PDA

View Full Version : s13's and such

darkon
29th July 2007, 02:12 PM
I own an s13 silvia and around here that doesnt pull a whole lot of respect lol it gets talked about as some yuppie ricer driven by dickheads. this kinda gets to me as my s13s a total pig stripped like crazy 16inch jdm rims and I slide it around a little more then a bit. I mean I look at someone stepping outta a VL and the first thing that pops into my mind is "knob head bogan, he's gunna lose control of that thing and write it off into a ditch... he'll probably kill his gf in the passenger seat when he does it" I mean that raceflo 86 had 17s and shit on it and rice out the yin yang and theres a couple more examples out of ae86 ricers. I saw jae86 the other night and that things immaculate it's never been slid in it's life for sure. so basically my question to you is... is the s13 REALLY that bad? just give us your thoughts and opinions

haado gei
29th July 2007, 02:37 PM
first thing that pops into my mind is "knob head bogan, he's gunna lose control of that thing and write it off into a ditch... he'll probably kill his gf in the passenger seat when he does it"[/b]
good ! one less fooli sik bimbo to go around saying "omg my boyfriend hes like the coolest he gotta vl turbo and drives chapple street every night like a pro omg I know youse all jelouse"

I saw jae86 the other night and that things immaculate it's never been slid in it's life for sure.[/b]
I know for a fact that car gets driven pretty hard ;)

ke70dave
29th July 2007, 02:44 PM
nothing wrong with s13's, all the nissans (cept the R33...aweful car that one), are great cars, sure there are to many of them but they are still great cars.

Gilly
29th July 2007, 02:51 PM
look how many hit the track

they can't be bad

Driftspec
29th July 2007, 02:59 PM
Only reason that Nissan sports cars don't always get respect (but do get paid out) is because of the sheer number of people that own one (especially R33s). Nothing really wrong with them, but because of the number of them people pick on them (tall poppy syndrome). Also, remember that the term 'rice' gets used everywhere, normally by kids that generalise and don't know any better.

Nothing wrong with the S13 IMO. Don't feel bad :)

dori_86
29th July 2007, 03:03 PM
whoops I accidentally hit yes,.. whoops :blink:

I think ill own one at some point due to the cheap-ness and availablity of parts, the only thing that makes me not want 1 is
=that I would prefer to learn in a sprinter(ie less power hopefully build skills up)
=the turbo engine maintanence (don't know a thing about tuning/fixing em)
=probly couldnt afford to keep 1 as it would probly cost me more than my sprinter to keep
=insurance also a issue
plus a sr20det is like cheapest 6-8 (dodgy) whereas for that cash, a sprinter would be pretty well set-up

<<<< if you can could a mod could you fix my vote>>>>>

Kerryx
29th July 2007, 03:25 PM
if your planning on sliding a car, realistically, if your car gets banged up as a hachi, chances are it's going to get written off for f**k all damage because you can't find replacement panels easy for it. even though my 86 was cheaper then my 32, I get my 32 sideways with way less worry then my hachi used to.
And I'm pretty sure every track day I've been to theres been hardly any hachis sliding, exception being a few regulars on here

So over people dissing other peoples car, I don't rep skylines, I don't rep nissan, Id way rather be put in a drifter catagory then anything else, I don't care who I slide with aslong as we are all sliding and having fun.

darkon
29th July 2007, 03:28 PM
yeah my apologies to jae86 I've been hearing a lot that it gets swung around a fair bit lol just looked too nice to abuse :P
and I just thought id mention that I'm runnin a ca18de no turbo lol underpowered cars are way more fun

riojin
29th July 2007, 03:29 PM
I like s13's for a cheap car. I suggested (and am still suggesting) to my brother to get one. he wants something a little more fun to drive and cheaper on fuel than his current car.

id like to have one but the ammount of money id have to spend to make it drivable for myself wouldnt be worth it. better off getting an s15. but then again the ammount of money I'm going to have to put into my ae86 I probably woulda been better off getting an mr2

(cept the R33...aweful car that one)[/b]

that is completely true UNLESS you buy one of the all wheel drive ones and put a nissan V8 in it (and maybe twin turbo the V8).

most cost effective is a GT4 for 6grand and do an engine swap for 4-6grand (for a good one).

the ATTESA-ETS system is amazing. the r33 is heavy as hell. V8s are for heavy cars. all wheel drive V8 monster for 12grand, who could say no?

fixeruperer
29th July 2007, 03:30 PM
nah they arnt and id never heard that they are, there easy as to get sideways there a really easy car to drive and you can get 280hpaw pretty easily.
so all in all there an easy thrasher.

ae71
29th July 2007, 03:34 PM
it's not the cars, it's the people who drive them, I have met good and bad people who drive them (nissans). some think that because they have a fast car they automaticly have an incresed driving skill level. some driver can really steer and some just pose or hide behind the grateness of there car (I.e. fast, easy to drive/slide etc).

having said that I am a toyota driver and I will always be one, but I intend on buying a r32 gtr, I love them. I like them for simerla resons I like toyotas, the older styeling and the rawness of them. not as refined as new cars have a sole to them :2thumbs:

fixeruperer
29th July 2007, 03:36 PM
oooo he's turning boys ...... .....get him tie him up and burn him :)

haado gei
29th July 2007, 03:53 PM
the s13 is proberly the best value for money car......ever.

yeah my apologies to jae86 I've been hearing a lot that it gets swung around a fair bit lol just looked too nice to abuse :P[/b]
lol I been with and also in that car seeing it get thrashed first hand. :P
gotta give him mad probs y0 !

HYPNTK
29th July 2007, 03:55 PM
theres nothing wrong with s13's...I believe it's just the image that is projected by the majority of the actual drivers that gave it a bad name....but then again any banana can drive any car so the same could be said about any car but in this case theres just so many of them and thats why people always pre-judge s13 drivers

flamingheads
29th July 2007, 04:02 PM
When you go out to look at the pretty cars (especially the goldcoast) and see all the skylines getting around they really get boring. The same with silvias when you go to the track. Theyre like the japanese commodore. Theres just so many wankers that buy them, drive them fast in a straight line and think they're top shit.
A guy that lives next to me races in his totally stock R33 with a bodykit and glittery paint and reckons hes cool because he beats everyone he races at the lights. A guy I used to live with that drove an auto falcon was the same. They just give everyone else a bad name.

poh_86
29th July 2007, 04:03 PM
hell yes to s13's it's a rich mans sprinter

decent amount of power to have fun in the dry

and stronger than most stuff on the sprinter

cept for ca18 vs 4ac lol

darkon
29th July 2007, 04:18 PM
hell yes to s13's it's a rich mans sprinter

decent amount of power to have fun in the dry

and stronger than most stuff on the sprinter

cept for ca18 vs 4ac lol[/b]
hahaha I was looking for a sprinter but I bought the s13 because it was actually cheaper :P

oh and congratz to flaming heads for being the first to call it a "japanese commodore" lol I was wondering how long it'd take :P

Intense
29th July 2007, 04:23 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the s13's. They're such a bland and boring looking car. And even when they've been modified, they still all look the same.
The sr20 sounds like crap as well. Makes good power and has plenty of potential but realisticly an upper limit of 240rwkw is what most people get near after going all out on the motor.
The stigma these cars have is horrible too. Because so many tossers own them they've earned a bad reputation and have cop attention as well. They aren't that quick either unless you pour a bit of money into them. The standard suspension is shit, understeer city, the interior is revolting and bland to boot. 4 stud sucks arse and most people have to go 5 stud for better brakes / rims.
A lot of people buy these cars thinking they are great for drift stock, but I've seen people slide standard ones and it's not really the ideal car. You've got to throw a fair bit of coin at them to get them handling well.

The biggest reason I look down on them is simply because you can buy an fc rx7 for the same price and have a far superior car. Better motor, Better handling, not as common and don't have the dickhead stigma attatched to them, 5 stud, better brakes, better looks (unless you compare to a 180, even then :D)

S13 is no rich mans sprinter, it's a poor mans skyline

stanzzza
29th July 2007, 05:24 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the s13's. They're such a bland and boring looking car. And even when they've been modified, they still all look the same.
The sr20 sounds like crap as well. Makes good power and has plenty of potential but realisticly an upper limit of 240rwkw is what most people get near after going all out on the motor.
The stigma these cars have is horrible too. Because so many tossers own them they've earned a bad reputation and have cop attention as well. They aren't that quick either unless you pour a bit of money into them. The standard suspension is shit, understeer city, the interior is revolting and bland to boot. 4 stud sucks arse and most people have to go 5 stud for better brakes / rims.
A lot of people buy these cars thinking they are great for drift stock, but I've seen people slide standard ones and it's not really the ideal car. You've got to throw a fair bit of coin at them to get them handling well.

The biggest reason I look down on them is simply because you can buy an fc rx7 for the same price and have a far superior car. Better motor, Better handling, not as common and don't have the dickhead stigma attatched to them, 5 stud, better brakes, better looks (unless you compare to a 180, even then :D)

S13 is no rich mans sprinter, it's a poor mans skyline[/b]

Hmmm
I can name quite a few sr20's that have std bottom ends and are pushing 240ish easly

Hai's 180 has 220rkw's on a STD bottom end, tank's has 222kw's on a STD bottom end and wayne has a about 225rkw's on again a std bottom end oh and alex k has 237kw's on a std bottom end

and there all un open bottom ends and majoriy of them are either re-maped or have power fc's so I would'nt exactly call them an all out motor with a cooler,exhust,z32 air flow meter,injectors should see you 200rkw's

whats wrong with 4 stud? I like 4 stud plenty of rims around for 4 stud and dude and any 5 stud brakes your thinking of fit 4 stud hubs

parts are plentyfull you could built a d1 spec silvia in a day from the amount of parts avalialbe there easy to slide, power is easy to make and there cheap to replace what mor do you want?

were as an FC (yes my mate ownes a off tap one) parts are hard to get, there a f***ing Rotary ffs thats just asking for trouble, aftermarkt parts are expensive and hard to come by plus there on the heavyer side of the scale

a stock corolla or a stock 2 door hatch corolla aint nothing grate there boats and there got a crappy 4ac once you drop a hole new suspension and engine in them then they start too boogey

if you bang for buck go buy a silvia theres some many of them for a reason

that said I HATE silvia's and HATE sr20's I dispise them tremendously but give respect where respect is due

riojin
29th July 2007, 05:27 PM
S13 is no rich mans sprinter, it's a poor mans skyline[/b]

so true but thats with any 200sx or silvia. my mate was going to get one because he didnt wanna have to fork out the cash for a gtr.

EMD-KE70
29th July 2007, 05:43 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the ae86s. They're such a bland and boring looking car. And even when they've been modified, they still all look the same.
The 4age sounds ok. Makes good power and has plenty of potential but realisticly an upper limit of 170rwkw is what most people get near after going all out on the motor.
The stigma these cars have is horrible too. Because so many tossers watch initial d they've earned a bad reputation and have cop attention as well. They aren't that quick either unless you pour a bit of money into them. The standard suspension is shit, understeer city, the interior is revolting and bland to boot. 4 stud sucks arse and most people have to go 5 stud for better brakes / rims.

sprinter is no rich mans ke70, it's a poor mans supra

BTW SR20 sounds awesome. One of the best motors out there.

hara_kiri
29th July 2007, 05:47 PM
I have both s13 and 86 and I find most 86 owners only like 86's etc, the people who only like 86's, your fkn wankers

sprinters_r_mad
29th July 2007, 05:55 PM
^^^ well said :2thumbs:

Clinton
29th July 2007, 06:33 PM
I think it's more so the driver that are really that bad. the s13 had sort a cult thing happening with it. aswell with the ae86. both have since lost there cultish-ness about them. as with the R33, even though it was the worst of the skylines it still carried the 'R' emblem and thats what gave it it's magic

Cj_sullivan
29th July 2007, 06:48 PM
theres nuffin wrong with s13 (nissan) drivers , I'm a nissan driver , I went from a hachi to a s14 best move I ever did parrts are easy to get cheaper can mode it to very reasonable power cheaply

look I have 184rwkw on 13psi ,
all I have is FMIC exhaust filter and Z32 AFM and it cost me bout 2-3k

now if I was going to get my old hachi to crack that amount of power I wulda had spend a shit load more to crack that power

it's the drivers that give those cars a bad name

especially all those muzza r33 drivers that going do chapel st with there flutters and shit

you can get a s13 ne nissan to slide very cheaply

bang for buck go for a nissan cheap to get sliding cheap on panel parts and only expensive parts are the actual cars ,

and I completely agree with what 131-sam said

even he hates my s14 but bang for buck it's better and he agress

poh_86
29th July 2007, 07:07 PM
A lot of people buy these cars thinking they are great for drift stock, but I've seen people slide standard ones and it's not really the ideal car. You've got to throw a fair bit of coin at them to get them handling well.[/b]

don't we need to do that with sprinters also? :lol:

FMP086
29th July 2007, 07:42 PM
my question is why do you give a shit? you obviously buy cars to get attention if your asking questions like these.

I own an s13 silvia and around here that doesnt pull a whole lot of respect[/b]

lol.

darkon
29th July 2007, 08:35 PM
blacky your a moron

Klutch
29th July 2007, 08:47 PM
blacky your a moron[/b]
He has a point.

darkon
29th July 2007, 08:57 PM
realistically I don't care. was just curious

ae71
29th July 2007, 09:04 PM
this thread is pointless... just stiring troble

puzzigully
29th July 2007, 09:14 PM
yeah whats the point in this thread? who gives a shit if wankers drive them, s13 are the best all round drift car and if your serious about drifting you shouldnt give ten fucks what everyone else thinks about what car you used as a base

darkon
29th July 2007, 09:25 PM
ok this is turning into a shit fight can a mod close this thread please?

hara_kiri
29th July 2007, 09:25 PM
the 2nd problem with ae86 owners is the na and turbo wars

I love my 86 but fark I'm embarrased to own one with such other wankers out there

slidin 86
29th July 2007, 09:46 PM
Why do people always compare an ADM 4ac sprinter against JDM cars. It should be JDM v JDM and then the silvia is a poor mans sprinter.

I like the silvia's just that the bad name the drivers have given it turned me off and the sr20 which is only ever good with a turbo on the side of it. I was thinkin of getting a silvia before the sprinter but then realised that it was like buying a holden vs or a r31 skyline (everyone one has em).

I love it when people say that their s14,s15 or R3# make more power with low cost mods just crack me up when the car that they own is double the cost of what a sprinter cost 75% of the time. :rolleyes:

ke70dave
29th July 2007, 10:15 PM
it's becoming a rarety that a thread dosent turn into a war, I think we need to change our ways

people have different reasons for buying certain cars, and paying them out isn't going to stop them (belive me, people tried when I bought a ke70:P)

riojin
29th July 2007, 10:29 PM
I love my 86 but fark I'm embarrased to own one with such other wankers out there[/b]
and it seems that most of those wankers are on these forums

it's becoming a rarety that a thread dosent turn into a war, I think we need to change our ways[/b]
a wanker inside his car is still a wanker outside his car

Driftspec
29th July 2007, 10:40 PM
it's becoming a rarety that a thread dosent turn into a war, I think we need to change our ways[/b]

It an unfortunate trend that affects a lot of Internet-based forums. In a lot of cases, the rules get tightened, keyboard warriors get told, the useful members stick around and keep doing what they were doing. Been through it many times before... it's a sad thing.

And I agree with what riojin said, it's too true.

LordNafe
29th July 2007, 11:01 PM
S13's are really good drift cars. People who bah them out have no idea. They have a good chassis, lots of parts available and sufficient power even stock. They are a good looking car if modified correctly and can be very realiable and competitive drift cars. Funny thing is most AE86 divers on here that bag out Nissans don't even drift their AE86's....
I love my JDM AE86, but in all seriousness guys.... AE86's arent' the be all and end all of cars.

Course_Out
30th July 2007, 12:12 AM
S13's are great, my mate has one and I must say it's fantastic to drive, comfortable, handles good and is pretty quick. That said I love my ae71 more. Why? Stuffed if I know.....

Fact of the matter is that no car is a decent drift car out of the box, unless your looking at something that is pretty exotic (I'm thinking bmw m3 here, but even that would be a compromise).

You own your car cos you like it - so why does it matter if a few people with the same car are wankers? If a person is even halfway mature they won't judge you on what sort of car you drive.

Intense
30th July 2007, 12:49 AM
I only stated the reason's --- I --- don't like them. They are still good cars, just not something I would want. There was a time when I wanted a s13 but then I sat down and thought about it and I just can't see myself driving or owning one. I'm also not a fan of the silvia community, as before, it's full of tossers, and the tossers always ruin it for everyone else.
My mate's s13 is an absolute animal, completely built motor pushing over 260rwkw on 19 psi. Drifts beautifully, handles like it's on rails, has all the good go fast bit's in it and the money has been spent in the right places. That said, I hate that car. It's hard to explain why but I think I've got a good way to explain it.

It's the thing when you see a car on the street and the first thought crosses your mind. Example, I see a silvia driving along, first thing I think of is usually that it's probably only a non turbo and quite stock. And then the inevitable happens, I get close enough to see if it's either a ca or sr and then see that lovely q's badge. This is just the norm, rarely you see a nice one that makes you do a double take, and it's those silvias I like which stirs up my love hate passion about them. But generally it's a hate thing :D

andro0o
30th July 2007, 02:21 AM
fark there are some fags on this site.

~s13's are awesome, so are 86's.
~people who drive 86's and say s13's are shit, don't no anything about cars, and should end their life, same for those who drive s13's and comment the same on 86s.
~and if they're gay how come we take their ca and sr motors and put them into our 86's, I don't remember seeing anyone puttting a 4age into an s13 ...go figure.

last and most important point.

~purists are loserz.

Intense
30th July 2007, 02:44 AM

~people who drive 86's and say s13's are shit, don't no anything about cars, and should end their life, same for those who drive s13's and comment the same on 86s.
~and if they're gay how come we take their ca and sr motors and put them into our 86's, I don't remember seeing anyone puttting a 4age into an s13 ...go figure.

~purists are loserz.[/b]

It's only an opinion, if it differs to your own, get over it.

andro0o
30th July 2007, 03:01 AM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=381221)

~purists are loserz.[/b]

It's only an opinion, if it differs to your own, get over it.
[/b]

it wasn't direct, but just quickly though, in my opinion your an idiot. now take your own advice.

fixeruperer
30th July 2007, 03:23 AM
not true I'm a purist I hate seeing other shit were it doesnt belong, I don't care how much power a motor makes it's belongs were it belongs. well hate is too much of a strong word for something so insignificant, I have no respect at all for it to say your a proud owner of something that isn't all that it is , is silly how proud can you be to change half of it to something that it is not.

and I have to keep that in mind that someone that knows anything about cars knows that people who drive 86's and say s13's are shit, don't no anything about cars, I meen I think your on to something or maybe just on something but thats a pretty pethetic remark.

Intense
30th July 2007, 03:24 AM
That's nice, I could go and turn this into a shit fight but honestly, I want to hear other peoples opinions about silvias. Think what you want about me, just keep it to yourself and don't derail this thread for the sake of... well I really don't see what benefit you get out of your comments.

Konakid
30th July 2007, 04:10 AM
Without a doubt one of the best chassis to come out of japan in a rwd layout, the things are value for money winners and generally a great car.

MOTOR PCOTY 01 anyone?

RobertoX
30th July 2007, 09:27 AM
I love s13/14 and 15s

especially when they can't keep up and you are driving a BHG 4ac panel van

riojin
30th July 2007, 10:29 AM
good drift cars= any old V8. outta the box they drift amazing. you just gotta think outside the box.

another good one is those fpv f6's. so much bloody torque.

the key to a good drift car is how the car is balanced. the power has to be proportional to the suspension which has to be proportional to the weight.

thats what was so good about the JDM ae86. everything was pretty well balanced from stock. people shouldnt be trying to make their ADM ae86 a JDM, they should be making their car balanced.

anything can become a good drift car. doesnt matter if it's FF, FR, MR, 4WD. if the car is tuned and balanced correctly for the sport it'll do just fine.

some people may be thinking why did he put FF in there? FF's can't hang out around corners. the answer to that is- a true drift is a 4 wheel slide, not your rear hanging out. if you think youre drifting and your rears just hanging out, youre power sliding not drifting.

Intense
30th July 2007, 11:18 AM
Nearly all drifters try and get as much angle as possible though and go for a showy drift rather than a fast drift. I guess what you mean by balance is how easy the car is to control when it's at the limits yeah? I don't quite get what you mean by 4 wheel sliding because the moment you counter steer, it's only the rear wheels. Unless you're going so fast that you understeer while drifting which usually throws you off your line.

What's so great about the s13 chassis? Again, comparing it to an fc, it's not as good. A front heavy weight distribution makes them understeer prone.
Sorry to all the s13 lovers out there, but I'm a rotor boy at heart so I'll always back the fc, and since it's in the same price bracket as a silvia, to me, it's the more logical choice.

SfS
30th July 2007, 12:19 PM
Drifting is drifting... It just what vehicle you choose to do it in, so why hate?

Personally I like S13's, but I'm'a Toyota boy at heart, I still respect people that drive S13s and can ACTUALLY drift them properly and I'm sure theres a few of them that if they saw some of the 86's being drifting properly would give them props too.

haado gei
30th July 2007, 12:34 PM
I can't think of a car that beats s13 for value for money. s13 has a very high potential.
but japan is now focusing more on the s14 as it is newer and more appealing as a demo car, whilst still affordable as a "sunday car" for entry level motorsport enthusiasts.

Intense
30th July 2007, 12:50 PM
The japanese just go for the best budget drift car they can get. Used to be s13's and 180sx's but now the s14 has dropped to stupidly low prices and it's a much better car. S13's are great value for money, honestly I can't think of a car that has a good motor, lsd, tons of available parts for a price like that. But that said, I still don't like them. I respect them but would never own one.

MINIHORSE
30th July 2007, 02:05 PM
the only thing that stops me from buying an s13 is the fact you wil NEVER be an individual with one, I swear on adelaide roads alone there must be at least 500 s13's

when properly modified these theings are real EG theres one dude in adel black on it's arse, bolt on arches, 15in meshies with low ofset, the ONLY s13 I've ever seen that actually looks different, also happens to be the only kid out at mallala that can skid turn one WITHOUT the handbrake and still peel for real

seek
30th July 2007, 02:38 PM
to be honest, the reason I don't own one is because people still want around the $10,000 mark for a turbo example. god damn, even so, the CA18's are only marginally cheaper.

I like the cars, but generally speaking half of the people driving them on the street (the uleh ones) are c**ts.

darkon
30th July 2007, 03:13 PM
the only thing that stops me from buying an s13 is the fact you wil NEVER be an individual with one, I swear on adelaide roads alone there must be at least 500 s13's

when properly modified these theings are real EG theres one dude in adel black on it's arse, bolt on arches, 15in meshies with low ofset, the ONLY s13 I've ever seen that actually looks different, also happens to be the only kid out at mallala that can skid turn one WITHOUT the handbrake and still peel for real[/b]

uv just described my car cept mines grey not black and has 16s... I was going for individuality too... so much for that :blink:

ae86hachiroku
30th July 2007, 03:22 PM
I love oldschool look on the s13's.. like bolt on flares instead of the whole replacement fender people usually go for. then some crazy deep mesh rims are sweet

choonga
30th July 2007, 04:23 PM
S13's are sick, when modded right, which most arent, to many wankers drive them, and pull there image down.
AE86's are getting just as common these days anyways, with the hektikc toegheyers, lot more round the hills then S13's, maybe for a reason?

For a nice clean car, thats newish, with a nice interior, comfy to drive and quick from standard that has loads of parts avalible, S13's are a good option. (altough I prefer the 180sx shell. TYPE-X FTW!)

Touge205 Posted Today, 01:05 PM
the only thing that stops me from buying an s13 is the fact you wil NEVER be an individual with one, I swear on adelaide roads alone there must be at least 500 s13's[/b]

Personally I think it would harder trying to be an idividual with an AE86 then S13, because like you said, wack on some dished max offset 15's, and slam it with a lip with some bolt ons and red paint, and you have a fairly individual S13, more individual than an AE86 with simular mods anyways :P but then a BN kit with 18"s wouldnt be pretty original on a 86, done to death on an S13 though...
Most S13 enthusiuts (I failed engrish dats umposible) mod them gayly or not at all, AE86 owners seem to have more of a passion for there cars, car culture and the jap way which is why they seem cooler. but I would still prefer a nicly tuned Type X 180

:wub:

dr1ft-pig
31st July 2007, 12:32 AM
I don't mind s13's I was going to buy one befre my sprinter, they are almost as light as an 86 but have power steering, thats one thing I don't like not a bad looking car but not a good looking car unless modified right, I hate bdykits on s13s they look ass apart from the brown 1 that was 4 sale on here

id much rather own an 86, being in my eyes a better looking car, better to drive in my opinin as I hate light light steering I like a lot of feel to it

and last of all, I bag all nissan driver puerly because of the nissan vs toyota just like ford vs holden, they are all good cars but you favour the other just because you own 1, most people will get what I mean, other people will say I'm immature

my 2c

ae86hachiroku
31st July 2007, 01:12 AM
they are almost as light as an 86[/b]

you gotta be joking .....

Joel-AE86
31st July 2007, 01:51 AM
S13's with 15x9 neg offset wheels, suuuper low with flared guards and a styled kit = win.

awang
31st July 2007, 02:24 AM
I used to own one before, I have to say I like it, the only reason I sold it because the offer is so good that I cannot refuse, funny thing is, now I get great offer for my ae86, but never cross my mind to sell it, would like to have another s13 if money not a problems

Konakid
31st July 2007, 02:29 AM
good drift cars= any old V8. outta the box they drift amazing. you just gotta think outside the box.

another good one is those fpv f6's. so much bloody torque.

the key to a good drift car is how the car is balanced. the power has to be proportional to the suspension which has to be proportional to the weight.

thats what was so good about the JDM ae86. everything was pretty well balanced from stock. people shouldnt be trying to make their ADM ae86 a JDM, they should be making their car balanced.

anything can become a good drift car. doesnt matter if it's FF, FR, MR, 4WD. if the car is tuned and balanced correctly for the sport it'll do just fine.

some people may be thinking why did he put FF in there? FF's can't hang out around corners. the answer to that is- a true drift is a 4 wheel slide, not your rear hanging out. if you think youre drifting and your rears just hanging out, youre power sliding not drifting.[/b]

You have no idea what you are talking about. Be quiet now.

What's so great about the s13 chassis? Again, comparing it to an fc, it's not as good. A front heavy weight distribution makes them understeer prone.
Sorry to all the s13 lovers out there, but I'm a rotor boy at heart so I'll always back the fc, and since it's in the same price bracket as a silvia, to me, it's the more logical choice.[/b]

S13's understeer from the factory, AND? what cars don't? The chassis is pretty much built for drift and is much more developed and proven than the FC. Why are you talking about FC's anyway? :lol:

More logical choice, yeah, until you spent what the silvia would have cost on an engine rebuild months after buying it.....not to mention the fuel and more expensive dwipt parts. But if you got the cash, FC's are f***ing cool cars and given the funds I'd skid one for sure.

riojin
31st July 2007, 11:02 AM
You have no idea what you are talking about. Be quiet now.[/b]

well youre obviously a powerslider if youre saying that.

have you ever watched the WRC? have you ever seen a 4WD or a FF drift there? I bet your ass they do it everyday.

you are obviously a close minded person, either that or very ignorant. there are cars appart from FR's, and in different ways you can get them all to slide.

DRFTPG
31st July 2007, 12:54 PM
I think the s13 is a great car all round but it's just the people you are associated with when you drive one, but in saying that 86's are starting to get the same rep. I think this top gear quote sums it up. "you don't buy a car or have a favorite because it's practical or looks the best or goes the fastest.. you buy it because you love it" most of us on here love our hatchis so we will allways be bias towards them, but jump on to NS and they will say that the s13 is the greatest car ever made and hatchis are unreliable peices of sh*t and then go onto boostcruising and they will say that their commodore drifts awesome when we all know that 99.9% of commodore drivers don't even know what a proper drift is.
So really this thread doesnt have an answer, it was doomed to be a bitch fight from the start.

Intense
31st July 2007, 01:04 PM
well wrc is on gravel. The type of drifting most of us are familiar with occurs on a race track where the grip levels are far far higher.
Have you hit the track and gone for a drift day riojin?

Fc's aren't that expensive honestly. Initial layout for the car is the same as a silvia, the motors are actually quiet tough and you'd get a car that's been rebuilt anyway. Parts brand new are no more or less expensive than they are for a silvia. Both my fc and my first gen rx7 were neutral from the factory, probably the best feature of the car. If you gas it and turn in with all the weight on the back you will get understeer. But if you have enough power it will kick out. If you turn in with all the weight on the front from braking, oversteer. I learnt a lot about how to drive a car because of this and learnt the importance of being able to shift the weight so you can make the car do what you want it to do.

Not having a go at all s13 owners here but I'd wager a fair few would be royally screwed without their handbrakes because they are so dependant on them. You see it all the time at practice days. The driver comes charging up to the corner and rips up the handbrake in a straight line then at the last minute they turn in and kick the arse out. Some times they wash off too much speed from arse dragging that they don't even make it to the apex of the corner. But if that's how they want to drift, all the best to them.

riojin
31st July 2007, 02:25 PM
well wrc is on gravel. The type of drifting most of us are familiar with occurs on a race track where the grip levels are far far higher.[/b]

thats why drifting a 4WD or a FF on a track/road is harder. I only said it was possible. I didnt say that they were equally good at holding angles or anything like that. the type of drifting most you you are familiar with is for fun, not for performance. I've said before I only see drifting as something to be used when necessary.

I go to the track yes, but I don't participate in events. I go to help my mates with their race cars which they use in intermediate racing curcits and ammature hill climbs. current cars used are a holden VS and VY, skyline r32 gtr, pulsar gtir, my06 WRX.

not that anyone really cares
a way to drift on tar for a 4WD you must steer to the opposite direction of the corner whilst braking (you must brake after turning not before) then quickly steer into the corner whilst removing the brake and using full acceleration.

a way to drift a on tar for a FF you must steer to the opposite direction of the corner and brake with your left foot then quickly turn into the corner and hit the accelerator with your right foot whilst still braking with your left.

I'm over the bitch fight aswell. think what you want kids

Intense
31st July 2007, 02:41 PM
What merits are there to sliding a 4wd or fwd on a track other than grin factor. If you have the grip, you don't need to slide the car at all, just take a traditional racing line and make the most of your 4wd post apex... and what has this got to do with s13's lol.

No one is debating that you can't slide cars with other drive train setups. But the drifting that most of us are familiar with is oversteer that is maintained with power and initiated by upsetting the rear end through means of clutch kicking, handbrake, scandinavian flick, comp lock, etc.

riojin
31st July 2007, 02:55 PM
my mate drifts his gtr when hes got 2 or so laps to go and doesnt wanna lose his position by taking a pitstop. when youre doing a circuit you usually change your tyres because they lose pressure, not because they are out of tread. lack of tyre pressure=loss of grip. it is most common on the front tyres which causes understeer and can cause what is called "snap understeer" when you can't feel it coming. when you snap understeer you have to drift or youll come off the track. so he drifts around most corners so he doesnt get the rush and panic of a snap understeer.

this has nothing to do with s13's and again I'm sick of the shitfight

Intense
31st July 2007, 03:21 PM
It's not a shit fight, it's a civilized discussion. I'm not seeing anyone name calling or insulting or any crap like that

Klutch
31st July 2007, 03:56 PM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=381857)
well wrc is on gravel. The type of drifting most of us are familiar with occurs on a race track where the grip levels are far far higher.[/b]
a way to drift a on tar for a FF you must steer to the opposite direction of the corner and brake with your left foot then quickly turn into the corner and hit the accelerator with your right foot whilst still braking with your left.
[/b]
Uh....wouldn't that cause under-steer?

riojin
31st July 2007, 04:14 PM
it can. depends on how much you brake

letsgohunting
31st July 2007, 05:04 PM
I like s13s. I drive a c33 laurel currently which uses a floorpan that is a mix of r32/s13. A turbo s13 with a decent suspension setup (comprising of softer front springs than the usual 8kg/6kg combo - something more like 6kg/6kg, using a large rear swaybar and a small/medium front one Plus adj caster arms front to combat some geometry imperfections - that sort of thing), will trump most cars around corners. Plus they looks freaking awesome with the right wheels and kit. Think fat 16s or 15s plus one of those supermade (I think) kits that are virtually the opposite of all the gay uras ones around.

The problem with s13s around here is that they are either too showy with their chromes and flames paint jobs, or use MASSIVE drift kits with 17x6 +94 offset wheels that make them look like a rolling shoebox. That look is seriously AIDS.

Not to mention the sr20det is one hell of a good motor - sure it sounds like a tractor but they are strong and very sensitive to light mods.

Think this one with smaller diameter rims of the same width
http://www.cannonball-r.com/images/sms13-earo.jpg

Javal
31st July 2007, 06:13 PM
I like s13s. I drive a c33 laurel currently which uses a floorpan that is a mix of r32/s13. A turbo s13 with a decent suspension setup (comprising of softer front springs than the usual 8kg/6kg combo - something more like 6kg/6kg, using a large rear swaybar and a small/medium front one Plus adj caster arms front to combat some geometry imperfections - that sort of thing), will trump most cars around corners. Plus they looks freaking awesome with the right wheels and kit. Think fat 16s or 15s plus one of those supermade (I think) kits that are virtually the opposite of all the gay uras ones around.

The problem with s13s around here is that they are either too showy with their chromes and flames paint jobs, or use MASSIVE drift kits with 17x6 +94 offset wheels that make them look like a rolling shoebox. That look is seriously AIDS.

Not to mention the sr20det is one hell of a good motor - sure it sounds like a tractor but they are strong and very sensitive to light mods.[/b]

^^Now that is some good input.

Personally I don't mind S13's, just that there are too many bad examples owned by too many wannabes rolling around.

fixeruperer
31st July 2007, 09:35 PM
I see what you's are saying but all I can hear is meemimeemi mimimi meeimimimi booh hoo boo hoo wah wah wah.

andro0o
1st August 2007, 02:05 AM
sure it sounds like a tractor[/b]

it's only cause people don't tune their cars.

chapl
1st August 2007, 02:14 PM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=381769)

have you ever watched the WRC? have you ever seen a 4WD or a FF drift there? I bet your ass they do it everyday.

you are obviously a close minded person, either that or very ignorant. there are cars appart from FR's, and in different ways you can get them all to slide.
[/b]

no mate really, you have very little to no idea.
what cars in drift australia/super drift/G1/winton etc etc do you see that have front wheel/4wd??????
we are talking about 'drifting'.. not rally or trying to slide wak ff cars.

actually the topic was s13's
and yes they are a good car to slide.. I want one one day

Joel-AE86
1st August 2007, 02:54 PM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=381826)

[/b]

no mate really, you have very little to no idea.
what cars in drift australia/super drift/G1/winton etc etc do you see that have front wheel/4wd??????
we are talking about 'drifting'.. not rally or trying to slide wak ff cars.

actually the topic was s13's
and yes they are a good car to slide.. I want one one day
[/b]

+1

I think rojin's understanding of 'drift' is simply 'sliding'. ANY car can do that, but no FF or FWD car can link 20 corners in a row at speed etc. etc.

samuel
1st August 2007, 04:30 PM
Moved to offtopic

Nissan topic... blah :P

We used to have a call while we were cruising... Over the UHF we would get "S13Down" and would all have to pull over and wait till the Nissan owner applied enough race tape or zip ties to get the fucker moving again...

memories

dr1ft-pig
1st August 2007, 04:38 PM
^^lol

Driftspec
2nd August 2007, 12:28 AM
Moved to offtopic

Nissan topic... blah :P

We used to have a call while we were cruising... Over the UHF we would get "S13Down" and would all have to pull over and wait till the Nissan owner applied enough race tape or zip ties to get the fucker moving again...

memories[/b]

Lol

We know of your 'love' for Nissans Nick... thats an awesome call to hear over the radio :D

I was surprised this thread has lasted so long, good to see it moved to the right area...

I have said my opinion. That is all.

us_ae86
2nd August 2007, 12:30 AM
I voted NO. They can actually be pretty damn NICE!!

deleta
2nd August 2007, 08:34 AM
I voted no cause i have 1 lol

poh_86
2nd August 2007, 01:21 PM
man in sydney pulsar sss n14's are the scums of hoons and chromes

you guys havent seen fucked up till you've seen city life in sydney

Konakid
8th August 2007, 07:13 PM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=381769)

[/b]

Ohh dude totally, with 58kw I just come into corners in fourth and just plant it, works everytime....teh massiv smokeshowz

Driftspec
9th August 2007, 11:37 PM
Ohh dude totally, with 58kw I just come into corners in fourth and just plant it, works everytime....teh massiv smokeshowz[/b]

Yeah, fully sik 4AC styles FTW...

hilton
10th August 2007, 12:09 AM
i love onevia's

and onevia's are pretty much s13's

so i voted no

:)

GHETTOKE70
23rd August 2007, 12:00 PM
Ohh dude totally, with 58kw I just come into corners in fourth and just plant it, works everytime....teh massiv smokeshowz[/b]

OMG bro fully hetick, s13 are cool when they arnt made for show,theres one in our carpark at school it ca18de with the fully sick body kit and mags with a carbon fibre bonnet and lowered looks like shit and the dude who drives it drives like a old man, so no props to him and if you didnt want it to be so common get an s12 hehe. also its not the car its the driver, my old man used to rally a mini back in the day get him a astra in the wet and he's nuts good old handbrake, hes also nearly 60 and im pretty sure he could give some s13 on and winedy roads in a shit box a big run for there money

Klutch
23rd August 2007, 12:25 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE

OMG bro fully hetick, s13 are cool when they arnt made for show,theres one in our carpark at school it ca18de with the fully sick body kit and mags with a carbon fibre bonnet and lowered looks like shit and the dude who drives it drives like a old man, so no props to him and if you didnt want it to be so common get an s12 hehe. also its not the car its the driver, my old man used to rally a mini back in the day get him a astra in the wet and he's nuts good old handbrake, hes also nearly 60 and im pretty sure he could give some s13 on and winedy roads in a shit box a big run for there money
[/b][/quote]
....what?

Gilly
23rd August 2007, 02:50 PM
S13's WORK

i will probably keep the KE for a bit then switch to an SR S13

sorry

MountainRunner
23rd August 2007, 03:22 PM
why sorry man ? ur just upgrading to more defects and Cop hassles :P

Gilly
23rd August 2007, 10:04 PM