PDA

View Full Version : Car vibrations at 110km

The Enthusiast
24th July 2007, 03:40 PM
When I approach 110 km my car starts to vibrate VERY bad.

Now the rear driver disk caliper was loose but has since been ajusted

When I hold clutch in at 110 the vibration is so bad it feels like the cars about to just fall apart.

Would this be a brake adjustment or something more sinister like my lsd diff is going?

Thanks and regards

Jack

Just went for another drive

slowing down it makes the shudder more, speeding up the shudder increases but not as much as when car is slowing, after slowing down past 80, the vibration stop

Javal
24th July 2007, 04:52 PM
Tailshaft centre bearing? Or just loose tailshaft bolts?

it's vibrating, and from the sounds of your description it's roadspeed dependant, so go through and check for play in your tailshaft / diff etc.

DavisJD
24th July 2007, 05:37 PM
I use to have similar shudders from the front end, they were due to bearings. So maybe change the bearings in your diff.

kaibeecee
24th July 2007, 05:56 PM
check the ring + pinion. does the diff whine?

could be bearings, could be off center diff (bent trailing arms), anything

Jonny Rochester
24th July 2007, 07:12 PM
Yep, it sounds like tailshaft universal joints, or centre bearing. Or unbalanced tyres. Or maybe a bent rear axle.

The Enthusiast
24th July 2007, 07:49 PM
check the ring + pinion. does the diff whine?

could be bearings, could be off center diff (bent trailing arms), anything[/b]

yes the diff used to wine without the shudder when you accelerated not when you decelerated

I'm going to have a look at it all tomorrow!

edit: whats involved in fixing a bent axle it sounds mean

Jonny Rochester
24th July 2007, 08:25 PM
You get another axle. Take the brakes off and undo 4 nuts. Pull axle out.

Javal
24th July 2007, 08:28 PM
^^^^:edit: , damn, you beat me to it.

If you have an LSD or an Open diff and not a locker, then it is simple enough. If you are using the Jap disc rear end it is even easier, although I have personally never replaced an axle on one.

Remove caliper + disc

Remove 4 bolts holding axle assembly in.

Find a REALLY big hammer or Axle puller.

Start hitting or pulling, whichever.

And it should pop out.

New ones are availible through AJPS if you have the zenki (?) T series with the big axles, otherwise you should be able to source a replacement through a wrecker.

Javal.

Dillon Mac
24th July 2007, 08:57 PM
Have you had your wheel alignment checked, tyre pressure and tyre balances.. I hear stuff like that from people that don't get their wheels balanced ( Ima bob-jane dude tho lol)