PDA

View Full Version : 3sge conversion in ae86: ins and outs and parts needed?

ash86
28th July 2007, 11:14 PM
hey guys I have bought a 3sge gen 3 long motor that I am putting in to a ae86 I know of a few things that need doing like changing the sump and relocating the oil filter if any one could give suggestions any thing it like parts that are interchangeable from other cars and any handy hints it would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Dave
28th July 2007, 11:32 PM
umm what computer are you planning on running, a rwd conversion kit, bellhousing, check threads of people who have converted and read what they have done. I believe it's one of the hardest toyota engine swaps ( common do-able ones )

Javal
29th July 2007, 02:03 PM
hey guys I have bought a 3sge gen 3 long motor that I am putting in to a ae86 I know of a few things that need doing like changing the sump and relocating the oil filter if any one could give suggestions any thing it like parts that are interchangeable from other cars and any handy hints it would be greatly appreciated

cheers[/b]

Use the sump + oil pickup from a 2S-C, it will bolt up and suits RWD application. I believe you can also use the 2SC mounts, maybe?

I would browse through medwin46's build thread and get some ideas from there. Also, Toymods has a 3S RWD conversion guide.