View Full Version : welders flash

dr1ft-pig
2nd August 2007, 01:53 AM
stoopid topic but oh well

i got welders flash anyone had any experiences of welders flash

im a silly boy lets just say that

Klutch
2nd August 2007, 02:04 AM
http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/b...lash_burns?open (http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Eye_injuries_flash_burns?open)

deleta
2nd August 2007, 08:32 AM
i have had it 2 and thats just say it extremely gay.

one of my mates, was wearing contacts and he was welding, without a helmate, and boom he got welders flash, but his contacts fuzzed to his eyeballs..
since then he has had lots of segury and now has 20 20 vision. lol lucky but unlucky

samuel
2nd August 2007, 08:59 AM
Buy a welding helmet

Wear overalls

Nuff said

Gilly
2nd August 2007, 10:01 AM
i've had it

feels like your eyes have been attacked with a wire brush

then filled with sand

worst few days ever

mc68
2nd August 2007, 10:18 AM
i get it all the time! its the main reason i wear glasses now...
and gilly, try getting wire from a wire wheel brush/wheel in your eye, this causes a stupid amount of pain :\

86xxx
2nd August 2007, 10:32 AM
Yeah, really not fun. Really....

Another bad one is getting a spark in the eye, as the eye heals faster than any other part of the body it forms a layer over it, resulting in having to be clamped to a hospital bed, with a clamp holding your eye open as they grind away at your eye to get the spark out!!!

samuel
2nd August 2007, 11:19 AM
Try a chunk of rust in your eye from undoing an exhaust flange...

Then having them scrape your eye with a syringe

And then using that orange dye and a black light to make sure they got it all

Then rocking an eye patch for a few days :P

and gilly, try getting wire from a wire wheel brush/wheel in your eye, this causes a stupid amount of pain :\[/b]

MINIHORSE
2nd August 2007, 12:28 PM
whatever you do go to an OPTOMETERIST straight away whenever you get any foreign bodies in your eye, as a GP will seriously fuck it up by trying to fix it, optoms know what we are doing

mike86
2nd August 2007, 04:41 PM
Try a chunk of rust in your eye from undoing an exhaust flange...

Then having them scrape your eye with a syringe

And then using that orange dye and a black light to make sure they got it all

Then rocking an eye patch for a few days :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=382964)
and gilly, try getting wire from a wire wheel brush/wheel in your eye, this causes a stupid amount of pain :\[/b]
[/b]

yea had the shard of steal in the eye farkin painfull and a serious case of welders flash went to the hospital for both i got eye drops for the flash was like a cooling stuff was pretty rad!

dr1ft-pig
2nd August 2007, 05:38 PM
how long does the shit take to heal usually??? a day? a week? 3 days??? it fucking hurts hey

tristybomb
2nd August 2007, 06:21 PM
how long does the shit take to heal usually??? a day? a week? 3 days??? it fucking hurts hey[/b]

depends how bad u get it dude sometimes ull wake up the next night nearly blind stumbling around the house looking for the sink in the bathroom......

not fun.. :unsure:

Dan_AE86
2nd August 2007, 06:38 PM
yeh how long have you actually had it?
depends on how bad u got it and whether you are using eye drops, when i had mine i got sum sik eyedrops off 1 of the boilermakers at work, worked wonders....sorta!haha.

dr1ft-pig
2nd August 2007, 07:20 PM
i got it yesterday, started really affecting me last night and seems to be getten a lil better today, i look stoned off my hole but hahaha and im using eye drops, they seem to be doing the trick

meadan
2nd August 2007, 08:08 PM
luckily i havent gotten flashed yet.
but i burned my neck when welding some gal overhead the other day, the metal then rolled down my shirt and burned my stomach and through my singlet and shirt aswell.
it doesnt hurt now, but black burned skin on the neck looks gross :P

mc68
2nd August 2007, 08:37 PM
just rest your eyes for a few days...dont focus lots

yeah i found out the hard way how fast an eye heals up. i got a peice of wire init on a sat morning (past the safety glasses) was like, well that hurt, but i only got normal glasses that day, and they said my eyes will take a while to adjust, so i just thought the pain was normal. I rubbed it (never rub it)..and went on my way...wasnt until monday afternoon I was in a world of hurt, had to drive to the local gp (my eye was watering excessively right now, and was like a redheads matchbox)

so the gp said, how long has this been in there?, i said i dont know, maybe 1 or 2 days...so he put that eye opener thing from clockwork orange...and said this may hurt alot, and had to dig the shit out of my eye...u could actually feel and hear the needle scrape against the bit of metal. I was so very close to loosing sight in that eye, as it went so deep, but wasnt near the pupil...it hurt for days!

he gave me anesthetic in a eye dropper and i went back to work afterwards :P

Wally
2nd August 2007, 09:25 PM
I had the whole needle in the eye when I had a piece of metal in my eye...

fkn sucked balls/

hilton
2nd August 2007, 10:01 PM
i had it a couple of times, not verry seriousely tho, few eye drops and its sweet. had it fuckgin bad once tho

was moving the welder when it was still turned on (stick) and the stick fell down onto the earth clamp and boom it arked away , i stupidly stared at it fo ra good 4 seconds tryna get em apart.

spent that night in pain, woke up at 3 30 in the morn, woke dad up n we went to emergency room, they did some magic shit an dumm tested with this die shit and put weird things in my eyes and what not,

sent me hoem at 5 in the morn an dhad to wear 2 eye patches for the next day and night,

sucked somethign cronic, couldnt shut or open my eyes.

definately not planing to ever get it that bad again :rolleyes:

hilton
3rd August 2007, 12:45 AM
i look stoned off my hole[/b]
shit man you dont know how many people asked me that the week after i had it bad

MINIHORSE
3rd August 2007, 03:09 AM
how long does the shit take to heal usually??? a day? a week? 3 days??? it fucking hurts hey[/b]

the eyes front surface regenerates every 8 hours, if you dont get in quick it will get worse and worse

reuben
3rd August 2007, 10:26 AM
Ive had it and it sucks. i got it from a rerflection off a tin shead door, but it still hurt. :angry2:

dr1ft-pig
3rd August 2007, 12:58 PM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=383192)
i look stoned off my hole[/b]
shit man you dont know how many people asked me that the week after i had it bad
[/b]

yeah went to buy a pack of smokes last night and i could see in the guys eyes he was thinkin..."whoa i think that dudes had enough to smoke " haha

lo_rolla
8th August 2007, 10:21 PM
I haven't been flashed too badly cos I suck at welding, which to me is a damn good reason not to do something.

but I have burnt my hand with an Oxy, that shit was fucking painful.

roadsailing
9th August 2007, 01:11 AM
i dont know whats funnier, watching someone weld with oxy goggles or watching someone weld squinteyed.

hope you get over it, and have learned a valuable lesson

embrace
9th August 2007, 02:04 PM
i was a welder for 4 yrs full time and sum how managed to neva get it but i heard its bad

r3zzz4
9th August 2007, 06:06 PM
Haven't had welders flash bad (yet), but have dragged a no. 16 Oxy tip going full boar across my fingers (forgot they were there) from about 3 cm away.
The sizzling made me notice it, could feel it at all till about 30 seconds later.
Id rather that then welders flash tho.

dr1ft-pig
10th August 2007, 12:27 AM
i was a welder for 4 yrs full time and sum how managed to neva get it but i heard its bad[/b]

ur a lucky man haha :lol:

hilton
10th August 2007, 12:41 AM
i hate it when something dosent hurt until you see it,

i stupidly tripped over a jack one day (had the bar still in it, pointing up) an dyeh fell over and lol'd at it, then about half hour later noticed there was shitloads of blood pissingoutof my leg, and that i ripped the fuck out of my chin, thats when it started to hurt. wish i never saw it lol.