PDA

View Full Version : Hilux diff - Handbrake lines

70XIN
24th August 2007, 08:07 PM
Hey kids,

I have installed my hilux diff on the weekend, and found that the stocko ae86 handbrake cables are a few CM too long. It's a fine length up to where it "attaches" to the back of the drum assembly, but then there is about 4~odd cm too much cable when it comes to the spring.

I don't think i can cut the cable/spring down and recrimp the things on the end of the cables too easily, i'd say they'd need an extremely strong crimper or something

Any ideas from those who HAVE DONE the conversion or actually know what they're talking about would be appreciated

I have not dealt with drums or brakes much, and i have the flu, so take it easy on me please :)

Seamus

fixeruperer
24th August 2007, 11:12 PM
i did myne but im using jza70 complete brakes i got some cables made so it would be easy if you did the same just tell them what you need and they will makes it, if its too long you may be able to get away with just changing the inner cable it will be way cheaper.

70XIN
28th August 2007, 10:08 PM
I just want the ends of them shortened by an inch or so. Should just be a cut and re "crimp" job.