PDA

View Full Version : the gze outta 4agze

darkon
18th September 2007, 04:43 PM
i got a ca18de and i feel like a dickhead so i figure goodbye airconditioning hello supercharger. had a look at some vortec blowers. uber expensive... no thanx. so as far as 2nd hand superchargers go i could only think of the 1 off a 4agze. so i got a couple of questions. for the actual blower itself the pulley that bolts onto the engine and the little one that makes sure the belt doesnt get loose what sorta $$ are we talkin? secondly what sorta boost do these put out max? and what sorta revs do they do it at? i mean i hit limmiter at 8k so itd prolly be a fair bit.also how much parasitic energy loss is there off it? i know air cons about 4.5hp or sumin so the blower would be a bit more. and final question what sorta blower is it? the gumbi oldschool type the screw type or a centrifugal(highly doubt but hey toyota have suprised me before) if u feel like providing any extra info that may be helpful (dont tell me to get an sr20det) feel free to enlighten me

verm69
18th September 2007, 04:50 PM
i'm no guru, but the SC12 from the ze is good for up to about 12-14 pound... mine is funning 12 and it's at full boost at about 1000 rpm.... as soon as i put my foot down :2thumbs: :D

i reckon it'll be a bit of a mission to put a toyota sc onto a nissan engine! but interesting

stinger_007
18th September 2007, 05:07 PM
yep, SC12 on the gze - prolly around 200-300 bucks for a good one, wears heavily after 14psi.

look for an SC14 from a Toyota 1GGZE. will cope with 14 psi easily. around 300 bucks.

People have had good results fitting them to 4agze's, rb30's, commodore v6's....etc.

nelpd96
19th September 2007, 12:31 AM
With these things you have to realise that they are not limited to a certain amount of boost as such, these are a positive displacement superchager with them displacing 1.2lt and 1.4lt for the SC12 and SC14 respectivly. Due to the construction they are limited primarily by rpm not boost so for these ideal keep them under 11,000rpm anything over 13,000rpm and you will see the teflon starting to melt of the rotors casing them to fail. So assuming an 80% efficency for the supercharger which is probably a little on the high side and a max rpm for the supercharger of 11,000rpm you should be able to get about 14psi or there abouts. I have done up a speadsheet thing that I can email to someone if they want to host it because I can't upload excel spreadsheets.

Cheers
Paul