PDA

View Full Version : brakes

deleta
23rd August 2007, 05:41 PM
hey spent a bit of today trying to bleed sneek and squueks brakes

they wont bleeed its like theres an air leak of some crap. when he pumps the brakes with no valves open it bubbles. so i think the is a problem there.

any help would be very much appricated

thanks callum

ae71
23rd August 2007, 06:06 PM
front or rear...?

if they have been disscounected/rrun out of fluid then there maybe alot of air in the lines or the master/booster may be stuffed

ke70dave
23rd August 2007, 06:55 PM
more info man!!!

if there are any leaks ANYWHERE in the brake system theres no point even trying to bleed the brakes

where do you see the bubbles?

deleta
23rd August 2007, 07:03 PM
ya i cant see it leaking any where, there are bubles in the resofwar when u pump him in the peaddle. and when u are bleading the brakes there is like this big gap were no fluid comes out when u pump.

seek
23rd August 2007, 07:04 PM
bubbles are comming from the brake booster.

basically what happends is, i pump the pedal, callum loosens the nipple, air comes out, keep repeating for ages, and its still not getting less spungy.

a bit of a background.

before we swapped in another diff the brakes were shmick. then when we swapped the diff. we were able to keep the drivers side drum, but we used the other drum that came with the new diff. obviously, after this the brakes needed to be bled, as they were spungy. note: we only changed the passenger side rear drum.

now, it seems when you try and bleed it, its sucking air in from another location.

DRFTR86
23rd August 2007, 07:54 PM
check if your passenger side wheel cylinder isnt leaking, sounds like you a got alot of air in their tho, get a bottle, get a peice of rubber piping in the lid going all the way to the bottom of the bottle, poke a breather hole in the bottle, make sure the rubber bit fits tightly on the nipple, open the nipple and pump the pedal, this allows no air to go back in the system but only fluid to come out

deleta
24th August 2007, 01:21 PM
yah its not leaking, i reckon the master cycelender is rooted

biggo
24th August 2007, 01:59 PM
i had the same problem with the resoviour bubling.

i threw a brick on the pedal once its pumped tight then bled them while the brick was still there.

worked very well.

Hen is a total nutcase
24th August 2007, 02:03 PM
Sounds like something is rooted, probably master cylinder. You are doing the right thing.

EIDT - Removed crap, thought you wre bleeding the clutch

Hen

NickAE86
24th August 2007, 03:59 PM
if the seal on the brake master is rooted is should be leaking around where its bolted to the booster...mine leaked inside into the footwell. Have you taken it off recently? if so did you bleed from the booster down the line (ie bleeding at each join in the line starting at booster and working down to the nipple)

it doesnt sound like an airlock though...moreso a rooted master

seek
26th August 2007, 11:31 AM
righto, seems im up for another booster...

anyone else got any opinions before i go and collect the required stuff?