PDA

View Full Version : Engineering 4agze?

AEE86
4th September 2007, 01:01 PM
I purchased my ADM 86 with the 4agze conversion already done. It hasn't however been engineered, and I am looking to get it all done and road legal. Can anyone shed light on what is normally required? Does anything need upgrading etc. Have searched a bit but not found anything concrete.

I'm in Qld, and have a Microtech ECU if that helps.

Cheers

seek
4th September 2007, 01:29 PM
im keen on a answer to this too, however regarding 16v and 20v 4AG engines, in relation to a ae71.

edit: also in QLD

stefan
4th September 2007, 01:37 PM
20v no probs coz u havent changed capacity size of engine!

zupercharger well just drop it in just say to popo its a air con compressor

that way ur only half lying well its a compressor but just nor for aircon

bahnugget
4th September 2007, 02:06 PM
one of the best things i've learned is never listen to somebody from modbury...

sure the 5-0 might believe you but what if you have an accident and kill or mame someone, find that your insurance company wants to check over your car (wow.. and they know their shit too!) then it gets voided because hmm forced induction? whats this? we didn't cover that. Then your up for hundreds of thousands of dollars in compensation & medical bills.

engineering isn't that difficult and its NOT that expensive.. but it will save you alot of grief if something goes sour.

stefan
4th September 2007, 02:49 PM
as for insurance as long as they know about any modification its all good

i had a un enginered 86 but was in a head on collision and no problems with popo or insurance

enginering is like 1000 per car for mods

AEE86
4th September 2007, 03:01 PM
Yeah, its for these reasons I want it engineered. Its not really the issue of cost.

I don't need the hassle of looking out for cops everytime I go for a drive, so I'm happy to do what's required. My question relates more to what if any known modifications are required for this engine. ie things like brake upgrades, body strengthening, and so on. What specifically do I need to do to make Mr Engineer happy?!

stefan
4th September 2007, 03:51 PM
usually braking is main issue and any effect on cars handeling with more powerful motor

Hen is a total nutcase
4th September 2007, 06:05 PM
Ring an engineer. Everyone will give you a different opinion (including engineers). Talk to a few, go see a few and get THEIR opinions. They are the ones which count.

Though I know in Vic aftermarket management is essentially not allowed. You can't prove (without much jumping through hoops and payment) it meets emmission standards so are screwed.

Hen

biggo
4th September 2007, 07:49 PM
what hen said (again??)

anyway, every engineer has different vices. some are truckies some everyday bogan and some can only engineer certain parts of the car. the draft rules for nationally recognized mods thingy is very helpful. should be found on QT's website.

Thats a start, next go and ask you local transport office for a list of engineers nearby. they usually give out a sheet or 2 for free but you may have to pay if your ugly and the attendant is a bitch :lol:

egg_83
12th September 2007, 04:32 PM
you have a pm

biggo
13th September 2007, 09:54 PM
if you pm'd me it didnt work