PDA

View Full Version : HKS twincharger kit

Dish
21st September 2007, 11:55 AM
Hey guys

I've been playing round with the idea in my head of late of trying to recreate one of these kits. Does anyone have pictures, spec list, other tech information.
Intruiges me to say the least.

Any help would be great.

Cheers
-Roy

Lost Prophet
21st September 2007, 02:29 PM
I thought about this for a bit too but quickly dimissed the idea as it would be fairly expensive.

I found this article about some ways you could set it up, i'm not sure if it is the same set up as the HKS kit, i believe they are looking at making the turbo blow through the supercharger. It a good read, lots of good info and theories.

http://www.mr2.com/forums/forced-induction...ing-4a-gze.html (http://www.mr2.com/forums/forced-induction/Toyota-MR2-3543-twincharging-4a-gze.html?vbseourl=forced-induction/Toyota-MR2-3543-twincharging-4a-gze.html)

enjoy :2thumbs:

hachirusto
21st September 2007, 03:14 PM
About a month back there was actually a ae92 levin which had a hks twincharge kit in it on ebay, Im pretty sure that it didnt sell would have been worth buying

johl
21st September 2007, 04:06 PM
there was a 'treefiddy z' in auto salon magazine a few months ago that i believe had this kit ur trying to find. they had pics of it in the engine bay and said that it blew through the supercharger first and then the turbo i think. is kinda like a supra twin turbo set up in theory. where the turbo is only being used after a certain point. i have the magazine but i cant be bothered trying to find it as i have hundreds of them in a stack. what car where u thinkin about doing this on? and what engine?

jezz
21st September 2007, 04:12 PM
A mates recently built his own for his AW11. I also have all the pictures, and info somehwere on my computer, just trying to find it.

MINIHORSE
21st September 2007, 06:55 PM
theres a guy here in adelaide with a black AE101 with the said kit, its an off the shelf HKS kit from the early nineties, he said to buy one new (apparently thay are still available) your looking at about 4k aus

nath
22nd September 2007, 11:02 AM
a guy i know has done a twin charged aw11 4agze with a turbo it was awesome on the street 12psi at every rev range fun as fuck

but when we went to wakefield it was pretty crap cause your always above 4k rpm thats when the turbo was at full boost anyway the extra $$$$ didn't really justify it

depends on what you want to do with it