PDA

View Full Version : 4agze Questions...

BouNCE-86
19th August 2007, 10:17 AM
4agze newb questions...

1. What size exhaust are most people running on theres?
Mine is 2.5" with a cat, muffler, and tip and its WAY loud...

2. How much power do people have?
My AE101 4agze puts down around 145hp atw with intake, cooler, exhaust.

3. Does any one ever have problems with belt slippage?
What sort of belts do people run apart from stock?

4. Lastly, what sort of power are you making on the street, ie: what cars have you blown off :P

Just always been an N/A 4age boy, so im new to all this forced induction stuff.

:2thumbs:

callum1
19th August 2007, 01:24 PM
2.5 inch exaust. front mount. nevo supercharger pulley (15psi of boost). few other things. 150 proven hp at the wheels (probly more by now) my exaust is much quiter than my 4age in my ae82. beats most r32,33. commos which are the usual suspects, one of those turbo galant things. thats bout it really. lookin to go turbo.

86sp
19th August 2007, 01:50 PM
My old GZE had 2.5" exhaust, small front mount and microtech, made 122rwkw on 8-9psi. Depends on what muffler you run, I never had a problem with it being too loud.

slide86
19th August 2007, 01:51 PM
belt slip is a big problem that i had on my mates ae92 GZE. in the end i just did the tensioner so bloody tight i thought it was going to snap, but its been like that for 4 years and havent had a problem

i have a 2.5 inch exhaust with one muffler and it was pretty loud, will be doing something bout it. remember tho, s/c engines have to pump alot of air out the exhaust with nothing to dampen it like a turbo engine. that makes a difference

dustyae86
19th August 2007, 02:05 PM
2 3/4 i think mine is one muffler and a cannon, had a silencer too but it sucked way too much power so going to be putting a decent muffler on it once its back on the road.... only had one dyno run with a silencer in it and massive vacuum leaks... i made 80kw :unsure: haha..... but haven't ahd the opportunity to go against many imports but will eat any commodore for example gen 3s.... and keep upo with a VX GTO till 140 i think it was..... and i haven't had a problem with belt slip on my car, and its just a normal 5rib belt, but you can get this stuff called belt grip... but it makes your belts very nmoisy

BouNCE-86
19th August 2007, 02:29 PM
Sweet info guys, keep it coming...

Mine is proven to 145 hp atw... Standard Pulley.

DavisJD
19th August 2007, 02:45 PM
Im running a 2.25 inch exhaust, with a resanator and a muffler, its pretty loud but I dont mind.

Running aftermarket ECU, front mount, extractors, standard pully, has been dyno proven to 125rwkw. But every dyno is going to be different.

I get a little belt slip when its cold, but doesnt last long.

Have beaten S15's, with pod filters and exhausts. Dead even with a Pulsar GTi-R to 200, exhaust, boost controller, freshly rebuilt. stockish V8 commodores and falcons. worked S14, various rice burners!

Bassically, it will be quite competitve, and will come down to how you get off the line!

BouNCE-86
19th August 2007, 03:28 PM
Not too bad for a little 1.6 with a s/c plugged on the side...

Seems that belt slippage is pretty bad atm, can you hook up a boost guage anywhere to check?

:D

Mr Freeky
19th August 2007, 03:35 PM
yer ive just got my car started the other day. its got a AE101 map 4A-GZE with trd copy extractors, 2.25" exhaust, cat, resistor and muffuler. i want it as legal as possible. and it sounds really nice. front mount ic, standard pulley and standard ecu. and from the info sounds good as well.

dustyae86
19th August 2007, 04:05 PM
Im running a 2.25 inch exhaust, with a resanator and a muffler, its pretty loud but I dont mind.

Running aftermarket ECU, front mount, extractors, standard pully, has been dyno proven to 125rwkw. But every dyno is going to be different.

Have beaten S15's, with pod filters and exhausts. Dead even with a Pulsar GTi-R to 200, exhaust, boost controller, freshly rebuilt. stockish V8 commodores and falcons. worked S14, various rice burners!

Bassically, it will be quite competitve, and will come down to how you get off the line![/b]

and i can sometimes keep up with james' car :lol:

Javal
19th August 2007, 04:22 PM
Not too bad for a little 1.6 with a s/c plugged on the side...

Seems that belt slippage is pretty bad atm, can you hook up a boost guage anywhere to check?

:D[/b]

A Gilmer Drive Belt would solve that belt slippage problem.

And give it that big blown V8 whine.

BouNCE-86
21st August 2007, 07:49 PM
Two more questions to add:

Is it true you can run a boost tee? Where the hell would that go?

Also, can anyone tell me where to run the vac line to a boost guage from?

Ta...

DavisJD
21st August 2007, 08:00 PM
dustyae86Posted Aug 19 2007, 03:05 PM QUOTE(DavisJD @ Aug 19 2007, 01:45 PM) http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/board/style_images/ip.boardpr1181949269/post_snapback.gif (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/board/index.php?act=findpost&pid=390965)Im running a 2.25 inch exhaust, with a resanator and a muffler, its pretty loud but I dont mind.

Bassically, it will be quite competitve, and will come down to how you get off the line!

and i can sometimes keep up with james' car :lol:[/b]

Hehe a 4ac would beat me right now!

On the way home from Calder on monday, both nuts on my supercharger belt tensioner came loose and fell off, and I ran over the belt tensioner which went skittling along the freeway!

Needless to say, without boost, it runs like shit!

Hen is a total nutcase
22nd August 2007, 11:12 AM
Is it true you can run a boost tee? Where the hell would that go?

Also, can anyone tell me where to run the vac line to a boost guage from?[/b]
Yes, you can run a boost T. It will do precisely fuckall.

Run your boost gauge from manifold pressure, there are two factory lines into the (MAP version at least) GZE intake manifold. One on top at the front end, near the FPR. The other on the rear face pointing at the firewall, this is used for the MAP sensor so may not be there on AFM versions.

Hen

BouNCE-86
22nd August 2007, 02:10 PM
Ta Bloke...

Will give it a shot and see how i go...

:D

BouNCE-86
25th August 2007, 01:26 PM
Ok, have hooked up the boost guage to the 2nd (rear) outlet on the intake...

Guage is reading, Vac 20 on idle, Vac 10 in a normal driving state, and 0 PSI when flat out...

This either means;
1) Ive hooked it up to the wrong inlet/outlet?
2) I have massive belt slippage or a problem somewhere

HELP!!!... :P

Hen is a total nutcase
26th August 2007, 07:22 PM
Have you wired your SC clutch?

If it was belt slippage you'd hear it.

riojin
26th August 2007, 08:03 PM
Hehe a 4ac would beat me right now!

On the way home from Calder on monday, both nuts on my supercharger belt tensioner came loose and fell off, and I ran over the belt tensioner which went skittling along the freeway!

Needless to say, without boost, it runs like shit![/b]

it should run about the same. a 4agze with the charger turned off/not working has about the same power as a 4ac because of the low compression. now you know how all us 4ac bastards feel like

Brenton 86
26th August 2007, 08:35 PM
I put a T in between the Brown VSV and the intake manifold from memory. I used to have boost problems like yours, (0psi at full throttle) untill i did the ABV Mod and tightened fuck outta the tensioner. Now its running 0.6 Bar at 3-4k rpm and as much as 0.8 at 5-6k rpm.

Failing that id say your supercharger clutch is fucked.

I run like you (pretty much NA) for about a year and was still as fast as a 20v.

egg_83
28th August 2007, 02:46 PM
iv got 115kw and 422Nm with standard pully front mount 2 1/2 exhaust and microtech the torque is the biggest advantage of the super charger. mines really loud. probably got something to do with no muffler :lol:

verm69
28th August 2007, 05:37 PM
mine's having problems like that at the moment....

it boost's in neutral... but as soon as i put it in gear and drive... 0... won't go any further...

i'll have to play around with it...