PDA

View Full Version : 4A to W5* clutch

Sparkle86
28th July 2007, 06:23 PM
Hi guys, I've done some searching and haven't found anything about this problem. I'm using an 212mm flywheel, and was planning on using the clutch plate to suit the box and turn the OD down to fit inside the 4age pressure plate. But the clutch plate fouls around the spline on the flywheel bolts. Any ideas?

slide86
28th July 2007, 09:14 PM
basically what I'm going to do is have a custom clutch plate made. just have the w5* series input shaft splines fitted to the clutch plate.

that way the only non 4age part is the splines in the clutch plate.

Sparkle86
29th July 2007, 04:53 PM
That would make sense, how hard is it to have a custom clutch plate made up? I have found some info on people using hiace clutch plate on the 200mm flywheel. Does this setup have the same clearance issues with the flywheel bolts?

Thanks.

Hen is a total nutcase
30th July 2007, 11:40 AM
You've fitted the clutch plate the wrong way round. The splines stick out of the plate further on one side than the other. The longer side goes toward the box.

Getting a custom clutch is very easy. Talk to any DECENT clutch shop. All they need to know is 212mm diameter and the spline). I got exactly these bits in a two or three day turnaround.

Hen

dr1ft-pig
30th July 2007, 03:11 PM
I have off the shelf item it's just a exedy heavy duty, for 4a/w5* you just need to buy the supre clutch disk and 4ag pressure plate and ya set

Sparkle86
11th August 2007, 04:32 PM
Yeah cool got it all sussed now. I ended up using a GZE flywheel and clutch. Now I gotta figure out what to do with the gearbox x member. lol

RobertoX
11th August 2007, 07:56 PM
basically what I'm going to do is have a custom clutch plate made. just have the w5* series input shaft splines fitted to the clutch plate.

that way the only non 4age part is the splines in the clutch plate.[/b]

huw i have a couple on the shelf, come have a look if you like