PDA

View Full Version : electiric shitter

stefan
19th August 2007, 11:07 PM
my car went and shit it self tonite (electrics) tacho ,oil pressure temp and all dash warning lights stoped working

speedo still works and charge light and door light work but thats it

ive checked all the fuses there all fine so what could it be???

deleta
19th August 2007, 11:17 PM
Earth ??

Dave
19th August 2007, 11:18 PM
check the solenoids in the fuse box under the dash, the big square black fuckers, also check battery and make sure not good connection and a wire hasnt come off. does car still run or is this mainly just the dash thats playing up

kravit
19th August 2007, 11:29 PM
Old dashes do get dirty electrics on the the board, so you need to give it clean and can fix it.

stefan
20th August 2007, 10:39 AM
ive cleaned the battery terminals checked the fuse boxes and cleaned contacts etc etc car still drives but only the speedo works on the dash headlights and motor work fine no blown lights in dash
\
what else could it be???

stefan
20th August 2007, 08:27 PM
where would the dash earth from?

is it connected mainly to battery fro earth or is there different connection?

Dave
20th August 2007, 09:16 PM
its dash, as the speedo is mechanical, try that spare dash u have dan and see if it still fucks up. that will determine if its a earth or the wiring

stefan
21st August 2007, 01:06 PM
IVE USED MY OLD DASH AND IT IS THE WIRING SOMTHINGS ARKING OUT AND CAUSING THE GAUGE FUSE TO KEEP BLOWING

Dave
21st August 2007, 09:48 PM
if u dont work it out go to jon at bridgewater auto elec. theyr awesome and cheap there. check all the backs of your plugs and get compressed air and just give all plugs a bit of a blow around ... all i can suggest dude, does it blow the fuse soon as u put your lights on ? tats what our forklift at work does lol