PDA

View Full Version : 4agze setup on n/a 4age

Andor
3rd August 2007, 07:12 PM
I can get the complete supercharger setup from an AFM 4agze (owner went turbo) and I want to fit it to my redtop bigport 4age. If I fit a 2mm headgasket, how much should this bring the compression down? And what standard ecu can I use? since I am currently running dizzy and map sensor. I want to keep this conversion as simple and as cheap as possible. Thanks.

haado gei
3rd August 2007, 09:44 PM
interesting. i have thought of this before. i am keen to hear peoples views.
*sits waiting* :P

dr1ft-pig
3rd August 2007, 10:15 PM
would be way better off using the supercharger itself, and using stock bigport ecu (as its map sensor) use stock throttle body etc instead of putting gze t/b infront of the charger, and just using stock h/g aswell, itll last ages with stock compression those blowers only run around 7psi so it shouldnt harm it

yoshimitsu9
4th August 2007, 10:58 AM
^^^^ then itll go into that limp mode or wat ever and get <250km to a tank.

i want to do this conversion as well. ud be better off just spending the $400 odd on a apexi AFC pro so u can play around with the fuel maps

haado gei
4th August 2007, 11:08 AM
i want to do this on my smallport oneday. 0.5 headgasket wouldnt be good so would have to get a stock one lol

AE86GT_NZ
4th August 2007, 03:28 PM
I'm also keen on doing this setup, basically just bolt on plumb up and it'll work?

Is it advisable to run intercooler?

Andor
4th August 2007, 04:21 PM
It runs an intercooler standard and now you'll have a higher comp ratio so I wouldnt run it without one. I'm now leaning towards going straight to turbo. I think it should cost about the same anyway, just run low boost till I can build a nice turbo bottom end.

JDMJNKY
4th August 2007, 05:03 PM
the map sensors on a 4age are only for vacum they will not work with positive manifold pressure. ud have to get the full stock gze ecu! it would go crazy hard for ten minutes till it melted the cast crap pistons!!!

Hen is a total nutcase
4th August 2007, 05:27 PM
I think there are too many problems with this to make it an easy conversion.

First if you keep everything stock and bolt on the SC gear then you may run into issues with the MAP sensor. The ECU isn't mapped for boost, so what happens once you start seeing any is anyone's guess. It may work ok, but it may massively lean out too. One solution could be to run a MAP sensor from a forced induction engine and play with fuel pressure or SAFC or some sensor bender like that to make it work. Essentially it all seems a bit much hassle for the results to me.

If you choose to run the 4AGZE ECU then lots of stuff on the motor will have to change. You'll need to run coil packs, the bigger injectors, knock sensor etc etc etc. All of which seems to add up to a fair bit of hassle.

So I don't think it'll work simply unless you get a full ZE (probably not cheap) or go aftermarket management (also not cheap). With an aftermarket computer you should have no hassles bolting the SC gear on and getting it running. The only issue is the lifespan of the stock, cast pistons.

Hen

PS, firstly fix that hunting idle :)

Andor
4th August 2007, 05:45 PM
Haha. Thanks mate for the advice btw, i'll look at fixing the idle first chance I get. Yeh I was begining to realise it was probably more trouble than its worth. Maybe some cams and a 4.3 will keep me going.

JDMJNKY
4th August 2007, 06:09 PM
and theres no easy way around the pistons unless u have a 7 rib ge. the big end and gudgeon pin are different sizes between 3 rib and 7 rib ges.

Sparkle86
6th August 2007, 08:24 AM
Have a look on club4ag.com there are a few guys running setups using the standard na ecu in turbo applications. They use GZE injectors and 4EFTE map sensors. They claim this achieves good A/F ratios and good power. I am actually going to try this on a car that Im currently working on, get it dynoed ans see the results for myself.