PDA

View Full Version : Removing standard adm steering wheel?

riojin
25th July 2007, 06:36 PM
g'day guys. I just bought myself a momo wheel and bosskit to suit and I'm trying to remove the standard adm wheel. I've taken the cover off the part under the wheel and can't seem to see how to take the wheel itself off.

lil help?

quoccy
25th July 2007, 06:39 PM
use the search button budy
but the answer is...
take the little badge off in the middle of the sterring wheel
undo the nut
and pull it off

riojin
25th July 2007, 06:52 PM
use the search button budy
but the answer is...
take the little badge off in the middle of the sterring wheel
undo the nut
and pull it off[/b]

I did do a search. searched for "remove steering wheel" "steering wheel"

couldnt find anything.

thanks anywayz ill give it a go

egg_83
25th July 2007, 07:09 PM
It couldn't be more simple
1. remove cover so you can see the nut
2. undo the nut but not all the way only undo it a few threads
3. yank on the steering wheel(will come loose)
4. now that the wheel has come loose undo the nut all the way pull wheel off and put new one on

make sure you leave the nut on or you'll hit your self in the head when you yank on it.

Dave
25th July 2007, 07:11 PM
pop the blue badge out, undoe the nut and beat the shit out of the steeringwheel to vibrate it loose and remove it

driftism
25th July 2007, 11:55 PM
seeing as everyone likes to repeat stuff:

remove the centre badge on the wheel, undo the nut most of the way and pull lots.

hope you don't have to hear it a fifth time.....

MINIHORSE
26th July 2007, 12:04 AM
what they said, BUT

drive the car to a stop as straight as possible, there should be a little notch on the end of the splined section of the steering column this is the top, the old wheel wont budge for a bit as chances are the wheel hasnt ever been removed, when you put the new wheel on try and put it on straight as id is SO FVCKING ANNOYING repeating this activity when you don't get the wheel straight, also do the bolt really fvcking
tight as last hing you want id to be half way down a steep hill experiencing extreme torque produced by eighties toyota's ans the wheel comes off

Dave
26th July 2007, 12:26 AM
also do the bolt really fvcking
tight as last hing you want id to be half way down a steep hill experiencing extreme torque produced by eighties toyota's ans the wheel comes off

you can tell this man has driven 4ac before :)

MINIHORSE
26th July 2007, 11:02 AM
also do the bolt really fvcking

you can tell this man has driven 4ac before :)[/b]

nah bro 4K