PDA

View Full Version : engine idle's at 3000rpm

Gavin
10th October 2007, 07:51 PM
I have recently swapped my 4kc for a 4ac, the engine is in and running but it idles at 3000rpm
I adjusted the spark timing but it didn't do anything it just stayed at 3000rpm
I think it might be the auto choke or the two wires that come from the carburettor which I haven't plugged in because I don't know wear they go or what they do
Dose anyone know what this could be?

Konakid
10th October 2007, 10:21 PM
Is most probably your idle adjustment screw, its one of the ones pointing towards the drivers side strut tower coming from the carb, just use a long screwdriver to adjust it while the car is idling, should do the trick.

Fozz
11th October 2007, 09:41 AM
I have recently swapped my 4kc for a 4ac, the engine is in and running but it idles at 3000rpm
I adjusted the spark timing but it didn't do anything it just stayed at 3000rpm
I think it might be the auto choke or the two wires that come from the carburettor which I haven't plugged in because I don't know wear they go or what they do
Dose anyone know what this could be?[/b]

Yer it is the auto choke i think i had the same problem with my 2tc i dont know how u would fix it maybe take it to a mechanic

Mr Freeky
11th October 2007, 11:17 AM
my old 4-AC the idle adjustment srew used to get stuck so i had to play around with it and spraying it with wd-40 of inox helps as well

slide86
12th October 2007, 01:49 AM
if it is the auto choke, disconnect the rod that attatches the actuator to the throttle (if it has it)

thats what i did on my bluey after it had the same problem