PDA

View Full Version : ADM Spider.

us_ae86
7th September 2007, 09:55 AM
Well.. I received a set of headlights from one of you guys...(yes the shipment arrived ;))

In the one of the headlights was a cool Aussie spider!! Wo0t!!

Shit scared my wife when she went to go do the dishes.... I left it on the window sill. :lol:

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/154223.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/154224.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/154225.jpg

Isn't he just CUTE??? :wub: I call him Bogan The hairy spider. :)

rick q
7th September 2007, 10:33 AM
good ol hunts man, man id watch out for that thing even when they are dead they will still kill you in like 2 min lol nar kidn man lol

dori_86
7th September 2007, 10:39 AM
one of the most venomous spiders in OZ be careful, did u touch it? cos its venom lasts on it body for a couple of days after it dies???

AsleepAtTheWheel
7th September 2007, 10:43 AM
Can we all say "international quarantine breach" :lol:

I suppose that you've probably assumed it's deadly, like everyone does about Australian stuff like this, but it's not. Don't try patting him though - he'll still give you a bite. I'm amazed that he's still kicking!

I can see the headlines now - "Killer ADM Spider Outbreak in North-West - Run For Your Lives!!". :P

us_ae86
7th September 2007, 10:45 AM
Yeah.. I picked it up. It's dead. Big time dead. Bogan wont be hurting anybody anytime soon. :)

rick q
7th September 2007, 10:57 AM
hahahahaha love the name bogan lol

riojin
7th September 2007, 11:27 AM
i hear if you eat them after they have died they give you strange sexual powers

us_ae86
7th September 2007, 11:41 AM
It might just taste good with BBQ sauce.

GAKI86
7th September 2007, 02:14 PM
nah throw in it the barbie mate!

obey wan boenny
7th September 2007, 05:00 PM
nah throw in it the barbie mate![/b]

correction:
nah, throw it on the barbie mate!

:P :D

haha, wtf, how the fark did it get in there in the first place?

deleta
7th September 2007, 05:44 PM
thats so funny lol bogan the hairy spider

bahnugget
7th September 2007, 05:53 PM
hahaha rad a huntsman.. they're not deadly but they'll sure make u sick, i was bitten by one a few years back.

rthy
7th September 2007, 05:54 PM
dont the female huntsman eat the male huntsman after intercorse?

Klutch
7th September 2007, 05:58 PM
dont the female huntsman eat the male huntsman after intercorse?[/b]
I believe all spiders do.

bahnugget
7th September 2007, 05:58 PM
double post...

Driftspec
7th September 2007, 08:55 PM
I too hear major breach of customs, how did that even end up there? Unless they were too lazy to open it :D

Once (when I was much younger ;) ) I was in a car, and a huntsman ran out of the boot onto the rear seat that I was sitting on, ran behind my back and into some crevice... I shat myself, to be perfectly honest...

Dave
7th September 2007, 09:20 PM
same thing happened to me except it ran up my face, so my older brother took it upon himself to slap me stupid... i had come out of anaesthetic a hour before and thought that i could fool the spider by jumping out of the moving car....wasnt pretty.... back into the hospital i went.

sprinters_r_mad
7th September 2007, 10:33 PM
^^ hehehe sorry dude but that made me chuckle a bit :P

i was shifting wood once at my dads and a huntsman ran across my hand and i shat myself almost literally, i stamped the shit out of that sucker, but then i felt bad :(

Klutch
7th September 2007, 10:39 PM
I have arachnophobia.

Any spider i see dies by an extremely long object that i can find.

Gilly
7th September 2007, 11:33 PM
sooo many huntsman stories

i'll leave you my best one

i used to work in a mechanical workshop

one of the dudes i worked with had a habit of slapping asses or running his hands through your hair, tickling your neck and shit just to be a faggot.

one day i'm leaning into a wheel well and i fell this slight weight in my hair (long) and then light tickling across my neck

"fuck off Kirbo, you are such a fkn faggot dude"

from say 10m away i hear

"WTF are you talking about tripper"

we both turn to face each other and see a huntsman no shit the size of the palm of my hand walking towards the drain that stands between me and him

WAK

it had crawled out of the wheel well and down my back and shit

i just shuddered then did the crazy running my hands all over thing and through my hair and shit even though quite obviously the spider was no longer there :lol:

they get big like this one Chris (colour different, we get plain brown mostly like you have)

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/154287.jpg

MountainRunner
7th September 2007, 11:55 PM
hate spiders

GAKI86
8th September 2007, 04:04 AM
i remember at one time with rthy when a massive huntsman ran across the windshield only to have realised that it was actually in the INSIDE!!! i jump out of the car while the car was still rolling with rthy still inside terrified!! lol!!

reuben
8th September 2007, 10:00 AM
At my mates house they have one that lives there and it is as big as a dinner plate, I shat myself when i woke up with it 1 meater above my head watching me from roof.

Gilly
8th September 2007, 10:34 AM
i remember at one time with rthy when a massive huntsman ran across the windshield only to have realised that it was actually in the INSIDE!!! i jump out of the car while the car was still rolling with rthy still inside terrified!! lol!![/b]

shit that reminds me of a funnier story

i was driving with Tam in her old Daihatsu Sirion (powerhouse :P )

i had my window down and driving at say 60kph when a huntsman appears out from behind the door mirror glass and sits on the bit of window that was slightly up.

immediate screaming occured, i leaned right over towards Tam in the passenger seat desperately scrambling to get away from the hideous beast

me: "FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!"

Tam: "WIND THE WINDOW UP!!!! WIND THE FUCKING WINDOW UP!!!!!"

i reach over to flick the window switch and the spider is gone

Tam: "is it in or out?"

me: "ummm"

Tam: "IS IT IN OR OUT?!?!?!?!?! PULL OVER PULL OVER"

get out like idiots on the side of the road doing the frantic pat down and checking the car for spiders

this went on for like 3 days till i found him in the boot and ended our little game

obey wan boenny
8th September 2007, 10:42 AM
^^bahahahahahahha^^

I was cleaning my car windscreen once and I got to the top left corner where there's a mobile antenna mounting port thingy

this area is all dark and shit cos there's silicon around it, anyway I saw what appeared to be a little brown stick so I thought

"wtf? how did that get inside the car?"

so I went to pull it out and it retracted and a huntsman the size of a CD dropped out and almost landed on my face!!!

I screamed like a little girl and jumped out of the car quick smart! The little bugger sat on the passenger seat watching me (and was probably laughing at me)

I was shitting myself so I went and got the vacuum cleaner and vacuumed the bastard up.

:hammer:

Madgarbage
9th September 2007, 09:01 PM
lol bahahahahahahahahaha^^^^^^^^^^^

MountainRunner
9th September 2007, 09:16 PM
dont vaccum spiders they crawl back out so spray some bug killer down there 2

wooley
9th September 2007, 09:37 PM
haha at all your stories.

i was up the farm once driving across a paddock in a landcruiser with another fella in the ute with me. probably doing about 80-90ks an hour.

and the sun was in my eyes so i pulled down the sun visor and some big fuck of huntsman the size of my hand dropped off and down my singlet. so ive instantly grabbed my chest/singlet/spider with both hands.

so then was trying to drive and stop and not let go of spider hahaha.

scared the shit out of me.

hate spiders so much.

dont vaccum spiders they crawl back out so spray some bug killer down there 2[/b]

rofl thats wack.

us_ae86
9th September 2007, 09:39 PM
Damn.. These things are terrorists over there huh?

hachirusto
9th September 2007, 09:48 PM
yeap instead of strapping bombs to themselves they just jump out and scare the shit out of you when you least expect it

obey wan boenny
9th September 2007, 09:52 PM
dont vaccum spiders they crawl back out so spray some bug killer down there 2[/b]

I forgot to mention I kinda crushed its legs while doing that....well actually, I hit it with the vacuum tube before that aswell :rolleyes: so I'm sure it was pretty dead

Damn.. These things are terrorists over there huh?[/b]

yes.......yes they are :unsure:

Wally
9th September 2007, 09:54 PM
nothing worse when driving and a spider run across your windscreen inside the car...

i fkn hate spiders! :(

Felix
9th September 2007, 10:40 PM
when I was little I had the head of my bed againt the wall, on this wall I had a poster above my head. One night i couldnt get to sleep and reached up for the poster as i used to flap it, huge huntsmen fell down onto my face, sacred me shitless. but yeh they dont really bother me much

dont like sharks, crocs and snakes, everything thing else is sweet

Driftspec
9th September 2007, 11:13 PM
Damn.. These things are terrorists over there huh?[/b]

Yes.

One made it into the APEC secure zone the other day, sniper took it out with a long-range hit of Mortein

Apparently the pest control guys only did inside the hotels, despite being paid to do the perimeter of the security zone

hilton
10th September 2007, 12:08 AM
hahah some funny stories, i also hate spiders ay.

one time on my uncles farm it was apsolutely fuckign pissing down rain and light hail. so me and my couzin jumped in the farm car (yew yew yew mighty boy) ....anyways....yeh ater about 5 mins we found a nice cd size spider friend of ours was on the dash. fucking poo'd my pants aye.

i hate when theres a snake in the same harvister bin as you are too.

freaky shiz.

hilton
10th September 2007, 12:11 AM

freaky shiz.[/b]

i think the question you should be asking yourself there is.... why were you in a harvester/grain bin? there so dangerous!

dori_86
10th September 2007, 12:22 AM
i have had so many incidents with em that i carried a can or mortein in the car, i thought i was all safe until a couple of weeks ago i started to get cobwebs on my mirror and bonnet->front guard gap killed 3 so far.

funniest story about em was 1 time heading out 2 city dismantlers i saw 1 near the drivers mirror, i then ran inside and sat on my sun visor, so i reached for my street directory and smacked him out of the car as i was still driving... or so i thought

wasnt until a couple of minutes later i noticed i was eye to eyes with the little f*cker again this time i pulled over and used my homerun street directory skills.

another time my brother was driving his car and he saw 1 sitting on his passenger seat, then lost where it went, thats until he went to change gears! ha ha ha

hilton
10th September 2007, 12:49 AM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=401588)

freaky shiz.[/b]

i think the question you should be asking yourself there is.... why were you in a harvester/grain bin? there so dangerous!
[/b]

cleaning out the wheat and shit so it wouldn't go rotten.

andro0o
10th September 2007, 01:11 AM
get a spider or rat and stick it in a glasss jar spray the inside with deoderant flick a match in there and watch it suffer.. its fuking evil rats make this scary screaming noise.

dr1ft-pig
10th September 2007, 01:12 AM
all those stories gave me a good laugh, i have a story too lol

was about 3-4 yrs old and i was at my grandparents house, had just been raining so me and my gandfather went out to check how many inches of rain we had just had, the little measuring thing was mounted to a fence post and i pulled it out of its holder to get it and give it to my grandfather, fucking big huntsman jumped out from behind it onto my hand, i threw the water at my grandfather and killed his spider,he said it was his pet lol, fukin thing was huge

wooley
10th September 2007, 01:38 AM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=401594)

freaky shiz.[/b]

[/b]

cleaning out the wheat and shit so it wouldn't go rotten.
[/b]

oh so it was already like empty. haha thats cool.

GAKI86
11th September 2007, 01:47 AM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=400810)
i remember at one time with rthy when a massive huntsman ran across the windshield only to have realised that it was actually in the INSIDE!!! i jump out of the car while the car was still rolling with rthy still inside terrified!! lol!![/b]

shit that reminds me of a funnier story

i was driving with Tam in her old Daihatsu Sirion (powerhouse :P )

i had my window down and driving at say 60kph when a huntsman appears out from behind the door mirror glass and sits on the bit of window that was slightly up.

immediate screaming occured, i leaned right over towards Tam in the passenger seat desperately scrambling to get away from the hideous beast

me: "FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!!!"

Tam: "WIND THE WINDOW UP!!!! WIND THE FUCKING WINDOW UP!!!!!"

i reach over to flick the window switch and the spider is gone

Tam: "is it in or out?"

me: "ummm"

Tam: "IS IT IN OR OUT?!?!?!?!?! PULL OVER PULL OVER"

get out like idiots on the side of the road doing the frantic pat down and checking the car for spiders

this went on for like 3 days till i found him in the boot and ended our little game
[/b]

i think mine was funnier... Cmon!!! i was the driver and i was the one who jumped out of the car that was still moving at a walking pace with someone inside the car terrorised by a mere spider. :P

aaaaah
11th September 2007, 02:16 AM
Huntsmans have a crazy ability to get into ridiculous places. They are like the octopus of the spider world. I have the usual stories of huntsman spiders scaring the shit out of you etc but i am the one that has to get them out of whatever they are in because the rest of my family can't do it. They don't bother me that much because i know they can't seriously hurt me. In fact, spiders wouldn't bother me at all if they weren't poisonous.

Arachnophobia sufferers would have loved my car about a year ago. I noticed these spider webs going from under the car to the ground but thought nothing of it, and gradually they began to spread across the whole underside. I went out one night and turned on the light and i realised that all those webs were from red back spiders. Needless to say over the next fortnight i was out each night with a torch and a can of surface spray. Thing i killed at least 40 of the fuckers :lol:

later i realised how many times i could have died by sticking limbs under my car :lol:

If you want to kill redbacks, wait until night as they come down into their webs and hit them with surface spray. Kills them quick smart.

Blood Child
11th September 2007, 02:21 AM
i thought redbacks could like hold their breath or something?

bahnugget
11th September 2007, 05:37 PM
hahahahahahahaha DERR ^

they dont have to inhale it :P

Driftspec
12th September 2007, 08:18 PM
Cockroach fell from the roof and brushed me as I was walking inside last nightm one f the big suckers...

Except I didn't see it was a cockraoch, I just felt a large insect bounce off me... I immediately thought of this thread... and flipped!!

Then I found the lights and the surface spray and got rid of the cockroach. Can never be too careful! :lol:

riojin
12th September 2007, 08:21 PM
i got a pm of poh_86 about a stock adm rear bar i wanna buy off him. he wrote this back

yeh i got the bar

but i tried taking it off last night and theres a big f#ckin spider behind it,

i shat my pants, theres one bolt i need to undo the side of the rear gaurd. if u can do it lol[/b]

hehe now i have to deal with the bastard

Madgarbage
12th September 2007, 11:36 PM
lol this is the funniest thread ever... any way i remember back in the day when my dad had his white keto ( his first brand new car lol 11111) we were at a footy match, the game had ended so we all climbed into the car, every one had put there seat belts on but me, dad reaches down for the gear stick and grabs a handful of big black hairy spider (yes im talking about a spider lol) he shat him self and launched the fuking spider towards my crouch hahahahahaha i had nightmares for weeks after... i think of that night everytime i drive my keto lol

puzzigully
13th September 2007, 03:30 PM
http://www.drmenlo.com/roqlarue/clock_legs_small.jpg

Spiderclock is watching you masturbate.

verm69
13th September 2007, 04:15 PM
holly shit... thats creepy...

us_ae86
13th September 2007, 04:21 PM
How much for the spider behind the clock shipped to me here in the US?

Bustin_86
13th September 2007, 04:31 PM
We used to have this huge dyna truck out at our farm.... used it for carting rocks etc about the show. It was a proper truck lol.

Anyway jumped in one day and hooked off, fuckin hot day, asked dad to pass me the sunscreen, he opened the glovebox and it was full of dinner plate huntsmans...

I slammed on the brakes, ripped the keys out, and dad and i shut our doors at the same time lol. Fuck that shit, then we bought a 4 pack of those bombs you put under the house, put them all in the cab and rolled up the windows and shut the doors :P

Couldn't use the truck for a fortnight cos of the fumes, but she is all good. No more spiders!

Am i the only person who feels VERY paranoid about spiders after reading this thread? :P

verm69
13th September 2007, 04:34 PM
your not alone dude...

I'm defiantly going to get bitten by a red back in the next few days, i can feel it in my bones...

Bustin_86
13th September 2007, 04:46 PM
I swear i can feel shit crawling on me. Wakk Atakk!

+1 vote for the complete eradication of the arachnid race.

Madgarbage
13th September 2007, 05:11 PM
^^^^^^^^ lol last nyt i layed down on my bed and i felt a really sharp pain in my back, instantly thort it was a spider because of this thread lol spent the next half hour searching for a spider but then relised i just had a little bitch scratch on my back lol

verm69
13th September 2007, 05:35 PM
:lol: thats gold

i keep thinking there's a redback on my hand when i get the mail from the mail box :D

djscheppy
13th September 2007, 06:43 PM
sell it on ebay man@!! hahahahaha

bahnugget
13th September 2007, 07:39 PM
yeah sell it on eBay and have US Customs/Quarantine wondering where u got it hehehe

aaaaah
13th September 2007, 07:41 PM
:lol: thats gold

i keep thinking there's a redback on my hand when i get the mail from the mail box :D[/b]

That reminded me of when i went out and got the mail and it was only catalogs so i brought them inside and started to have a leaf through them. Opened one up and there was a big fuck off huntsman in there. I shut the catalog and took it outside lol.

scared the shit out of me when i opened it but.

us_ae86
13th September 2007, 07:41 PM
In the back of the grille........... There is an egg sack. o_0

riojin
13th September 2007, 07:49 PM
In the back of the grille........... There is an egg sack. o_0[/b]

you better keep those eggs safe. keep them in your mouth outta harms way. but dont swallow just because theyre whiteish coloured.

seriously though kill them one way or another

DRFTPG
13th September 2007, 10:20 PM
wooo breed them and then sell them on the black market :P

Driftspec
13th September 2007, 11:06 PM
You serious?

I hope not...

I killed a spider with knock-down today, mainly because of this thread :lol:

verm69
14th September 2007, 12:07 PM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=403732)
In the back of the grille........... There is an egg sack. o_0[/b]

you better keep those eggs safe. keep them in your mouth outta harms way. but dont swallow just because theyre whiteish coloured.
[/b]

BWAHAHAHA! keep them in your mouth outta harms way! thats gold

[attachment=17433:TGOLD_1.jpg]

deNs
14th September 2007, 10:40 PM
The only story i've got about huntsmans is from when I was up at the fun day at winton back in january.

Was the last driver + passenger sessions of the day, so I took a mate of mine out on the track.. all was sweet until I'd turned left to go down the back straight after the cleavage.. while doing about 100 this massive huntsman drops down out of nowhere onto my gauge cluster. I panic and yell out "F***EN SPIDER!"... meanwhile my mate in the passenger seat thought I was yelling out "FIRE!".. he was a bit panicked. I pull into the paddock, get out and try to find it. No sign of it. Didn't get a good look at it as I was more concerned about hitting the guy in front of me.

So I drive out again, after explaining to my mate that there wasn't a fire in the car. Get to the same place on the track and he drops out again! Then I make a pretty dumb move and hit him with my fist, leaving a bit of a smear over where my speedo is.

When we got back to the paddock again I then realised it was just a huntsman.. but damn it was crazy huge. Was just crawled up near my seat once we'd gotten out of the car.

Anyhow, that's my story. Haven't really ever been too fond of spiders, but if I do see one 'round the house.. jar + paper and out into the free world he goes.

---dens

MountainRunner
14th September 2007, 11:34 PM
fuck thiss thread give u thet creeps i felt like somthings crawlling on me n shit

obey wan boenny
15th September 2007, 01:04 AM
OGE hairy Huntsman was sitting on the roof of my porch with its legs spread!!!!

us_ae86
15th September 2007, 04:50 AM
Send it to me.

Driftspec
16th September 2007, 07:40 PM
OGE hairy Huntsman was sitting on the roof of my porch with its legs spread!!!![/b]

Thought of something soo wrong to reply to that with...

Legs spread... :fap:

riojin
16th September 2007, 08:12 PM
OGE hairy Huntsman was sitting on the roof of my porch with its legs spread!!!![/b]

mate this isnt the "would you hit it?" thread

obey wan boenny
16th September 2007, 08:23 PM
lol :lol: , I'd hit it

Wally
16th September 2007, 08:28 PM

hope ya gave it babies

driftae86
18th September 2007, 02:48 AM
once while i was driving my old ae71 down a freeway i saw something run across the rear view mirror then disappear behind the drivers side sun visor (sun visor was in the down position at the time) a split second later a huntsman dropped down in front of me so i swatted it across to the passenger side of the car. didnt see where it went. drove for anther 10-15mins before i could pull over then i found it and gave it a healthy dose of UBD.

https://secure.racq.com.au/ssl/shopV2/images/UPER_115px%20M99.jpg

another time i went to open up the rear door of the 71 and felt something funny under the handle. i took my hand out, at that time a huntsman dropped down to the ground and ran off into the garden. it felt weird lol.

and us_ae86 if you see any black spiders with red on their backs, dont go near them hahaha. (probly what the eggs are full of)

ashie
18th September 2007, 09:47 AM
i remember one day ke30king (lloyd), tom210 and myself went on an outing and we got onto the hight way and lloyd went to pull his visor down, this huge huntsman was behind there so he put it up and belting the crap out of it(whilst driving throwing punches straight at the roof, he thought it was dead so he went to take it out at macca's, it fell out and scrambled behind the dash, half way fo our destination he was giving the rolla absolute curry and the spider pops out, he made his mate kill it,

funnest day ever

Stain
20th September 2007, 11:01 PM
Am i the only person who feels VERY paranoid about spiders after reading this thread? :P[/b]

Fucking hell tell me about it...
I've noticed spider webs around my mirrors and headlights for the last couple of months and never thought anything of it...
I'm bloody scared to get in my car at 5am tomorrow...

MountainRunner
20th September 2007, 11:07 PM
im alwayz gonna check my visors now

riojin
21st September 2007, 11:22 AM
im not scared when i jump in my car after reading the stories in this thread, cant get scared in the mighty ae86.

but i do get scared when im in the most self-concious state such as after i get out of the shower. like most guys we hate cleaning our bathrooms, so theyre always a little dirty unless a lady friend is coming over. so who knows whats gonna be in there. add that with the self consciousness you get from being naked and you have a deadly combination. the slightest touch from any foreign object amkes you jump outta your skin.

well atleast it makes me

Stain
21st September 2007, 08:37 PM
Oh, I have a bathroom spidey story...

Walked into to the dark bathroom - flicked the switch... but it takes awhile to come on.
So I get my brush and paste and start brushing into the sink, when the light comes on
I look up into the mirror and theres a fucking huge on smack bang in the centre like 10cm away from my face!

Damn that got me good...

sprinters_r_mad
22nd September 2007, 02:18 PM
i got one like that ^^^

was in the garage one day, garage door was closed. i was getting something out of the boot of mum's car, which means my back was like 20 cm away from the door when its closed. i got the stuff and closed the boot and turned around and the was a fkn massive huntsman eye level with me like 15 - 20 cm away. my heart nearly exploded hehe.

scared me good that time :P

although im shit scared of spiders in general, these stories make me laugh heaps

Micknofx
23rd September 2007, 12:06 AM
Alright I reckon I'm gonna chip one of my stories in. In my old house we noticed these tiny little huntsmans turning up around the place, I reckon I musta nailed at least 10 in 4 or 5 days and the rest of my family probably the same. then one night I go to brush my teeth walk into the bathroom and hit the light and behind me on the wall (reflected right next to my face in the mirror I was looking at) was the biggest huntsman I've seen in my life, was a bit bigger than the usual big hand sized guys. I went and grabbed my folks and sis (after freaking out!) and showed them cause we'd all been talking about the little ones. While we were checking him out my old man went and got the "low toxic" (as in not non-toxic!) surface spray we had and gave him a big dose. He made it down the wall and about 2 meters out into our hall then stopped. While my dad went to get some newspaper to wrap him up and chuck him the fucker RECOVERED! he started by jiggling his legs and had gotten well enough to make a dodgy slow walk by the time my dad got back. Then we made a spider sandwich with newspaper bread.

verm69
23rd September 2007, 11:43 PM
so i went to work on my car yesterday. took off my door trim, and look what i found!

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/155355.jpg

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/155356.jpg

saw it, jumped back and HAD to get a pic for here :lol:

us_ae86
24th September 2007, 07:05 AM
Awww... it's just a baby. :wub:

verm69
24th September 2007, 10:20 AM
... it was about as big as my palm! but they do get even bigger :wacko:

Klutch
26th September 2007, 01:39 PM
http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/3898/australiasd47d84187b90bex1.jpg

Blood Child
27th September 2007, 06:18 PM
just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes for redback venom to take effect?

i was minding my own business loading some bags of stuff this afternoon and one was crawling on my hand for a bit before i noticed and shook it off.
not sure if it bit me or not, but better to be safe than sorry i s'pose.

Klutch
27th September 2007, 06:32 PM
just wondering if anyone knows how long it takes for redback venom to take effect?

i was minding my own business loading some bags of stuff this afternoon and one was crawling on my hand for a bit before i noticed and shook it off.
not sure if it bit me or not, but better to be safe than sorry i s'pose.[/b]
You would know straight away if it bit you i would think.

Dvious
27th September 2007, 06:58 PM
Is that a real spider? Thats huge. not sure but here where i live in the Suburbs huntsmans are lucky if there as big as your palm. Maybe its a country thing but i had no clue huntsies would be as big as a plate. I would be sooo fuckn scared, only story i have was when dad was driving in his old merc we were at the lights and one started crawling on him and he started swatting at it whilst he was driving...It had 5 legs, reappeared once when we were driving and i just jumped outa the car, lucky we were in the driveway and we took of the whole backseat to find it..

86adz
3rd October 2007, 03:01 AM
was in a rush to get to work one day and was going through my chest of draws for some socks reaching right down the back to get one of the few pairs without holes in them i felt something rub on the back of my hand i pulled it out in shock and looked in to discover a big fuck off huntsy. laid the smackdown on it then rang the boss and said id be half hour late with car troubles (spent that time tipping contents of draw onto floor and double checking for any other critters).

robert nguyen
9th October 2007, 11:43 PM
has anyone here tried the Lighter + Insect spray technique?
its awesome!

Klutch
10th October 2007, 12:08 AM
has anyone here tried the Lighter + Insect spray technique?
its awesome![/b]
Light+anything flammable also works.

Just don't light the thing on fire and let him run under a peice of furniture or something :|

driftke70
11th October 2007, 01:23 AM
once sprayed a mammoth hunstman with so much bug spray it was just this ball of white foam walking around and didnt die for hours.

Jessi
17th October 2007, 04:02 PM
Was driving with an ex-boyfriend once and saw one run across the windscreen on the outside. Sort of just ignored it until we had to stop for petrol, my ex got out of the car and stupidly left the door open, it ran into the arm rest on the inside. We poured a bit of water on it so it would run outso we could kill it and it ran back to the outside of the door at the bottom. I yelled at my ex to close the door, but he was too much in his own world and by the time he reacted to what I said and put his hand on the top of the door the spider had run up there and was on four legs, with the other four waving in the air and it was hissing/squealing (?? :huh: ) at us. I kicked the door shut from the bottom and we soaked it in water and it fell on the ground and ran into a bush.

Another story that's not really my own. My parents were driving in my Dads 180B when they were about my age and one ran across the outside of the car, when they stopped at the servo and got out, it ran up under the door handle and my Mum is terrified of spiders so she's yelling at my Dad to get it. The attendant came out to see what the noise was and when Dad said that a huntsman ran up under the handle and he was trying to figure out out to get it out, the attendant just stuck his hand up there, grabbed it and threw it on the ground, shrugged and walked back inside.

Midnight x
17th October 2007, 05:11 PM
^^ i did the same to my girlfriend once, the huntsman was on the outside of the windscreen and i had my window open and it decided to run inside and across the windscreen to my girlfriends side of the car then back to my side. i drove 10 minutes home with my girlfriend absolutely hysterical and almost in the back seat with this spider running around. i thought it was hilarious.

another story... was on the school bus a few years ago sitting on the back seat next to my mate who is petrified of spiders. i opened up my school bag and there was a huge huntsman on my pencil case, dont know how it got there :blink: , anyway i grabbed the pencil case and dropped it in my mates lap... he almost jumped out the back window of the bus, then flicked it back onto me. i pissed myself laughing for the rest of the trip

im not scared of them, i go to sleep with them on the roof and walls in my room, its only when they are near my bed that i do something about it

sprinters_r_mad
17th October 2007, 05:56 PM
^^^ damn you and your lack of scaredness of spiders <_<

callum1
17th October 2007, 07:13 PM
all those stories gave me a good laugh, i have a story too lol

was about 3-4 yrs old and i was at my grandparents house, had just been raining so me and my gandfather went out to check how many inches of rain we had just had, the little measuring thing was mounted to a fence post and i pulled it out of its holder to get it and give it to my grandfather, fucking big huntsman jumped out from behind it onto my hand, i threw the water at my grandfather and killed his spider,he said it was his pet lol, fukin thing was huge[/b]

old people do tend to keep a close eye on the rain guage...its a major talking point for them.

any way. ill share my spider story.

when i was about 13, the handle grips on my pushbike had worn through so there was steel tubing coming out the end (it was cool at the time) and i was crusing down my street around a long sweeping bend. when -BAM- this massive huntsman with murderous intentions unfurled from the end of the steel tubing and scampered up my arm with lightning speed. i decided to take one for the team and threw myself at the road in order to crush the spider between my shoulder and the bitumen. ( i fell off basically) the spider wussed out of the suicide dive and jumped ship. landing safley on the road and then to i dont know where. i was left very sore.

blair
17th October 2007, 07:20 PM
once sprayed a mammoth hunstman with so much bug spray it was just this ball of white foam walking around and didnt die for hours.[/b]

huntsmen are like 4ac's.

nless uve got a decent thong / rolled up tv-week.

EDIT: p.s. anyone ever been bitten by one??
i did bout a year ago at moreton. i think i may have stood on it then the fucker scurried up my leg and inside my shorts
it bit me and a squeezed it to pulp (through my shorts)

then i think i may have cried.. :blink:

lo_rolla
17th October 2007, 09:47 PM
Yeah I been bitten, hangin from my towel after I got out of the shower. I usually ignore spiders cos I'm not too fased, but if there's a very big one, me and Dad wait for Mum to get home so she can take it back outside. Good old Mumsy, what a machine.

I also found a snake in my pantry and behind the dvd player.

Driftspec
18th October 2007, 11:08 PM
^^Yep, been bitten by them before. Bloody things...

What hurts worse though is those damn green spiders that are in gardens, they don't need provoking. They will just bite you and bugger off. And the bite is soo painful, it can hurt AND itch for hours. Grrrr....

driftke70
19th October 2007, 10:23 AM
ive been bitten by a wolf spider a couple of times, the first time i woke up and had pins and needles in my arm, thought nothing of it, just assumed i must have been sleeping on it for a while, went into the shower and cranked the hot tap, as soon as it hit my arm i was like eye chawawa, Looked down and my arm looked like my leg. Pretty much just went all tender and sore for a couple of days and leaked puss and crap. Second one was in bed also but on the other arm, third was on my shoulder, dont know where he was.

Once cruising in my fairmont with the missus doing about 60, chucked the window down for a durry and this funnel web runs in, right on the inside of the windscreen above my lap, and winds gushing in through the window and im just waiting for him to fall. Trying to make the decision of closing the window and either wasting a good durry or filling the car with smoke, or leaving it open and have 60kp/h winds hitting this furry bastard, pulled over and got him out with a stick, it was those seedy ones that walk really slowly and precisely.

hachirusto
22nd October 2007, 06:41 PM
My car is infested with them at the moment because its been off the road, there are spider webs everywhere , the other day I found one at nigh massive thing on the petrol tank lid killed that sucker straight away, one down about 200 to go lol