PDA

View Full Version : t-50 box?

S.K.
9th October 2007, 11:07 PM
Hey guys i just put another t-50 in my car to start it and find it was fucked aswell.... Does anyone know how to change the input shaft bearing?

cheers

Benno
9th October 2007, 11:26 PM
remove the bell housing, remove throw-out support, split the box, remove the circlip off the input shaft then find someone with a long arm puller and remove the input shaft bearing. smack the new one on evenly with a punch(or even better a peice of steel tube the right size) on the inner of the bearing, replace circlip, reseal the box together with toyota FIPG ar a good RTV sealant.

just make sure it's not the support bearing between the input and main shaft. this will have similar symptoms to input shaft bearing but will go quiet in forth gear.

good luck :2thumbs:

S.K.
9th October 2007, 11:36 PM
cheers mate, yea im so over pulling bloody gearboxes out at the moment. Im pretty sure thats what it is, although i could be wrong. With my foot off the clutch of it rattles and clunks and then once my foots on the clutch its fine. But once u try and drive it then its totally Fu*#ED. Could it be anything else??? Car was supposed to be tuned today but the box i put in was stuffed aswell.

Benno
9th October 2007, 11:47 PM
you'll have to drive it to get a rough idea.
your problem is that in neutral/foot off clutch spins nearly every bearing in the box except main shaft support and rear bearing.
you might be up for a bit of strip down a diagnosis before rushing off and buying parts for it.

Benno
9th October 2007, 11:50 PM
it also turn over every gear mesh except revearse, so cogs might be damaged too.

S.K.
10th October 2007, 10:09 AM
hahaha no worries mate, i guess i will have a look first. Looks like im getting another gearbox today then...

Trev084
10th October 2007, 10:30 AM
You sure it's not the throw out bearing?