PDA

View Full Version : Car backfiring

WHT16V
6th October 2007, 07:05 PM
Hey guys, recently ive noticed that my car has been backfiring, its like a little Pop pop noise..it happens when im sitting at lights on idle. Its a 4ac btw, im thinking maybe leads? Can anyone elaborate?

Cheers

Fozz
6th October 2007, 07:12 PM
did u check for exhaust leaks???

WHT16V
6th October 2007, 09:48 PM
no i havnt... i will now, cheers

Blood Child
7th October 2007, 03:31 AM
if it's a 4ac, just drive it til it's running on 2 cylinders or you blow it up, then do the conversion.
if it's running on less than 4 cylinders either check your spark plugs or just drive it harder lol.

johl
7th October 2007, 04:23 PM
disconnect bee r rev limiter.... lol jokes... totally agree with blood child... any excuse to do a ge/ze conversion...

Clinton
7th October 2007, 05:20 PM
lol i was running my 4kc on 2 cylinders on the qld cruise. ask everyone going up the to the top of mt glorious as i was the first car. lol i had like 46 car stuck behind me. it is super painful. my car wasnt back firing on 2 cylinders btw aswell but its a completly different engine so i could be compairing apples and oranges

gumbie
7th October 2007, 09:23 PM
check your timing if you are still running points it needs to be adjusted from time to time

Driftspec
7th October 2007, 10:27 PM
4AC backfiring is to do with timing normally, especially if it doesn't happen at speed, although it could also be a rich fuel mixture. Possibly get a mechanic to check it out, they may need to to just back the timing off a bit to suit.

Much cheaper than an engine conversion, especially if you aren't up to that stage yet :)

WHT16V
8th October 2007, 03:34 PM
ive got the cash to do a conversion...i just havnt found what i want yet, and as this my only mode of transport right now... i cant afford to take it off the road.. So untill i can buy a cheap daily. I need this thing up and running

Will check with a mechanic asap.
Thanks for the help guys

Cheers

rick q
8th October 2007, 09:01 PM
my 4ac shoots flames lol mine pops when engine braking but doesnt when idlin