PDA

View Full Version : luckiest basterd in the world

mike86
22nd July 2007, 10:05 PM
Got this from a mate off skylines australia, some guy brought a piece of land in Portugal, found a mysterious barn and broke into it. This is what he finds!

Link to Pics: http://www.intuh.net/barnfinds/afa70.htm

Story: http://www.sportscarmarket.com/articles/archives/1110

wow just wow :o

outcast350
22nd July 2007, 10:15 PM
Unfreakinbelievable! It would be awesome enough to find just one of those in a barn, but after that auction, he'll never have to work again.

sprinters_r_mad
22nd July 2007, 11:14 PM
there is all the money he'll ever need in his life right there :glare:

lucky lucky bastard :(

v-tec
22nd July 2007, 11:45 PM
cars stolen mid century perhaps?

long shot id say, but I find it weird that that many exotic old cars could just be 'abandoned'.

Amazing find tho, certainly luckier than any lotto winner lol

samuel
22nd July 2007, 11:46 PM
AMAZING... one lucky bastard indeed, luckiest really

Jessi
23rd July 2007, 12:49 AM
Ages ago I heard that it was a deceased estate, an old guy lived there and sealed up the shed when he started getting sick and he died and it was an empty property for like 20 years

puzzigully
23rd July 2007, 01:33 PM
this was posted a few months ago,, any new news on it?

mc68
24th July 2007, 01:54 AM
I heard they were all stolen, I mean the door were welded shut...sounds pretty sus..

Wally
24th July 2007, 09:20 AM
From Article:

The owner of the cars was a car dealer in the 1970s and 1980s, and decided to save the more interesting cars that came through his doors. When the barn was full, he padlocked and "soldered" the doors shut. (Perhaps welding was too permanent.)[/b]

He didnt steal them, he just bought them from the owners and keep them instead of selling them...

Anyways, thats a goldmine there, man, wish I was him!
Would be great to try and find out where they all came from, especially the pre-war cars... Interesting to know who owned them and everything.

He is going to have one hell of a polishing job!

hilton
27th July 2007, 12:30 AM
yeah sux to be him lol (polishing)