PDA

View Full Version : Using a dizzy as a CAS

driftism
17th August 2007, 02:54 PM
Hey all.

I've wired up a 4age bigport with a microtech MT-8 and i am having trouble with the crank angle sensor. the standard bigport distributor has 2 wires that run from the CAS and i can't get the thing to create a signal that the computer can read. I did some reaserch and found that i may have to use a smallport dizzy, as it has the later model igniton module on it, or try and find a GZE crank sensor.

I hooked up the CAS that i own to the motor and it works fine, but i need to use that on another car, so if i can find a way to use a normal distributor this would be better.

I also should mention that i only need the CAS function, as the car is running twin coilpacks.

any help on the matter would be appreciated.

slide86
17th August 2007, 04:39 PM
i did some looking round today and came up with this

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.p...=4age+microtech (http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10333&highlight=4age+microtech)

apparently by cutting of three of the teeth from the 4 toothed wheel it will work. or use a small port dizzy which is identical to a GZE CAS

JDMJNKY
18th August 2007, 10:19 AM
i spoke with rex kelway last night about this setup andy and ^^^^thats exactly what he said would have to be done otherwise just use the dizy mate without the coils cos the cops are gonna be sus as soon as they see the dizzy cap with no leads and the coils they will figure out its not running stock ecu!! I spoke with microtech about the setup im using and im just using my dizzy setup with a bosch igniter $80 and the normal coil id say its the easier option mate!!

Anthony
18th August 2007, 02:55 PM
a smallport (100kW) distributor has the same sensor as a ZE crank angle sensor. ie. theyre electrically identical so just use one of those.

driftism
23rd August 2007, 12:12 PM
a smallport (100kW) distributor has the same sensor as a ZE crank angle sensor. ie. theyre electrically identical so just use one of those.[/b]

That's what i was hoping. Thanks for the help guys

Johnny_K
23rd August 2007, 03:14 PM
Anthony I plan on running coils (with your help) im using my old RWD bigport dizzy, so im guessing i'm going to need to run a smallport dizzy too ?

Alex92
24th August 2007, 02:54 PM
I use a modified big port dizzy on my gte so now i run 2 twin post MSD coils in wasted spark with an EMS stinger and EMS ignighter. The dizzy is out of a ae82 twin cam 4ag corolla. all i did was cut 2 opposing teeth off the front 4 toothed wheel. runs fine with 10psi and good strong spark.

Anthony
27th August 2007, 01:22 AM
Yeah that works too. I like to have a single reset though so you can run full sequential if you want to. Means cutting three teeth off the four tooth wheel or better yet just running a 4AGZE CAS.