PDA

View Full Version : EFI tank's that suit AE86 body

Brenton 86
13th August 2007, 05:33 PM
Hello,
Just wondering if anyone has found a late model car that has an EFI fuel tank that will fit in an 86.

Gilly
13th August 2007, 05:54 PM
Hello,

JDM AE86 :lol:

thats all i know

Marky Mark should be able to hook you up with one

Shaun
13th August 2007, 05:57 PM
Street car or race car?

I just set up a whole fuel cell and surge tank jobbie, on the race car it wasn't too hard.

Brenton 86
14th August 2007, 01:41 PM
Anyone got anything else? i really dont wanna have to cut out my spare wheel well :(

I pretty sure the freight company wont bring them from japan.

Sparkle86
15th August 2007, 08:20 AM
I am told a Corona ST141 will fit, but I have not got around to checking yet.

biggo
17th August 2007, 04:10 PM
word on the grapevine was that ma61 intank efi and braket pumps fit 86 collars

mind you i read it on that eu 86 site so yair. but if you do me a favour and measure you collar ill measure my ma pumps.

riceburner
19th August 2007, 03:43 PM
Go and buy a VN commodore tank, take it and your ae86 tank to a metal fabrication place and say pump mount and baffles from commodore in ae86 tank please.

Cost me $300 all up including new pump + all the work.

Dont waste your money on a ae86 jdm tank. Get a fuel pump that will do the job easy and help with any future mods with ease, has baffles so no surge, which still can happen jdm tank since they have a swirl pot but no baffles.

Thats what i did and never looked back. Make sure you get it pressure tested before fitting. Mine had a pin hole in the weld. 2 secs and it was fixed.

slide86
19th August 2007, 04:51 PM
doesnt vn have the fuel pump in the front of the tank or is that just VR and VS

LIL BLU MAN
19th August 2007, 07:24 PM
i got an ma61 tank in my sprinter that i recently bought but ive noticed they done a very shitty job of fitting it looks like someone with downsyndrome just kept headbutting it

riceburner
19th August 2007, 08:11 PM
doesnt vn have the fuel pump in the front of the tank or is that just VR and VS[/b]

Yes its in front, not really good for massive g/forces but we all know hachi dont have gforce unless you hit a pole.

riceburner
19th August 2007, 08:13 PM
i got an ma61 tank in my sprinter that i recently bought but ive noticed they done a very shitty job of fitting it looks like someone with downsyndrome just kept headbutting it[/b]

Thats the funniest thing ive heard all day

parrot
19th August 2007, 09:12 PM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=391083)
i got an ma61 tank in my sprinter that i recently bought but ive noticed they done a very shitty job of fitting it looks like someone with downsyndrome just kept headbutting it[/b]

Thats the funniest thing ive heard all day
[/b]

My best mate has a child with Downs syndrome, I can assure you it isn't funny.

Chrisso
20th August 2007, 04:28 PM

So how good a fit is it then? Did they have to massage it in, or were they just dodgy and bashed the crap through it because it makes a bonging sound like, ... like a hollow metal container? Also, are ma61 tanks baffled?

Clinton
21st August 2007, 09:42 PM
would it be possible to get a metal fabricater to just make a tank for you?

LIL BLU MAN
22nd August 2007, 03:27 PM
they just smashed it in with a hammer to fit it, looks real dodgy =\ im getting a jdm trueno tank now =]
sorry for the first comment parrot didnt mean to offend people just wasnt too happy with it.

sprintdaddy
23rd August 2007, 03:14 AM
Try the Toyota wreckers in the yellow pages on the Gold Coast, at Ashmore they are.

dctrd
28th August 2007, 04:34 PM
Are MA61 and RA65 tanks interchangeable?
Both cars are EFI and share the arse end floor pan, would be good if they are the same as there are more RA65's than MA61's around!

ke70dave
28th August 2007, 08:34 PM
with all the mucking around its prolly just as easy to go for a surge tank setup, you can mount the tank and all the pumps under the car (done it on bahnuggets hachi), and then you never have to worry about fuel surge again :2thumbs:

Chrisso
29th August 2007, 03:44 PM
with all the mucking around its prolly just as easy to go for a surge tank setup, you can mount the tank and all the pumps under the car (done it on bahnuggets hachi), and then you never have to worry about fuel surge again :2thumbs:[/b]

Agreed. There are plenty of examples of under car surge tank set ups. So do it right and do it once.