PDA

View Full Version : BN Sports kits in aus?

45aken
11th April 2009, 12:35 PM
http://www.bn-sports.co.jp/2door/image/zoom/z_ae86_levin_front.jpg
Does anyone know if there are any moulds in aus?
I know one came over on ants old gold car.

ae86hachiroku
11th April 2009, 12:38 PM
the rear bars were copied by Ken Streeter...
I remember the Purple monster AE86 had sideskirts. Front bar seems to be a hard one to find.

45aken
11th April 2009, 12:41 PM
Yeah Im down for getting some, just have no need to buy a genuine kit to ruin it on a track.
The front bar is going to suck to find, and every other front bar is going to look wack because of how big and low the s/s ad r/b are.

fantapants
11th April 2009, 12:47 PM
if you know a decent fivreglasser to mould it, how bout a group buy of an original?if its like 1000 for an original landed, then like 6 people each pay 400, thats 2400, and each person gets a bar, glasser gets the mould and someone gets the original? :) just a thought :)

45aken
11th April 2009, 12:52 PM
Thats an idea.
I'm sure i could get a bn sports kit from a 180 and make the side skirts fit.
does streeter still sell kits these days? I know they were pretty bad quality but nothing i can't fit up myself.

You might even be able to get away with an origin front bar.

fantapants
11th April 2009, 01:13 PM
ants was for a trueno, but im sure you can get remoulded sides from him ... or someone he knows anyway. also if your handy with mucking about with things fibreglass, try getting a trueno bar and "making" it fit the levin, the bars are about 25mm i think deeper, so a standard looking origin trueno, would somewhat match the depth of the levin bn??

UGANGA
11th April 2009, 01:19 PM
you should be able to make a sil or 180 one fit if ur handy with fiberglass (i make body kits nowa days lol) just take a mould of the top of a AE bar and fit it to the sil bottom

45aken
11th April 2009, 01:27 PM
Yeah but it never looks right.
wheel arch curve, indicators and shit are always out.
I can do it, but i hate bodywork these days.
From memory i think trueno fronts are a bit longer too (from wheel arch to the front of the kit), but you might be saying the same thing haha

The origin bar would suit it pretty well, and would be a whole lot less fucking around.
might wait til ant comes into the thread

UGANGA
11th April 2009, 01:30 PM
well if u need sumone to do the dirty work im more than happy to lol

45aken
11th April 2009, 01:41 PM
haha no worries.
After doing a full bare metal job on my car and painting 5 others i vowed never to pick up a piece of sandpaper again lol

Delazy
11th April 2009, 10:16 PM
if you know a decent fivreglasser to mould it, how bout a group buy of an original?if its like 1000 for an original landed, then like 6 people each pay 400, thats 2400, and each person gets a bar, glasser gets the mould and someone gets the original? :) just a thought :)

dreaming....:thumbup:

fantapants
11th April 2009, 10:27 PM
front bar, new from japan, $695 aud.... more than $300 for shipping? just wandering? :)

Delazy
11th April 2009, 10:33 PM
front bar, new from japan, $695 aud.... more than $300 for shipping? just wandering? :)

having re-read it i guess ud get a front bar for around about that...i thought u meant a full kit...

my runfree copy was about 1.5k all up by the time it arrived and that was when the exchange rate was good...but i gotta admit...my runfree copy is a hell of alot better than some of the genuine origin and dmax shit ive seen

fantapants
11th April 2009, 10:42 PM
yeah sorry ... everyone can get a hold of the rest of the kit kinda easy, front bar seems to be the sticking point.

man sooo keen to see urs go together lol

Delazy
11th April 2009, 10:53 PM
yeah sorry ... everyone can get a hold of the rest of the kit kinda easy, front bar seems to be the sticking point.

man sooo keen to see urs go together lol

you me and everyone else :cool:

fantapants
11th April 2009, 11:09 PM
yeah but u just keep dropping these cock teasing snippets all over the place :)

Delazy
11th April 2009, 11:31 PM
yeah but u just keep dropping these cock teasing snippets all over the place :)

haha, more updates coming in a week or 2...nice package left japan not so long ago...

dont they say "good things come to those that wait"

:wub: :wub:

kaibeecee
12th April 2009, 12:15 AM
bretts (purple car) has BN skirts, but they were more a private copy via anthony, but thats not my story to tell.

aside from that there isn't too many BN levin style kits in AUS, if any, and you're honestly better off getting genuine, but that costs alot.

rich_86
12th April 2009, 08:20 AM
if someone wants sides and genuine rears if i get my kit back i will sell them trueno front thou

Hug-o
8th May 2010, 01:11 PM
yo, digging up a old thread cos i found it on google.

i want BN for my levin, copy or genuine. will buy pieces or full kit. if i have to buy trueno i will aswell.

for this bad boy:

Dom86
8th May 2010, 04:14 PM
That ^^^^ looks like a Origin front with D-Max sides and rear.... Looks Hot!

Hug-o
8th May 2010, 05:41 PM
yea it is, haha im wanting to get BN for it.