PDA

View Full Version : ITB or CAMS??

253_rolla
30th July 2007, 09:30 PM
As topic!! I got a small port 4age yeah I really want to mod it in some way but only have around 3k.

so if you were me which way will you choose? just state which one is better and why thats!!

nebuchernezzer
30th July 2007, 09:33 PM
As topic!! I got a small port 4age yeah I really want to mod it in some way but only have around 3k.

so if you were me which way will you choose? just state which one is better and why thats!![/b]

$3k and you could get a lot more then just one thing done.
Any existing mods?

Jonny Rochester
30th July 2007, 09:35 PM
Get cams first. Also get adjustable cam gears. And you must also do this... get the valves shimmed right and cams dialed in by someone that knows what their doing.

This will imediately change the motor. And will need remap/jets to make it work.

The AE86 GroupAs had to use standard intake manifold and airbox. They did ok, big cams.

253_rolla
30th July 2007, 09:52 PM
for the engine it extractors and catback exhaust and rest look pertty stock.

Yeah 3k is not that much as you think eg.Aftermarket ECU 1K already. so 3K should be rite which ever way I go I want to do it rite the 1st time round.

Yeah the Cams department sound pertty good.

Are these a good deal??

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b78147432

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b74664329

Thanx Jonny for your input.....really helpful

LordNafe
30th July 2007, 10:15 PM
Get the cams first, then an ecu and then money permitting the individual throttles.
You can get over 200hp using the stock throttle/plennum

tristybomb
30th July 2007, 11:10 PM
Get the cams first, then an ecu and then money permitting the individual throttles.
You can get over 200hp using the stock throttle/plennum[/b]

hummmmmm..............200hp with a crazy mofo hi comp engine........ that would cost a fortune......

if it were me id go cams cam gear's as has been mentioned and if uve got the time and means to keep a set of carbs running spot on id consider that to...........

roadsailing
30th July 2007, 11:18 PM
if you want power, I'd turbo it, would do that easy for 3 grand

if thats not an option, cams