PDA

View Full Version : superpro bushes

loc33e
21st July 2007, 02:38 PM
hello, I'm planning to buy bushes for my car but I am very confused of what to get. are there any recommendation or suggestion? which one would I need? which one will be the bang for the bucks?

Front Control Arm Lower - Inner Bushing
Front Strut Bar To Chassis Mount Bushing
Front Sway Bar Link Bushing Kit
Front Sway Bar Mount To Chassis Bushing

Rear Panhard Rod Bushing
Rear Panhard Rod To Chassis Mount Bushing
Rear Panhard Rod To Diff Mount Bushing
Rear Sway Bar Link Lower Bushing
Rear Sway Bar Link Upper Bushing
Rear Sway Bar Mount Bushing
Rear Trailing Arm Lower Bushing All
Rear Trailing Arm - Upper - Bushing All

rthy
21st July 2007, 03:11 PM
don't replace the bushes in the top passenegr side trailing arm to the diff at each end, the rest of the 5 link is good. If you want a link on why I can send it.

I think the best bang for buck might be the anti-roll bars and the 5 link.

dr1ft-pig
21st July 2007, 03:38 PM
do the whole lot, it'll be the best 300 bux you will ever spend, I've driven an ae86 that has had theese bushed throughout, and compared to mine it was simply amazing, I will be doing this to mine, not sure if anyone else on here does superpros but clemo55 on theese forums is a fulcrum suspension dealer and can get the whole set in for a pretty good price, so give jason (clemo55) a pm and he should be able to sort you out

ke70dave
21st July 2007, 04:30 PM
don't replace the bushes in the top passenegr side trailing arm to the diff at each end, the rest of the 5 link is good. If you want a link on why I can send it.

I think the best bang for buck might be the anti-roll bars and the 5 link.[/b]

curious as to why you sugest that, I've heard various theorys about letting the diff move a little bit, could you please post up that link?

sorry for the thread overtaking

jdmcoupe
21st July 2007, 04:57 PM
I re bushed the coupe mid last yr and it was amazing, as tight as a 16yr old :P.... but now I have upgrades to rose joints at every corner and that is just amazing

loc33e
22nd July 2007, 11:13 PM
Sam_Q can you please link me...

whats the average price for bushes?

Jonny Rochester
22nd July 2007, 11:34 PM
I would also say, generaly you want all of the bushes replaced.

I didn't do the rear trailing arm bushes on mine yet as they looked ok. Replace the inner lower control arm bushes for sure, but I like the Nolathane ones better. You either need a press or a very strong bench vise and a but of scrap metal in the arm to stop is squashing.

paulie
23rd July 2007, 12:54 AM
the desired use of your car will heavily dictate which material you should use for your bushings. chances are the majority of your bushings on your car now are old, cracked or hardened.

If this is a street driven car I think it is un necessary to opt for poly or nolathane bushings. Sure the response will be great but they have a VERY short life span and can cause an uncomfourtable ride..

Remember any replacement bushing will feel 100% better than the older ones you are currently running so even factory bushings are a great, not to mention cheaper option..

I for one am going to replace my older farked out set for a new factory set purely due to the fact that I drive my car every single day..

I hope this helps ya..

johnny_08
23rd July 2007, 01:25 AM
I thought poly and nothalane lasted longer than rubber?

awang
23rd July 2007, 01:50 AM
same here, I thought poly and nothalane lasted longer, thats why my mechanic recommend me to use super pro as they are last longer, but it's a bit expensive

kaibeecee
23rd July 2007, 10:50 AM
rubber will last longer generally, it's softer and more resistant to wear, due to flexibility.

polyurethane becomes brittle over time, and flakes away because it's not as porus, doesn't get as 'moisturized' as rubber

realistically, if you want quality, find a TRD bushing set, it's expensive, but worth money. they're rubber, albeit a harder, better quality grade, and more wear efficient that OEM rubber bushes

I'd trust rubber personally for everything but swaybars where I like stiffness, keep in mind the OEM ones on the car last 20 years in most cases. you don't get that lifetime on polyurethane

RobertoX
25th July 2007, 01:26 PM
www.ajps.com.au

I have all the bushes in stock

will do very competitive prices

well worth it

I can also press them in for you

egg_83
25th July 2007, 01:57 PM
I got superpro bushes off dave. They are great you only need a vice to put them in the lca's just make sure you put the crush tube in after

loc33e
2nd August 2007, 08:55 PM
for the bushes, can anyone tell me which bushes i can put in myself and which ones need to be press in by machine

parrot
2nd August 2007, 11:29 PM
for the bushes, can anyone tell me which bushes i can put in myself and which ones need to be press in by machine[/b]

The lower control arm bushes need to be pressed out and in.
One end of the panhard rod and the 4 trailing arms need pressing out only.

egg_83
2nd August 2007, 11:29 PM
if you have a vice you can put the lca in dont need a press and most the others can be put in by hand.

rthy
3rd August 2007, 07:46 PM
sorry guys I looked for ages and cant find the orginal link on it, however it goes something like this from what I understand:

with all the bushes in the rear changed the diff cant pivot properly and to make it do that you need to either remove the top passeneger side bar (not recomended) or drill multiple holes through the rubber bushing.

Greg
4th August 2007, 01:13 AM
getting factory rubber bushes will cost you your first born. also note that if your looking for factory rubber bushes for an ae86 they'll be old and hence wont last as long.

The nolathane etc. route is better if your looking for better response and a cheaper option.

Granted rubber bushes will make be more comfortable but as i said less responsive.