PDA

View Full Version : are 4a clutch kits the same as 4age kits

KuRt
24th July 2007, 08:07 AM
are 4a clutch kits the same as 4age kits? as I have a 4a but I'm going to upgrade in the non to distant future but I've got to replace my clutch I'm thinkin brass button but if it doent go in the 4age then ill get a stocker

gottago
24th July 2007, 10:47 AM
are 4a clutch kits the same as 4age kits? as I have a 4a but I'm going to upgrade in the non to distant future but I've got to replace my clutch I'm thinkin brass button but if it doent go in the 4age then ill get a stocker[/b]

clutch from 4ac is different from 4age so is the flywheel

get a clutch from a 20v motor (black top = lightened flywheel)
silver top
100kw
as I know they fit

theres gotta be a write up somewhere search

Hen is a total nutcase
24th July 2007, 10:51 AM
Bullshit.

A clutch to suit 4AGE (with 200mm flywheel) will bolt up to a 4AC flywheel. I've done it several times. Plus for the last clutch I ordered for my POS 4AC I just looked up 4AG.

The only thing to look out for is the clutch diameter. 4AC needs 200mm, some 4AGs are 212, 224 or 230.

So if you get a good clutch you can use it for your 4AG too. Just as long as you still use a 200mm flywheel.

Hen

Driftspec
24th July 2007, 11:56 AM
Bullshit.

A clutch to suit 4AGE (with 200mm flywheel) will bolt up to a 4AC flywheel. I've done it several times. Plus for the last clutch I ordered for my POS 4AC I just looked up 4AG.

The only thing to look out for is the clutch diameter. 4AC needs 200mm, some 4AGs are 212, 224 or 230.

So if you get a good clutch you can use it for your 4AG too. Just as long as you still use a 200mm flywheel.

Hen[/b]

QFT

Only difference if is you are running a GZE or a 20v, as I believe they are different. But we've put the same clutch kit in both a 4AC-powered car and a 4AGE-powered car, so I know they work fine

Hen is a total nutcase
24th July 2007, 12:12 PM
Maybe a little off topic, but to add to what driftspec said. All 8bolt 4A flywheels (that means all 4AG, be they 16V, 20V, GZE, etc) are interchangeable, so if you put in a 20V you can still fit a 200mm flywheel and use your 4AC clutch.

Hen

PS, yes I know it's rumoured that very early GEs were 6 bolt. I don't know anyone who's seen one and personally don't believe it.

rthy
24th July 2007, 12:47 PM
yeah the bigport (early) 4ages where 200mm
smallports and up where 212mm

I've got a oem 4ac clutch kit behind my 4age and havent had any problems... yet... (2years and counting).
some people would even upgrade to 212mm fly wheels cos of the extra surface area (some claim a standard 212mm it's better than a HD 200mm, anyone know if this is true?)

rthy
24th July 2007, 08:54 PM
I backup what henn says

and I think that 6 bolt 4age flywheel is in the same category as the rare batch of 4ac's that apparently had the multi rib blocks instead of 3, which I think is a load of crap

by the way what does QFT mean?

Driftspec
24th July 2007, 11:09 PM
by the way what does QFT mean?[/b]

Quoted For Truth, I quoted what he said because I know it's right, thats all :D

I'm glad someone knowledgeable put up the truth about the flywheels, you learn something new every day. Cheers guys :)