PDA

View Full Version : Issues with starting car

Tylthidras
16th September 2007, 06:32 AM
Hey all,
How are you? I am having issues starting the car. It always starts first go but I have noticed when my car is on an angle when parked and trying to start it it wont start. Does anyone know what could be the problems?
Thanks

obey wan boenny
16th September 2007, 07:32 AM
Is your starter motor attached properly? i.e not loose? :huh:

dr1ft-pig
16th September 2007, 09:08 AM
the float in the carb might b stuck and floodin it

Driftspec
16th September 2007, 10:20 AM
^^ Agreed, would be a carby/fuel flow issue if its a 4AC. Let us know what engine it is first ;)

What angle does the car not start on? ie nose down, nose up? And how much fuel is in the tank when this happens?

Tylthidras
16th September 2007, 12:38 PM
^^ Agreed, would be a carby/fuel flow issue if its a 4AC. Let us know what engine it is first ;)

What angle does the car not start on? ie nose down, nose up? And how much fuel is in the tank when this happens?[/b]

Thanks guys, no my car is a 4age 16 smallport. Definately not a fuel issue guys. Also the nose is up when it happens.

riceburner
16th September 2007, 12:51 PM
i have the same issues. my car (especially when cold) is always stubborn to start.

my car has a big fuel system in the boot so i always wait for the pumps to finish priming b4 i give it a crank over..

the strange thing is that when i turn the engine OFF the pumps continue to hum away for maybe 6-7 seconds after it is of

Tylthidras
16th September 2007, 01:07 PM
i have the same issues. my car (especially when cold) is always stubborn to start.

my car has a big fuel system in the boot so i always wait for the pumps to finish priming b4 i give it a crank over..

the strange thing is that when i turn the engine OFF the pumps continue to hum away for maybe 6-7 seconds after it is of[/b]

I have jdm fuel tank so pump is internal if that helps. Yes mate, that what it is like with external fuel pumps

deanoo
16th September 2007, 07:44 PM
if ur car is on a angle and wont start it could mean you have low petrol or not enough and since the car is on a angle the fuel pump cant pick it up..

gumbie
17th September 2007, 10:13 AM
Could be the fuel pump is not working too well ie not enough pressure