed if you have a broken 4ac...

you have little to no chance of finding any ae86 parts (from an ae86) at any wreckers, your only chance is on here, or rollaclub.com or even toymods

Dillon Mac
22nd July 2007, 12:25 PM
Well at the moment my axle is warped to the point that id get defected for driving it and the cars left rear wheel gets air borne above 20km/ph.. I tryed driving on a warped axle it's done it in well.. And unless anyone can find me an S series left axle before a T series diff I'm prob sticking with the conversion..

ke70dave
22nd July 2007, 01:08 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-AE86-S-Serie...1QQcmdZViewItem (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Toyota-AE86-S-Series-Diff-Housing-Brakes-Axles_W0QQitemZ180141495485QQihZ008QQcategoryZ1042 8QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

buy that and put your diff centre in it.

the user is nos4ag, I think theres a member on here that goes by that name? might be same guy?

Dillon Mac
22nd July 2007, 01:14 PM
If there was something you needed to post to stop me from buying a T series you just found it.. Thank you very much will try and contact seller on e-bay