PDA

View Full Version : someone wanna measure something for me??

ludachris
1st October 2007, 05:59 PM
Aiight... the story goes... im building a datto 1600 (please dont burn me :P ) doin coilovers, SR, LSD and whatnot... basically goin all out.
What im doin, is seeing if i can use AE86 camber plates on my 1600 cos i can get a pair relativley cheap..
My question is...
can someone measure the distance between the 3 bolts on the strut top?

AFAIK the KE70's are the same as AE86 ones, and S13 are the same aswell i think??? not to sure :unsure: .

Anyways.. thanks for your help peoples.
Chris

RObErT_RaTh
1st October 2007, 08:24 PM
i can tell u now, s13 camber plates have a further distance for the bolts and require drilling the strut tower to fit into ke70 and ae86. im not sure on how big ke70 ones actually are though,

and how cheap is cheap, and are there more ae86 camber plates available as im in need of some,

ludachris
2nd October 2007, 10:38 AM
cheap is fairly cheap... about half retail, and sorry these are a one off.. but if they dont fit in a 1600 i might buy them, and sell them cheap to someone that can use them...

Anyone willing to grab a ruler and go out and pop the bonnet of their car and measure the distance for me??
Cheers guys

RObErT_RaTh
2nd October 2007, 05:00 PM
alright real bad drawing buyt u get the idea

[attachment=17819:Untitled_1.jpg]

k, bolt b beign the bolt closest to the middle of the bay, and bolt C is the one closest to the fron, so its on the right hand side of you car,

from the centre of bolt A to the centre of bolt B is 9.25 cm, From bolt B to Bolt C is about 10.75 cm,
and from Bolt C back to Bolt A is 11cm, these measurtements are as close as i could get to exact with my tape measure, but it will give u a pretty good idea i reckon, if it wont fit your 1600 pm me a price for which u would sell them for if u had them in yoru possesion, and i will let u know if i want them and so on and so forth :2thumbs:

ludachris
4th October 2007, 10:23 AM
Thanks very much for that! Wow.. smart toyota makes them all different distances... lol. That was on a KE70 right?
Anyone got measurments for a AE86? as im not sure if KE and AE are the same..
Cheers!

deleta
4th October 2007, 10:49 AM
yah they are the same its just that the ae86 ones sit further forward

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/4/3/155984.jpg

ludachris
4th October 2007, 06:15 PM
alrighty then. thanks for your assistance guys.. looks like they wont fit :(

KE86_man ill pm you, or you pm me about the camber plates if you still want them and i might be able to do you a price..

Chris