PDA

View Full Version : Fast and Furious 4 - AE86

Stinger
11th April 2009, 09:43 PM
Well, i've watched it, and here are pics of the only Ae86 i saw....

its about 7-8 mins in, in a drag race....(start only)

The rest of the movie was okay, i guess.........

driftism
11th April 2009, 09:44 PM
is it worth seeing?

Sturgey
11th April 2009, 09:48 PM
i liked it
no nos this time
just boost scramble lol

driftism
11th April 2009, 09:50 PM
ahhh scramble boost!! i knew it would catch on one day.

Shahzan
11th April 2009, 10:25 PM
hehe... iam looking forward for that

Eircamae86
11th April 2009, 10:27 PM
AE86 vs RS200
I wonder who will win?

Vance
11th April 2009, 10:30 PM
i watched it. there is nos. its all about the nos

its pretty gay but its better than most of the other crap out right now

Jonny Rochester
11th April 2009, 10:51 PM
Tokyo Drift was very bad. So if you say you like this one, you better say if you liked Tokyo Drift also for comparison.

H8CHIR6KU
11th April 2009, 10:59 PM
tokyo drift was ok. esp when universal studios give you free tickets to japan as promo for the movie. hehe

jamekins
12th April 2009, 12:18 AM
Tokyo Drift was very bad.
+1

That movie made me sad

obey wan boenny
12th April 2009, 01:23 AM
is it worth seeing?

I doubt it. but there good for a laugh :P I'll wait till its out of dvd :P

Eircamae86
12th April 2009, 01:52 AM
lets be honest, most people will go see it, Its a morbid kind of thing, just how bad is it, but sort of enjoy the badness at the same time. Ive seen all of them in the cinema & Ive only been to the cinema about 10 times in the past 10 years. I wont enjoy it

yakusikimo
12th April 2009, 03:32 AM
Its fukin shit but i thought tokyo drift was good. vin deisel and paulwalker cant act and whats up with combining a r32 r34 and the new gtr together. Theres no good cars most of them are american muscle but u will still go see it, i would.

shift_rook
12th April 2009, 12:07 PM
yeah everyone says they don't like it when they still watch it, i like it, i'm gonna watch it, is there any other hi-po car movies out there? no so this will have to do

cracker
12th April 2009, 12:42 PM
just hollywood trash get drunk then go watch it

Trav_555
12th April 2009, 01:03 PM
Ive seen it

it was crappy gay hollywood storyline gayness, yea sure some of the cars were nice but it wasnt even about the cars really

took too many lines from the first movie and re used them...

vin diesals attitude was the same but paul walker was just completely different to what he was like in the first 2 movies, he looked like justin timberlake and was all im such a mad shit dectective ooo look at me im tough. but he wasnt, far from it

theres wasnt even a slight build up of a car, they put 3 photos up on a sceen and hadd him next to an engine crane dropping in an engine, thats it, was gay hollywood crapness

best scene was the one with petrol tanker at the begining

O and is Vin Diesel the new Medium!!! i mean WTF!!

anyway i dont know if anyone agrees but this movie was gay, im still gonna see it at movies when it comes out, just so i can watch it again to pay it out some more

but honestly it was the worst of all of them.

Travis

Stinger
12th April 2009, 01:48 PM
i say go see it........

'cos if you dont, it wont make money, they wont make any move relating to cars,
and we will all bitch about it.

I say have hope..... yes, this one isn't the greatest, but it has been made,
and we can all bitch about it.

better to whinge about a move that has been made, as apposed to one which isn't

ae86
12th April 2009, 01:56 PM
hmmm no gay decals or bright paintjob on ae86 ? u sure this is fnf ?

UGANGA
12th April 2009, 02:15 PM
AE86 vs RS200
I wonder who will win?
hahah the rs200 lol group b rally car FTMFW

KKUSTOM
12th April 2009, 03:27 PM
Well, i've watched it, and here are pics of the only Ae86 i saw....

its about 7-8 mins in, in a drag race....(start only)

The rest of the movie was okay, i guess.........

Does it continue on from tokyo drift?

Vance
12th April 2009, 04:00 PM
i say go see it........

'cos if you dont, it wont make money, they wont make any movie relating to cars

transformers 2?

MINIHORSE
12th April 2009, 05:16 PM
lol why are they comparing a Group B car capable of 0-100 in 2.4sec to a rusty USDM
ae86, oh becuase the 86 has nos

Intense
12th April 2009, 05:36 PM
Just watched it then. There's already a few technical bloopers in the vid. When the wrx rolls, it has no drive shaft or gearbox which is lol. And the GTR is drifting all over the place, gtr's don't do that, oh and they used a take where the r34 would have spun but the chopped it together with some other footage to make it appear as though it didn't.

Still a decent movie, it's good to watch just don't take it seriously. And lol at all the hot chicks around the cars, reality is that there's no girls in the car scene like that, you can have your pick of vce students though ahah

Stinger
12th April 2009, 05:49 PM
Does it continue on from tokyo drift?

The story is about 5 years from number 1....

So about 3-4 from number 2.......

It is mweant to be before Tokyo drift.... (my guess, based on the end and Vin d.)

ae71neo
12th April 2009, 06:01 PM
Just about to watch it now, will give opinion in 1hr 39mins lol.

Ok so it wasnt that bad. Not good though haha. And i did notice the driveline-less upsidedown wrx. NSX was nice at the end.

haikii
12th April 2009, 08:30 PM
Tokyo drift was mad for one thing. Japanese gangers. fwahhh:D

Trav_555
12th April 2009, 10:11 PM
I enjoyed tokyo drift

not because of the drifting, but because it managed to pull off an alright storyline and still really focused on cars and driving, fnf4 just did not pull that off

Travis

Klutch
12th April 2009, 11:24 PM
You guys act like its a documentary or something.

Its a movie made for the masses, not car enthusiasts.
Its. Just. A. Movie.

Its not SUPPOSE to be realistic.

trueno
12th April 2009, 11:34 PM
fast and furious 4 wasn't as good as u think it would be.it hade more mussel cars.hardly any imports this time

choonga
12th April 2009, 11:39 PM
i'll probably go check it out

racsov
13th April 2009, 12:18 AM
yeah look if you ignore all of the incorrect car bs and not be a know all prick about it and just take it as another cheesy over the top action movie then they are actually a good watch. except #2, that just sucks balls. its also great how everyone hates teh first one but pretty much everyone on here would have gotten into japanese cars after seeing it.

ae86
13th April 2009, 05:25 AM
woah 2 seconds of ae86 in drags?! i think this has convinced me to take my car to the drags this week now,

ae86hachiroku
13th April 2009, 03:28 PM
I actually enjoyed Tokyo drift... 4 sounds like a bit of a fail though.

Clinton
13th April 2009, 06:03 PM
dling now lolz

sonsta
13th April 2009, 06:29 PM
i seen it to, not bad not bad!!

rthy
13th April 2009, 08:48 PM
its a movie, enjoy

Clinton
13th April 2009, 10:14 PM
i actually liked it a bit more because there wasnt as many floor pans falling out and no weld on the intake blowing up

patience
13th April 2009, 10:21 PM
Yea I hate it when that happens

by the way where is this screening in Qld already? was aware it only started on Thursday.

I watched the other travesties and find myself compelled to watch this one again.
It's like that ex girlfriend you really don't like, then end up sleeping with her anyway after telling yourself not too. then feeling dirteh afterwards

Vance
14th April 2009, 12:09 AM
^ lol

so true mate. the thing is though you atleast somewhat enjoy it whilst youre doing it

rthy
14th April 2009, 09:36 AM
what i find funny was after fnf came out all the wannabe ricers came out at the same time too (black bonnets, huge wings and sticker packs)

why do i have a feeling that we are ganna start seeing kingswoods with apexi and greddy stickers n shiz

slydar
14th April 2009, 01:43 PM
i watched the first one. i havent watched any since. and i wont watch this.

Vance
14th April 2009, 08:03 PM
what i find funny was after fnf came out all the wannabe ricers came out at the same time too (black bonnets, huge wings and sticker packs)

need i say anything more!

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=3977

rthy
14th April 2009, 08:10 PM
haha cant wait to see a carbonfiber kingswood

JamieB
14th April 2009, 08:17 PM
I hated this movie, worst one yet!! thats 1 hr and 39 mins i wont get back:(

Dom86
14th April 2009, 09:04 PM
they are all hollywood crap!
fwd ricers that can drive through pillons without terminal damage....2nd one
drift chase seen, looked coolish but grip driving would have been quicker...tokyo drift
The story lines are crap been done before (usually in the previous film) and the acting is poor. the action is over the top, drive over a pebble and flip the car.
The only good things about the movies is the ladies and the odd nice cars.
Crap but amusing to watch.

rthy
14th April 2009, 09:51 PM
anyone else notice the price on the jetta go up?
http://www.geocities.com/djsanzzz/The_Fast_and_the_Furious_-_jetta.JPG

PuGZoR
15th April 2009, 01:21 PM
That is hot. %$@# the '86, I'm going to get a Golf.

ae86
15th April 2009, 09:00 PM
haha i still remember the torque pushing the rear up of the jettas sussy rockin it like a cradle when it drags the s2k in number one oh fun fun memories.

Stinger
16th April 2009, 10:53 AM
woooooooooot.

Just read in news.com that there are already looking and F'n'F 5!

to be set in south america.....................

JamieB
16th April 2009, 12:13 PM
if its any thing like fnf 4 its gonna be shit!!!!!!!!

R&D Mechanical
16th April 2009, 11:23 PM
just saw it, shit

rthy
17th April 2009, 12:28 AM
just saw it, its alright... its a movie lol, it not ment to make sense

Eddy
17th April 2009, 12:29 AM
where did you see it davey
yea just saw it to
all in all crap
but fuel injection is the way now

JUG-HEAD
17th April 2009, 10:16 AM
its blows quite hard

ThatsHowWeRoll
17th April 2009, 12:39 PM
Reality factor is as bad as ever....

Entertainment factor was pretty good...i didn't get bored so they did their job....

Most of the cars were lame.....there was a sic looking fc at the funeral scene though.

patience
17th April 2009, 01:25 PM
There were many lulz to be had

just take it all in with a grain of salt and you will be alright. lucky I brought a bucket

dr1ft-pig
17th April 2009, 01:39 PM
i saw it last night

thought it was pretty good, its not sposed to be real just entertaining

deano, agreed that FC was siiick

i lold at: " u know when u blew your car up back there, u blew mine up 2.... now u owe me a 10 second car"

but all in all it got better as it went along, it seemed to me that all the far fetched impossible shit was at the start of the movie, by the end i was enjoying it

patience
17th April 2009, 01:51 PM
My favourite bit was the fact that they were jacking tankers so they could hold street racing parties in puerto rico or whereever it was, and despite the abject poverty in that part of the world, and apparent lack of petrol, and that they were in the middle of nowhere, there was still a thriving ricer scene and plenty of hot cars.
And I am also amazed at their ability to hold massive off the hook car meets without them being broken up.

rthy
17th April 2009, 02:24 PM
i loled at the fact that every import car with an illlegal mod ment u are a street racer or had connections to street racing

R&D Mechanical
17th April 2009, 02:27 PM
where did you see it davey
yea just saw it to
all in all crap
but fuel injection is the way now
Mitchm 7pm school hollies r gay so many kids around,

Rice86
17th April 2009, 03:36 PM
good movie to watch, its more a movie then a camera that are jsut filming street drivers

pieman18
17th April 2009, 09:11 PM
its actually not a bad movie

not all glitzy and shit like 2 and 3

theyve actually put a bit of effort into the story and taken a bit of focus off the cars

the story is a bit average, but i like muscle cars so i thought some of the cars were sweet

all in all, as good as the first one, not too bad to watch

AE86R
18th April 2009, 12:38 AM
the first one was rubbish taking corners at 200kms and jumping over bridges

reecegze
18th April 2009, 01:16 AM
Like my parents always told me when i was young its a movie lol . Go watch rocky, rambo or the worst one transporter for full action BS. Deep down inside everyone wants to watch it as there a car enthuthiast. Hell i like the 3rd one but the acting was shithouse

ae86hachiroku
18th April 2009, 03:53 PM
Just watched it yesterday, was a good movie actually.

Because your a car enthusiast you naturally will want everything to be realistic. Look past it and enjoy it as a whole package, it isn't bad.

ATESIX
18th April 2009, 04:37 PM
Yeah it wasn't that bad, it actually puts the other movies together to the story line.

Good to see some more muscle cars in this movie for a change.

R&D Mechanical
19th April 2009, 03:55 PM
lol at the that bit when the fbi do that raid. perks of the job

racsov
19th April 2009, 05:22 PM
theres so many tossers in this thread. its a movie for fucks sake.

saw it last night. thought it was awesome, will buy it on dvd fo sho

Wally
19th April 2009, 05:29 PM
It wasn't as bad as i thought it would be (2 and 3).

But yeah, just some far fetched shit in it like the opening scene for example. But all in all it was _ok_

corey70
20th April 2009, 03:56 PM
i didnt mind it, abit of entertainment, looks like they set it up at the end for there to be a number5

ecko
20th April 2009, 06:36 PM
i liked it its very true FNF stlye and within the first 10mins you know your watching FNF.

its really FNF 3 as HANS (from tokyo drift) is in the start.

But yeah i lol'd at the Rs2000 as a streey car WTF
and the wrx with no drivetrain...

Its also very obvious its sponserd by GM or Ford with all the muscle car crap

Yes in the perspective of realism and maybe other movie types its shit but in FNF style its good

reecegze
20th April 2009, 07:07 PM
Its true about the wrx tailshaft disappearing but then again it did roll 100x do its possible :)

i liked it its very true FNF stlye and within the first 10mins you know your watching FNF.

its really FNF 3 as HANS (from tokyo drift) is in the start.

But yeah i lol'd at the Rs2000 as a streey car WTF
and the wrx with no drivetrain...

Its also very obvious its sponserd by GM or Ford with all the muscle car crap

Yes in the perspective of realism and maybe other movie types its shit but in FNF style its good

Trav_555
20th April 2009, 07:21 PM
And the mad oversteer with the skyline when it goes around that car in the first race that auto corrects itself when changed to different camera angle ahahaha

Was definately better second time and at movies is soo much better too

Travis

ecko
20th April 2009, 07:49 PM
And the mad oversteer with the skyline when it goes around that car in the first race that auto corrects itself when changed to different camera angle ahahaha

Was definately better second time and at movies is soo much better too

Travis

hmm gtrs will oversteer if pushed hard enough maybe he converted it to rwd only in the 10sec modification scene??? or maybe the awd/atessa kicked in yo and corrected his line...

makes me wonder tho why did he pick 3 GTR;s and only uses one..
then on that one removed the engine for apparenlty no reason??

reecegze
20th April 2009, 08:04 PM
Yer they stuffed up alot of things, pulls out water pump and it looks new with some grease on it.

hmm gtrs will oversteer if pushed hard enough maybe he converted it to rwd only in the 10sec modification scene??? or maybe the awd/atessa kicked in yo and corrected his line...

makes me wonder tho why did he pick 3 GTR;s and only uses one..
then on that one removed the engine for apparenlty no reason??

Stain
20th April 2009, 11:31 PM
All this talk of gay... you sure you didnt see this movie instead? :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE8QiTDWCVk

kaibeecee
21st April 2009, 12:33 AM
i loled at the fact that every import car with an illlegal mod ment u are a street racer or had connections to street racing

perhaps they're working together with today tonight? or QLD police?

some kinda cool cars in there with this one though

eh, hot chicks in it, winner

AE86R
23rd April 2009, 04:29 AM
watched it at the movies to me it was shit, it had gone from a movie about cars and street racing, to a movie that involves car and street racing not an actual movie based on it.

doony
23rd April 2009, 10:41 AM
i think that was the idea that they were going for.

lesbian action was at an all time high. that is all.

marvis
2nd May 2009, 10:58 PM
Just watching this now. I don't know how they are good drivers.. They are driving with one hand on the top of the wheel like a thug.

What burkes.

marvis.

ae86ln
3rd May 2009, 12:29 AM
it wasnt as bad as everyone was saying it was. i like some of the old school muscle cars and the gt40

why do i have a feeling that we are ganna start seeing kingswoods with apexi and greddy stickers n shiz

i already see it in some of the bogan areas around my house. a guy down the road has a black kingswood (spray paint job) with 20s chrome, choped springs and a monster tacho at the bottom of the pillar

hitoriko
3rd May 2009, 12:59 AM
best car film in the last 12months - gran torino...save your $16 and put petrol in your rolla

hitoriko
3rd May 2009, 01:01 AM
it wasnt as bad as everyone was saying it was. i like some of the old school muscle cars and the gt40

i already see it in some of the bogan areas around my house. a guy down the road has a black kingswood (spray paint job) with 20s chrome, choped springs and a monster tacho at the bottom of the pillar

thats been happening since the mid 90's (minus the 20's most would use GTS rims or 17s)

benno93
15th July 2009, 01:14 AM
i found there was not much driving in it at all
the whole thing was about drug traffiking. at least tokyo drift was about drifting(not that it was any better either hehe)