PDA

View Full Version : 4age head onto 4ac

superbmobile
16th September 2007, 09:17 PM
does anyone know if a 4age head fits onto a 4ac or do you have to change pistons to allow for the 4 valves per cylnder. :2thumbs:

dori_86
16th September 2007, 09:19 PM
all i know is yes it can be done, but no i dont know how its done

gumbie
17th September 2007, 10:15 AM
does anyone know if a 4age head fits onto a 4ac or do you have to change pistons to allow for the 4 valves per cylnder. :2thumbs:[/b]

Yes it can be done as far as I know it just bolts on cause they are the same block as an early 4age but the compression is way down and will actually make less power

RobertoX
17th September 2007, 01:20 PM
do not do this

Javal
17th September 2007, 01:39 PM
<{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=405138)
does anyone know if a 4age head fits onto a 4ac or do you have to change pistons to allow for the 4 valves per cylnder. :2thumbs:[/b]

Yes it can be done as far as I know it just bolts on cause they are the same block as an early 4age but the compression is way down and will actually make less power
[/b]

Yes,

and you will need parts off the 4ag block (timing assembly parts etc) at any rate.

It will be internally weaker than your standard 4ag.

You will break if very quickly.

In short:

do not do this[/b]

it would cost you as much, if not more to get it together and running as it would to put in a regular 4AGE.

superbmobile
17th September 2007, 04:59 PM
na wasnt planning to do this just wondering thats all.

bahnugget
17th September 2007, 05:07 PM
It can be done..

its not a great idea... and the motor becomes an interference motor (as in if you snap a timing belt, things hit)

fergo308
17th September 2007, 11:10 PM
why wouldn't you just swap it for a real 4AG?

the head bolts onto the block sure,but the crank is weaker,the rods are weaker,the cutouts in the pistons are wrong for the 16v head,and there's no oil cooling.
so basically,you need to replace the head gasket,buy a head to put onto it along with all the efi gear,then at least swap to 16v pistons on the 4AC rods. you then have a weak 4AGE that you can't rev beyond 6500rpm or so,for the same outlay as a 2nd hand complete 4AGE. in short,don't bother.

if you don't want to swap to a 4AGE for whatever reason,you can get weber manifolds for the 4AC,and with AE82 electronic ignition you'll get a solid spark up to the 6500rpm redline. get a reground cam made for it,and set up a single downdraft carby and you MAY get close to the peak output of a stock 4AGE.

there are a few practically $0-investment mods you can make to a 4AC to make them a bit nicer to drive and have a little more punch. I can detail them if necessary.

Justin...

4AC power
17th September 2007, 11:24 PM

the head bolts onto the block sure,but the crank is weaker,the rods are weaker,the cutouts in the pistons are wrong for the 16v head,and there's no oil cooling.
so basically,you need to replace the head gasket,buy a head to put onto it along with all the efi gear,then at least swap to 16v pistons on the 4AC rods. you then have a weak 4AGE that you can't rev beyond 6500rpm or so,for the same outlay as a 2nd hand complete 4AGE. in short,don't bother.

if you don't want to swap to a 4AGE for whatever reason,you can get weber manifolds for the 4AC,and with AE82 electronic ignition you'll get a solid spark up to the 6500rpm redline. get a reground cam made for it,and set up a single downdraft carby and you MAY get close to the peak output of a stock 4AGE.

there are a few practically $0-investment mods you can make to a 4AC to make them a bit nicer to drive and have a little more punch. I can detail them if necessary.

Justin...[/b]

WOW u make me wanna pull me 4age out and put in a 4AC and do watever u just said :2thumbs:.....it does sound really interesting

Gavin
17th September 2007, 11:24 PM
i want to know what these low cost 4ac mods are :)

RobertoX
17th September 2007, 11:57 PM
nos, $700

turbo - $1000

rip it out and replace with 4age - $1500

they are the best mods

ae71
18th September 2007, 11:33 AM

Justin...[/b]

My 4ac beats my mates 4ag, his is so sick it has a whole 30psi on each cylinder!!!!

no, sorry you wont get anywhere near them unless they are as mentioned above. 4ac's make too little power and if 4ag make as much power as a 4ac with bolt on stuff short of lawson tuning then they are probaly ready for a ka-boom...

sorry but it just wont mate, not even close