PDA

View Full Version : ae82 ignition

ae71
26th August 2007, 10:11 PM
hey,

the time has come to swap my old slogged out points dizzy for a electric dizzy from a 4ac ae82.

my question is whats needed exactly? the coil and do they have an ignitors? if so are the ignitors the same as 4ag?

i talk to some people and they say they do and other say they dont.

if someone has a 4ac ae82 to could check and possibly take a few snap shots of that would be grate. i also need info on the wiring on it to please.

i have the distributor and would have grabbed the lot from the wreckers but it was missing.

thanks

Bobomacho
27th August 2007, 12:36 AM
hey,

the time has come to swap my old slogged out points dizzy for a electric dizzy from a 4ac ae82.

my question is whats needed exactly? the coil and do they have an ignitors? if so are the ignitors the same as 4ag?

i talk to some people and they say they do and other say they dont.

if someone has a 4ac ae82 to could check and possibly take a few snap shots of that would be grate. i also need info on the wiring on it to please.

i have the distributor and would have grabbed the lot from the wreckers but it was missing.

thanks[/b]

86 4ac if its any similar has no ignitor. has a coil. you need a condenser with your points

ke70_sa
27th August 2007, 11:50 AM
I have an elec dizzy on my POS 4AC. I didn't fit it, so am not sure on origin, but I'd assume AE82.

There's no ignitor to be seen. It looks as if teh wiring is identical to a points dizzy, just that it has elec internals, not points. If I remember I'll take a closer look tonight.

Hen

ae71
27th August 2007, 08:06 PM
bobomacho: 86 4ac's have conventional points dizzy's hence no ignitor, yes condencer.

hen: that would be grate mate.

aparently US model 86's came with an electric dizzy with an internal ignitor in the dizzy.

ae71
29th August 2007, 02:44 PM
any love hen?

Hen is a total nutcase
29th August 2007, 03:26 PM
Plenty of it...

I also checked my dizzy the other night. From what I can tell the guts function identically to points. The sensor inside has two wires connected. One goes to the ballast resistor, the other goes to one side of the coil.

So it should be a straight plug and play affair.