PDA

View Full Version : Re-Registering 86

ae86_kiwi
27th September 2007, 01:39 PM
Hey everyone, just got a question on re-registering my 86.

I read a few posts earlier about the interior needing to be complete (ie:carpet, interior trim, rear seats (i knew that already, not to say they wont be coming out later on.) and air con.) Ive currently got no carpet (it was wrecked) no interior trim at all and ive got no air con, but will be running heater/demister.

So do i need to put ALL the interior back in before i can get it re-registed or could i do it without interior trim and carpet?

Thanks in advance,

Kiwi_ae86.

PS:Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but i thought this was appropriate.

japlish
27th September 2007, 02:03 PM
you NEED carpet and you NEED door trims.

johl
27th September 2007, 02:49 PM
when i got my roady for my old 71 i had no back seat no carpet basically nothing except seats and dash. i got a mod plate for the 2 seats and all that. basically all i had to put back in was kick panels, steering column surround cuz u arnt allowed to expose any wiring and also door trims in the front as no moving parts are allowed to be exposed. i also had a locka and chopped springs so my roady was a dodgy one. just get a mod plate if u got nothing in the rear and cover all wiring and moving parts. some people kick up a stink about the holes in the floor being exposed and say u have to cover them (with carpet they suggest). just ring around and explain ur situation and say u are only getting the car on the road to drive it to the track as its too expensive to hire a trailer ;)

parrot
27th September 2007, 02:54 PM
With regard to the aircon, which you don't need, and the heater which you do, see this post on page 2 and 3.

The photos disappeared with the forum update, if I can find them on my computer somewhere I shall re post them, but it is self explanatory. You just need the ducting pipe and tha side of the heater core box.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/board/in...=4209&st=40 (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/board/index.php?showtopic=4209&st=40)