thanks

Javal
31st July 2007, 04:01 AM
Rebuild / New gearbox.

She's shagged mate.

New shifter bush might help.

tristybomb
31st July 2007, 08:30 AM
How much will it cost for parts to re condition a t50?????? and where can we get the parts.....

hilton
31st July 2007, 08:58 AM
it's effed

deleta
31st July 2007, 09:01 AM
so one said it was around 600$ to rebuild a box, not shure if they were right tho. so id say just buy another..... thats what I did when mine poped out of 2nd

hilton
31st July 2007, 09:12 AM
yeah, now that was fucked :unsure: ^

AE86represent
31st July 2007, 11:55 AM
CBC, SKF, or any reputable bearing supplier should be able to supply you with a set of replacement bearings. Just pull the thing apart and get the numbers off the original bearings. How much really depends on who you know ;) But betwine $300-500 would be a rough guess. Thats if all the gears and syncro's are in good nick. You can write off 1st/2nd syncro, if it's popping out. And I see no point doing a rebuild on the bloody thing, if you are not going to do, at the very minimum, a full set of syncro's.

I personally have never rebuilt a T50, but have had a lot of experience with nissan and subaru boxes. Nissan stuff is a piece of piss, subaru, not so easy :( Correct me if I'm wrong but the T50's are a sandwitch plate construction, similar to the boxes that come behind the RB25DET's and the SR20DET's. If this is the case, then they should be very simple to rebuild. But don't quote me, I've not looked under my AE86 in about 6 months.

Make sure you have a repair manual that specifies the correct clearences, preloads ect. If it isn't done properly you might as well flush the cost of the new bearings and syncro's down the toilet.

dustyae86
31st July 2007, 12:14 PM
t-50 are a split box so piece of piss sounds like 2nd gear synchro is knkackerd, but also think you could check the synchro hub too the springs in it and stuff