PDA

View Full Version : 4 link settings

stefan
26th September 2007, 11:11 AM
i just installed my 4 link rear end now my tailshaft is vibrating hella of alot and it dosnt feel safe

what can i do to resolve this issue

i loosenes the tail shaft rubber and re tightened it

but its making a loud whiring noise

and when i change gears it make a big clunk

Javal
26th September 2007, 02:54 PM
I'm going to assume that when you say 'i just installed my 4 link' that you have just installed adjustable trailing arms / panhard rod.

The only reason it would vibrate alot is if all the settings were out of whack.

Make sure both the upper trailing arms have exactly the same length, and the lower pair too.

Infact just try adjusting them to the stock lengths and see if the problem is still there.

Also make sure your diff is centred.

ghetto ke
26th September 2007, 03:11 PM
Also note that if you're now using fully rose-jointed/pillow-ball links, you no longer have rubber bushes on the ends of the arms to isolate vibrations from the diff/pinion/crown wheel. All these will be transferred directly to the chassis now and cause a shit load more noise inside the car even when properly aligned!

RobertoX
26th September 2007, 03:24 PM
^ i have already told this to dippry

he wants the rose joints but doesnt want the added nvh

ghetto ke
26th September 2007, 03:29 PM
then he should get the Cusco ones which are Pillow-ball on the diff end and Normal Bush at the Chassis side!

FoB_aE8866
26th September 2007, 04:24 PM
he wants the rose joints but doesnt want the added nvh[/b]

mind you, whats nvh mean???

chapl
26th September 2007, 05:15 PM
duuuude wtf is with your sig? LOL

kaibeecee
26th September 2007, 05:28 PM
Could be bad pinion angle.

take out the arms, and precisely measure them to be of the EXACT same length as your stock arms. this will be a starting point until you wish to alter the arms (and the inherited pinion angle) for your driving style.

if they're fine, be a man about the NVH (noise/vibration/harshness for the ones that don't want to google it.)

stefan
26th September 2007, 05:34 PM
it is measured and seems on now ok some measurment and tuning required

and the wanker i work with fuked around with my profile!

but now he resigned!

good ridence to bad filth i say!