PDA

View Full Version : delete

'Red_Hachi_Box'
28th September 2007, 08:12 PM
I have some black meshies on my Sprinter atm, and im going to try and paint them a gold. These came with the car when I bought them from Crackett, not sure if there an alloy or not. Looks similar to something off an old Datsun or so on..

They came a faded black, I have since painted the a black gloss with Autotech brand spray paint. Im trying to strip it off using Paint Stripper, will it melt the mag? Im not sure if its an alloy or not? Or if anyhting else, I have tryed it on an old Mitsibishy Alloy thats my spare and that hasnt melted (yet) so what do you think?

Need help, any opininions or answers are apreciated. asap, Dillon

Oly AE86
28th September 2007, 09:12 PM
I sand blasted my wheel centres, gets rid of all old paint and grime, comes up fresh metal ready for painting.

Oly

riceburner
28th September 2007, 09:52 PM
I used a mild pool acid mix with water, say 70% water to 30% acid, it will work if you leave it long enough, CAN CAUSE PITTING THOU IF ITS TOO STRONG.

Probably best for a real good finish to run off to a powder coater and let them worry about it. Id say about 30-50$ per wheel should do the trick.

Blood Child
28th September 2007, 09:58 PM
you can actually melt that shit?! oh dear!

'Red_Hachi_Box'
28th September 2007, 10:23 PM
I tried a minor bit under advisement of a friend.. And it DOES PIT IT... Ack ugly spot on my mag now.. :blink:

Doesnt matter.. I like the look better with gold spray painted over a black gloss finish anyway..

Thanks for the replies all, Dillon