PDA

View Full Version : Semi-slick Tyer Question??!!

253_rolla
21st July 2007, 06:26 PM
As topic!!......like put a 205/50/15 on 9''

or 225/50/15 would be best for 9'',yeah the thing is that is a AE86 than 225 would be problem rite??(225 will be on the rear in that case)

Semi-slick like TOYO RA1,R888

any inof will be a great help.

Thanx guys

ae71
21st July 2007, 08:55 PM
I'm asuming these are new?

for street radials a 205 will fit over a 9" rim no worries with a little strech on them. I surpose it would also depend on the strength of the sidewalls. also how much grip do you want at the rear..? obviosly the wider they are the more grip you will have.

253_rolla
21st July 2007, 10:05 PM
Yeah I want as much grip as possible because I'm a grip freak..

So streching a semi-slick are no go?? Than street radials is the go??So which street tyres have the best grid and have a really strong sidewalls for streching.......yep I'm buying them New.

thanx

ae71
21st July 2007, 11:41 PM
any 'high perfomance' radials should have strong side walls. I personaly would go for hi grip radials because they are a lot more 'safe'. when/if you go beond them limit of a semi slick, you go from total grip to no grip e.I. no contol. street tyres have progression, you will feel how much grip you have so you can push to the limits and know where they are.

having said that, obviously semi slicks are going to have more grip than any street orented tyre. this is only my opinion. it also depends on what you are doing with your car and the suspension setup. regarding street tyres, yokahama c-drives offer lo cost and good grip but are very progressive, brigdestone g3 have better grip but have far less progression.

I hope this has helped you in some way. most street tres can be streched, if they are pushed too far (see just half stepping) they can pop off the bead of the rim, but 205's on a 9" rim should sit nicely and not wear too badly for everyday street driving. I really couldnt coment on streching semi's.