PDA

View Full Version : Those who have always wanted a JDM SPRINTER

Matty-KE70
27th July 2007, 01:23 PM
Bit of a blatant plug for Iron Chef, the guy whos importing my car for me.

He currently has a minter trueno up for import.

http://ironchefimports.com/site/index.php?...61&Itemid=1 (http://ironchefimports.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=61&Itemid=1)

What do you guys think? relatively good price!!!

Great TOFU delivery car!!

stinger_007
27th July 2007, 02:56 PM
wow, two threads on one car...........................

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forum/index...c=17635&hl= (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forum/index.php?showtopic=17635&hl=)

253_rolla
27th July 2007, 03:50 PM
9.9k landed plus you still need to pay $800-1300 to make to ADR SPEC and than need a R.W.C(check anything it need to replace eg. Tyres,most likely to change and like the tiny little stuff..

You need all these done above if not don't even think about registering your becouse you can't yet(not that easy mate)

for the car fully on the road rego'd and stuff it would be some where around 13k....12k only if you know peolpe or has a easy joint to do your car.

9.9k landed is pertty exppensive than....Plus the car is fairly stock I rather look a JDM TURENO/LEVIN already here or a ADM one mild done up with nice rims.

Konakid
27th July 2007, 04:19 PM
JDM takes a dump on converted ADM

RWC? South Australia......Zing!

Intense
27th July 2007, 04:43 PM
Care to explain why a jdm sprinter is better than a converted adm one?

stouty
27th July 2007, 04:50 PM
You save about $5000-$10000 converting it to JDM and about 6 months to a yr of stuffing around making it JDM spec

253_rolla
27th July 2007, 05:26 PM
You save about $5000-$10000 converting it to JDM and about 6 months to a yr of stuffing around making it JDM spec[/b]

As I said find a JDM TURENO/LEVIN already here or a ADM to JDM spec = No 6 months to a yr of stuffing around making it JDM spec!!

On the other hand after buying a Imported JDM TURENO/LEVIN you would have apply for a Import approval for the from A.C.T DOTARS thats about 3 weeks wait to get a hand on the approval till than you can't ship your car as yet!....
It will all add up to about 2-3 months of wait(fairly painful I tell you)

I stated that car will be around 12-13k(it really depends where you to do the job)......On the other hand could get a nice clean JDM TURENO/LEVIN and a ADM to JDM SPEC for under 12-13k no worry's!!

Just take your time guys and look around!

Intense
27th July 2007, 05:39 PM
You save about $5000-$10000 converting it to JDM and about 6 months to a yr of stuffing around making it JDM spec[/b]

That's what I'm getting at, why waste your money making something stock jdm when you can go nuts and have a heavy modded local sprinter with parts that are far superiour to the jdm stock parts.

We all know jdm has:
Blue top 4age
Vented front and solid disk's rear
Lsd

But that doesn't matter when you can go 20v or 4agze
Bigger and better brakes + suspension from another car
And an a/m 1.5 or 2 way lsd that's nice and tight and brand new.

That trueno will most likely cost around $12,000 to get driving on the road. If you look at some of the other sprinters for sale in that price bracket and the modifications they have done to them, it kinda puts this car into perspective. I just can't justify such a huge price for a car that is near stock.

tipper86
27th July 2007, 06:14 PM
no redlines, no black interior = NO CARE

SEXY 16
27th July 2007, 06:53 PM
LOL AT THIS THREAD

DavisJD
27th July 2007, 06:54 PM
It looks like thev've spray painted the spare wheel well, with the carpet still in.

Maybe there trying to cover some rust?

Matty-KE70
27th July 2007, 07:59 PM
It looks like thev've spray painted the spare wheel well, with the carpet still in.

Maybe there trying to cover some rust?[/b]

They can't comply cars that have rust.

THerefore Kristian (Iron Chef) wouldnt waste his time trying to import this car for someone!

253_rolla
27th July 2007, 08:08 PM
They can't comply cars that have rust.[/b]

what do you really mean by can't comply cars with rust??.......don't all AE86/old cars have rust??

unit101
27th July 2007, 09:06 PM
I seriously think everyone in this club is too caught up in the "JDM is so hot /ADM is shit" kind of culture. You're all missing the fundamental point of owning an ae86- that they are a light rear wheel drive while car with good handling characteristics which makes them the most insanley fun car to drive. Jdm may have a few desirable points- Adm probably have some undesirable points- But hey- Who leaves them standard anyway.

obey wan boenny
27th July 2007, 10:03 PM
^^exactly!! JDM is for Takumi's :P

Konakid
27th July 2007, 10:38 PM
Care to explain why a jdm sprinter is better than a converted adm one?[/b]

Too many reasons

A 10k converted ADM

or

10k JDM

I'd take the JDM

A mate of mine on these forums has had both and he says the JDM is better than adm for many reasons, many small things that you don't notice until you actually own both.

Nothing wrong with ADM cars with 4ages though.

Matty-KE70
27th July 2007, 11:40 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
They can't comply cars that have rust.[/b]

what do you really mean by can't comply cars with rust??.......don't all AE86/old cars have rust??
[/b][/quote]

What I mean is that it wouldnt be able to get registered if it's laden with rust.
As it's a pre 1989 import I don't think it has to go through compluance, only minor mods would be required to make it roadworthy for aus roads.

Intense
28th July 2007, 12:09 AM
Many small things, yet you fail to mention one of them. I'm not convinced.

Honestly the only true advantage I can see is that the gt apex has power windows and power steering which is pretty cool, no sun roof either. But then again, that's only on a gt apex and the power steering kills a lot of feedback you get from the road.

I'm actually detecting a bit of elitism here from the jdm lovers.

ae86hachiroku
28th July 2007, 12:31 AM
lol couldn't care less, ae86 is ae86, if you intend to drive it the way it should be, then that is all that matters, all the jdm bling (which I do like myself) is the icing ontop of the already delicious cake.

tipper86
28th July 2007, 06:31 PM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=380164)

Maybe there trying to cover some rust?[/b]

They can't comply cars that have rust.

THerefore Kristian (Iron Chef) wouldnt waste his time trying to import this car for someone!
[/b]

You can comply cars with rust which still are pre 87, as they do not fall under RAWS which does not allow modified cars/accident repaired/rusted cars etc etc. RAWS vehicles are inspected and checked with a fine tooth comb, and rust or any repair will be picked up. However 15 year rule or pre 1987 cars are more lax about compliance, and depending how dodge/sneaky or smart you want to go around or about it. I'm sure you can get it complied and it will be good to go.

In theory you are 'not supposed to be able to comply cars which are rusted as they will require to be able to pass RWC for it to be registerable', however majority of the pre 1987 cars would have minor rust spots, unless they are garaged and do not travel on japanese salted roads.

Julz01
28th July 2007, 11:34 PM
I don't understand what all the fuss is about over a car that is at $10k, were where all you guys when sexy16 had thoughs 2 ae86 selling for $6k already in the country now thats a steal,

kaibeecee
29th July 2007, 01:11 AM
I'm confused by some peoples logic on here.

driftism
30th July 2007, 04:27 PM
RWC? South Australia......Zing![/b]

A trip to regency for the compliance inspection is considered a RWC, and you have to pay $45 for an ID check as well.

Costs for my car to be complied 2 weeks ago:
new seatbelts, (with inertia reel belts fitted to the rear) $800
new tyres, wheel alignment $330
side intrustion bars $450-600 (depending on who does it)
then you have to pay for stamp duty, rego and inspection costs.

should give people some ideas of cost

flamingheads
30th July 2007, 07:11 PM
I havent owned a JDM 86 but I'd imagine the JDM/ADM comparrison would be a bit like comparing a car that came with all the extras and the better stuff from the factory to the basic model that didnt have any extras and has just had it's engine and suspension upgraded.
In theory you're saving a fair bit of money on the ADM model and the extras really don't matter but I've owned and driven in a couple of basic model cars and the same model with all the bells and whistles and I know that there are a lot of little things that make them that much cooler and make you love them that much more.
My examples are thing like an extra speed on the wipers, a tacho, nicer interiour, aircon, better dash layout etc.
Personally I'd choose ADM cause I'm cheap but if I had the money I'd go JDM all the way.