PDA

View Full Version : Switching headunits

chaRwie
21st July 2007, 10:00 PM
Hey guys, just brought a new pioneer head unit and taking out the stock one... does anyone have the radio layout for the looms and shit?? let me know trying to set it up tomoz. Cheers guys

ke70dave
21st July 2007, 10:15 PM
hey mate I dunno specifics about looms/colours and stuff, but it's easy to find out.

do you have a multi meter? or a test light?

I can explain to you how to find your power wires and stuff, if you have a way to test if theres power to wires etc.

Julz01
21st July 2007, 10:31 PM
Ill post up the wire colors tomorrow for you, I've got my head unit out of the car but cbf going out side now to check to cold

Driftspec
21st July 2007, 10:31 PM
Re-do the interior stereo loom if you can (apart from power), especially if you are hooking up extra speakers, simply so you know what the wires actually go to. Multimeters and spare fuses are your friends though :D

Possibly try Google, or a search here. I would tell you but I left it to the professionals to do mine :)

Julz01
22nd July 2007, 04:19 PM
white and red wire is accessories aka yellow wire on head unit
blue and red is power aka red wire on unit

I've got it earthed on the metal frame

hope that helps

ke70dave
22nd July 2007, 06:39 PM
^^^^^ummm

on all pioneer units

the yellow wire = main power, not switch

red wire = power from accessories, switched from accessories

unless they've changed something very recently?

it will say in the install manual thing anyway

chaRwie
22nd July 2007, 11:28 PM
hey boys thanks, well my smart ass sparky mate figured it all out today and got it running perfect, only a couple hour sesh lol! I might need to redo the loom, so it can accomodate for more speakers as I am planning to run some 4's with the 6x9's I put in today, might amp them aswell to keep it simple. Thanks guys, H

riojin
29th September 2007, 11:33 PM
my car had dodgey....dodgey wiring done when the bloke, or the bloke before him that owned it who put an alarm in.

when wiring up my cd player i did those 2 wires the other way around (power was the red and white and accessories was the blue and red) and it works the way it should with no problems. when put the right way from the wiring diagrams, the way you said; my indicators flashed and the cd played came on and switched off in an instant.

strange :blink:

Fozz
30th September 2007, 09:55 AM
installing a head unit is easy as the red shuold be power black should be negative and the other one accessories then the rest of the cords are speaker cable this might be different for you as this is from my ae